Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw the new rear glass option that Oracle just added... not bad... but with a shelf back there I'm wondering if anybody's just used LED tape and wired that up to a 12v switch coming off the cargo area cig lighter? Title search didn't turn up anything.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw the new rear glass option that Oracle just added... not bad... but with a shelf back there I'm wondering if anybody's just used LED tape and wired that up to a 12v switch coming off the cargo area cig lighter? Title search didn't turn up anything.
I think @B Miller might have something similar? I recall seeing it in a video of his. Maybe he can shed some light on this one.

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think @B Miller might have something similar? I recall seeing it in a video of his. Maybe he can shed some light on this one.
Sorry for the delay. Here's the video where I talk about it. It's just a LED strip and a battery pack because my fridge plugs into the 12V. One issue with any light on the glass, is it collects bugs around your head if cooking on the tailgate. Just FYI.

FAST FORWARD TO 17:10

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it collects bugs around your head if cooking on the tailgate. Just FYI
I think that was the best part of the advice.

I have the Mabett overhead. For me, it throws enough light into the back.

Saw (literally) a Bronco where the guy used a rock light (HF?) just inside on the roof panel. He wired a toggle switch to it to turn it on/off. Don't know how he hooked it up. We talked about his two tier table - he hit the light to show it off.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that was the best part of the advice.

I have the Mabett overhead. For me, it throws enough light into the back.

Saw (literally) a Bronco where the guy used a rock light (HF?) just inside on the roof panel. He wired a toggle switch to it to turn it on/off. Don't know how he hooked it up. We talked about his two tier table - he hit the light to show it off.
@Baja Designs has these dome lights, which look like rock lights but apparently aren't. Could be an option to mount and put a switch inside the cargo area (or wire to your factory dome light).

https://www.bajadesigns.com/dome-lights/

Sponsored

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My bad.
It was a rocker switch in a small, separate rectangular housing next to the light. Not a button toggle.

I do like the Baja Design dome. Good way to bring light lower into the bay if it was needed. Or add a few on the bar for "spot" lighting, like can lights that can be aimed on a specific location.

spidydt

Black Diamond
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx STi
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a couple of these lights that are magnetic and I leave them stuck to the roll bar. When I pop the glass open I can reach in and stick these to the plastic wiper motor cover using those thin metal plates you would stick on the backside of your phone for car magnetic mounts. Best part is they have an amber setting which does help with the whole flying bugs situation.

https://hardkorr.com/us/product/u-lite-dual-colour-led-lantern-with-inbuilt-lithium-battery/
Sponsored