mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The horn beeps twice on Fords if you exit with the vehicle running. As typical as so many other things, people want to defeat it because it's annoying to them. Those people create their own safety risk.
5 qualified people in the cockpit of a 4 engine heavy transport aircraft ,4 pilots and a flt eng. they were shooting touch and goes and with gear down in pattern alarm was going off constantly.

So they pull the breaker and silence the horn about 10 min later i see this giant ac land beautifully with no gear down ,heads rolled for sure.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honest question: how often does a person lock/unlock from the passenger side with intelligent access? (Any make/model, not just Fords) Usually the driver has the key and locks/unlocks the whole vehicle for passengers. Just curious. Never thought about it before.
For that matter, why would you use your left hand? when you open the door, the normal position would be standing near the rear door with the door handle on the right. To use your left hand would place you behind the front door and you would need to walk around to get in.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once you use it it will make more sense. With it on that side, the chance of accidental unlocking is reduced. This setup works really well. It love this feature on my work vehicle.
Accidental LOCKING. The new location will better prevent passengers from accidentally locking the door - although I've never had that happen.

I never use it on my Raptor - I just press the inner door lock button when getting out. It looks equally convenient on the Bronco inner door. The intelligent unlocking is great, however. Hopefully Bronco doesn't require the door pull to unlock (just get close enough and wait for the thunk).

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First, to point out, it's not a physical button, just a sensor.

As someone that's been around '15-'20 F-150s (which has the lock sensor "button" on the rear outer part of the handle), this setup with the lock button on the front part of the handle will be better than it being on the rear part of the handle (when I say rear, I mean closer to the back of the car, not the inside of the handle). I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally hit the lock sensor with my hand while trying to unlock it (with the inner handle unlock sensor).

Last edited:

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My 19 Edge has ridges on the top surface of the handles closest to the door edge that shows where to touch to lock. They are on all 4 doors as well. I believe most of the new models are front only.
My Mustang has the same handles as the Edge, and while I like that setup better than what we see here on Bronco, Bronco's will still be better than the outgoing F-150 setup.

Oddly enough - the new Explorer has the ridges setup, but the ridges are on the FRONT upper part of the handle.....that takes some getting used to after using the opposite setup for so long.

Honest question: how often does a person lock/unlock from the passenger side with intelligent access? (Any make/model, not just Fords) Usually the driver has the key and locks/unlocks the whole vehicle for passengers. Just curious. Never thought about it before.
I mean, if you need to get something out of the passenger side, it's helpful.

Sponsored

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know if the lock button is a real button you press or just light touch sensor? On my '18 mustang its just a light sensor and if I brush my hand over the lock sensor when im touching the unlock sensor it freaks out and makes me use the fob to unlock it.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone know if the lock button is a real button you press or just light touch sensor? On my '18 mustang its just a light sensor and if I brush my hand over the lock sensor when im touching the unlock sensor it freaks out and makes me use the fob to unlock it.
Sensor.

Strange, I haven't had that freak out having to use the fob situation on my '18 Mustang.

gigidaho

Wildtrak
First Name
Gig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've never owned intelligent access anything, but I almost always unlock and go to the passenger door first to unload whatever bags of bullshit I'll be carting around with me for the day. So yeah, ladies need this function.

BroncoAbe

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if the next thread will be about how difficult it is to lock the Bronco with the doors off? *shrug*

• Haha
Reactions: abe

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sensor.

Strange, I haven't had that freak out having to use the fob situation on my '18 Mustang.
I have gotten good at avoiding it, but it still happens a good bit with passengers bumping the lock area on the passenger door when I grab the unlock on the drivers door. At least the Bronco's is on the front of the handle vs. where the mustang sensor is.

Sponsored
OP
OP
De Brus

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Chivalry is dead

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the link!
I'm not a big fan of push button starts that don't require a key in the ignition, I've known a lot of people who don't realize they haven't shut their car off and they walk off, leaving it running. The worst example is someone I know who didn't realize their car was running in the garage and woke up in the middle of the night to their entire house filled with exhaust, they're lucky they didn't kill the whole family. The person may blame it on the quietness of their vehicle, though it probably has more to do with how distracted people are functioning on the daily. Still, I think there's merit to those physical movements like having your keys in hand as you enter and exit your vehicle.
Maybe the heritage edition will throw us luddites a bone and give us a keyed ignition 🙏
Man this makes the electric cars even more scary with how quiet they are!

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly the same number of times my wife or my elderly mother are coming in the car with me.

Last edited: