First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm by no means a seasoned off-roader, but i'm also no stranger to being able to enjoy a car that's more than capable when it comes to getting off the pavement. For years, I have owned a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, by no means a revolutionary car today, but for the time I had it while living in Texas I could think of no better sidekick when it came to rock climbing and general off-roading. Most of my time owning the Wrangler i was active duty in the Army, and the big green wrangler felt like owning a humvee that could also be a daily commuter. Eventually I finished my contract and moved to Michigan for school and work, and the Wrangler came with me. I ended up getting 2 dogs who lived being outdoors with me, and if it wasn't for the gas mileage that old Wrangler was getting, i don't think I ever would have even considered leaving Jeep. And then in June of 2020 the trailers for the Bronco were released and everything changed in my mind.

Now that we got the backstory out of the way, getting the Bronco was no easy task, initially I reserved a Big Bend with the mid-package back in October of 2020, and I was eagerly awaiting the summer arrival of the Bronco in 2021, that is until i realized that was not happening. Timelines kept getting pushed back and eventually I had to reorder for 2022, and at that time, I saved up a lot more for the down payment, and decided when i reordered I was gonna make some pretty major upgrades. So, I ordered a 4 door Outerbanks, eruption green, lux package, leather seats, 2.7L, winch, aux switches, MIC hardtop and tow package. At this point I was used to waiting, so I figured if it was gonna be another year before I got it, I may as well get it exactly how I wanted it.

May 26th 2022 I got a text from my rep saying hey we finally got a VIN, and a build date during the last week of July. Cool, it finally felt real for once. June 9th I get an email from Ford saying my production week is now June 13! I cross reference with my dealer, he was surprised as well, but confirmed that is what he then saw on his end too. Estimated delivery comes out to July 11th, and then like magic, it got delivered June 21st.

So what actually happened at the dealer? I was missing a few things that were important to me, the tow package, the roof rack, and most importantly my AUX switches. This was crushing because as of right now, there is no real substitute for that AUX panel, and that really blew. We talked and found out during transferring the 2021 order to 2022, he missed a few things, and after almost 2 years of waiting there was no real turning around. What was offered was a couple of free accessories, some gifts from Ford, a rebate of $250 and a 5 year wheel warranty included in my offer leaving the lot. The AUX panel was important to me, but i happily took the other deal. My dealership has been very transparent and amazing to work with, they didn't sneak in any fees and made sure my initial MSRP had still been locked in, they genuinely were working in my best interest, and the loss of some selections sucked but was an honest mistake.

So, i finally crossed 1,000 miles this week. Very short amount of time but man did we do some serious road trips, I drove all the way to Munising MI, to go see pictured rocks for the 4th. Here are some of my takeaways-

Gas mileage was SIGNIFICANTLY better than estimated, during my drive I averaged 22.8mpg while staying in ECO mode and using cruise control. My current average right now is 20.6mpg. After filling my tank before leaving Munising the car read 445 miles till E.

The MIC hardtop with the deadliner was very tolerable, of course you hear wind in a vehicle shaped like Chinese takeout box, but it was much more quiet than i expected, I could talk to passengers without shouting, and the top made the acoustics for the audio much better.

The wireless charging tub is cool, and having ApplePlay was game changing for a drive that long, BUT be wary, the longer you keep electronics in the tub the warmer they get, and they warmer they get you will notice your Bluetooth performance getting worse, make sure to take it out after about an hour or so to cool down for a few minutes to keep everything running smooth.

Switching GOAT modes on the fly was a lot of fun, and the 4x4 modes feel incredibly reliable on dirt roads. I could comfortably drive 45mph on a dirt road and not feel any give with my traction, and these are dirt roads, not gravel.

The electronics definitely took some getting used to after leaving the 2007 wrangler, but the interface of the screen made everything incredibly straight forward and I quickly got the hang of all the features after a few drives!

After prolonged use of AC, leaving your vehicle you may hear what sounds like sizzling, fear not, its just the water dripping down onto a very warm plate underneath the driver side, I saw another forum about it and even confirmed the concern myself, no need for concern.

Anyways, this has turned into quite a novel, but i'm willing to answer anything you guys have questions for on the thread, until then ill just do the reveal of the car

Ford Bronco Left the Jeep Wrangler for Ford Bronco, my first impressions after crossing 1K miles 67812869126__2EF87FAF-9959-45BE-8742-8021FFA922EA.fullsizerender

Ford Bronco Left the Jeep Wrangler for Ford Bronco, my first impressions after crossing 1K miles 7096

Here is a photo of my old Wrangler for reference!

Ford Bronco Left the Jeep Wrangler for Ford Bronco, my first impressions after crossing 1K miles IMG_4639 (2)
Sponsored

Last edited:

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice write up! How the hell were you getting such good MPG? I am at about 2k and averaging 18.4 in a Black Diamond no Sas 90% in eco mode.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Feels a lot better to have a truck without the angry grille actually, made me realize just how cheesy of a trend it really was 😓
Bronco cheese is white trim and disco-era graphics. I’m not sure which is worse. Ok, angry eyes are worse, but not by much. :LOL:

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your "Before and After" pics reminded me of somebody else that had a similar change........

Ford Bronco Left the Jeep Wrangler for Ford Bronco, my first impressions after crossing 1K miles download

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How’s the wench working? Have you tried it yet?
Wench Working? I sure his Wife loves the new Bronco and everything is working out for her

Space Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 1st Edition, etc...
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm by no means a seasoned off-roader, but i'm also no stranger to being able to enjoy a car that's more than capable when it comes to getting off the pavement. For years, I have owned a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, by no means a revolutionary car today, but for the time I had it while living in Texas I could think of no better sidekick when it came to rock climbing and general off-roading. Most of my time owning the Wrangler i was active duty in the Army, and the big green wrangler felt like owning a humvee that could also be a daily commuter. Eventually I finished my contract and moved to Michigan for school and work, and the Wrangler came with me. I ended up getting 2 dogs who lived being outdoors with me, and if it wasn't for the gas mileage that old Wrangler was getting, i don't think I ever would have even considered leaving Jeep. And then in June of 2020 the trailers for the Bronco were released and everything changed in my mind.

Now that we got the backstory out of the way, getting the Bronco was no easy task, initially I reserved a Big Bend with the mid-package back in October of 2020, and I was eagerly awaiting the summer arrival of the Bronco in 2021, that is until i realized that was not happening. Timelines kept getting pushed back and eventually I had to reorder for 2022, and at that time, I saved up a lot more for the down payment, and decided when i reordered I was gonna make some pretty major upgrades. So, I ordered a 4 door Outerbanks, eruption green, lux package, leather seats, 2.4L, wench, aux switches, MIC hardtop and tow package. At this point I was used to waiting, so I figured if it was gonna be another year before I got it, I may as well get it exactly how I wanted it.

May 26th 2022 I got a text from my rep saying hey we finally got a VIN, and a build date during the last week of July. Cool, it finally felt real for once. June 9th I get an email from Ford saying my production week is now June 13! I cross reference with my dealer, he was surprised as well, but confirmed that is what he then saw on his end too. Estimated delivery comes out to July 11th, and then like magic, it got delivered June 21st.

So what actually happened at the dealer? I was missing a few things that were important to me, the tow package, the roof rack, and most importantly my AUX switches. This was crushing because as of right now, there is no real substitute for that AUX panel, and that really blew. We talked and found out during transferring the 2021 order to 2022, he missed a few things, and after almost 2 years of waiting there was no real turning around. What was offered was a couple of free accessories, some gifts from Ford, a rebate of $250 and a 5 year wheel warranty included in my offer leaving the lot. The AUX panel was important to me, but i happily took the other deal. My dealership has been very transparent and amazing to work with, they didn't sneak in any fees and made sure my initial MSRP had still been locked in, they genuinely were working in my best interest, and the loss of some selections sucked but was an honest mistake.

So, i finally crossed 1,000 miles this week. Very short amount of time but man did we do some serious road trips, I drove all the way to Munising MI, to go see pictured rocks for the 4th. Here are some of my takeaways-

Gas mileage was SIGNIFICANTLY better than estimated, during my drive I averaged 22.8mpg while staying in ECO mode and using cruise control. My current average right now is 20.6mpg. After filling my tank before leaving Munising the car read 445 miles till E.

The MIC hardtop with the deadliner was very tolerable, of course you hear wind in a vehicle shaped like Chinese takeout box, but it was much more quiet than i expected, I could talk to passengers without shouting, and the top made the acoustics for the audio much better.

The wireless charging tub is cool, and having ApplePlay was game changing for a drive that long, BUT be wary, the longer you keep electronics in the tub the warmer they get, and they warmer they get you will notice your Bluetooth performance getting worse, make sure to take it out after about an hour or so to cool down for a few minutes to keep everything running smooth.

Switching GOAT modes on the fly was a lot of fun, and the 4x4 modes feel incredibly reliable on dirt roads. I could comfortably drive 45mph on a dirt road and not feel any give with my traction, and these are dirt roads, not gravel.

The electronics definitely took some getting used to after leaving the 2007 wrangler, but the interface of the screen made everything incredibly straight forward and I quickly got the hang of all the features after a few drives!

After prolonged use of AC, leaving your vehicle you may hear what sounds like sizzling, fear not, its just the water dripping down onto a very warm plate underneath the driver side, I saw another forum about it and even confirmed the concern myself, no need for concern.

Anyways, this has turned into quite a novel, but i'm willing to answer anything you guys have questions for on the thread, until then ill just do the reveal of the car

Ford Bronco Left the Jeep Wrangler for Ford Bronco, my first impressions after crossing 1K miles download

Here is a photo of my old Wrangler for reference!

Good pics. Great story. The brown leather looks great with the Green Eruption. Thinking of the same . Planning to finally place an order on 8/15. Funny how the console grab handles are different between models. How was the Adaptive Cruise Control? I got a Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition but only kept it for 2 years and 6k miles. Sold it. I liked it but liking the Bronco a lot more. How was that B&O sound system cranked all the way up? It must've helped the miles pass. I drove my Gladiator from Denver to MD on a southerly route with several detours. Quite an adventure. I kept it it on Adaptive Cruise Control for most of the Interstate miles, and cranked the 9 speaker Alpine system. The hardtop had the sound deadening liner but it was still loud at 80mph wind noise. The sound system almost drowned it out. Oh yeah,...and my windshield broke from pebble strike.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MeesterHeester
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice write up! How the hell were you getting such good MPG? I am at about 2k and averaging 18.4 in a Black Diamond no Sas 90% in eco mode.
I think largely it has been because I have been using cruise control for most drives and a lot less city driving lately. I have been paying attention to maximizing my gas mileage since the price of gas has been a little goofy lately

OP
OP
MeesterHeester
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco cheese is white trim and disco-era graphics. I’m not sure which is worse. Ok, angry eyes are worse, but not by much. :LOL:
I think one thing I can confidently say is there are no plans in the foreseeable future for any form of disco graphics on my bronco :sick:

OP
OP
MeesterHeester
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How’s the wench working? Have you tried it yet?
The winch actually works pretty smoothly, however to be fair I can't say ive ben a situation where it is necessary, only a simulated run of pulling the spool out a good length of feet and reeling the car in with it. It is not too loud, the synthetic cable feels a lot easier to spool it in neatly, and the remote is pretty straightforward. No weird kinks or concerning noises when spooling in. One thing that was disappointing is after paying nearly 4k for the part, you'd expect it to at least come with a weather cover 😒
Sponsored

Last edited: