First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen a lot of talk about the legality of beadlock wheels on here lately. Fell into a google hole on the subject. Found a cool site that talks about the legality of vehicle modifications by state.

If any of you are interested what you can legally do to your Bronco in your state check it out. https://www.liftlaws.com/index.htm
Sponsored

kurkowski41

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco 4BT, 1996 F350 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So both the states that I looked at (NE and KS) say that a secondary, MECHANICAL parking brake is required. Apparently it just can't be hydraulic, so an electronically actuated mechanical brake is fine? Unfortunate. I actually wish they truly required a mechanical one though, I don't think I'll like the button.

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just browsing through there are some interesting ones. Here is Massachusetts laws on lifts. Glad I live in Florida.

Ford Bronco Legal and illegal Bronco modifications Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 8.53.41 AM

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A topic worthy of discussion for sure. Good for folks to understand that there are wheel options with beadlock (capable) wheels which help keep the tire from popping off the bead of the wheel which can happen at times when tires are aired down and the wheels spin when finding grip.

Problem is, beadlocks require more work to remove a tire, so a lot of common tire shops won't touch a beadlocked wheel. If the wheel is alloy, very easy to cause some damage. Well, that's an exaggeration, what I mean is, takes more time and care, so tire shops can think it's a hassle to work with.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve learned to not read laws since everything on my truck is illegal in IL haha Good post though since a lot of people don’t realize things like lifting a vehicle could be illegal in their state.

Sponsored

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hawaii has a 3 inch body lift limit, and the bumper must be within 3 feet of ground, windshields are optional and a single vehicle must be within 14' tall, 45' long, 9' wide.

Also I have been seeing this guy in town alot with the shell of a honda element on top of his lifted f350 and a camper cap. Sits spaced about a foot over his bed rails with the front fenders and hood on his roof.

SuckItMcGee

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB, 2020 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also I have been seeing this guy in town alot with the shell of a honda element on top of his lifted f350 and a camper cap. Sits spaced about a foot over his bed rails with the front fenders and hood on his roof.
Um, I need to see a picture of this.

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've seen a lot of talk about the legality of beadlock wheels on here lately. Fell into a google hole on the subject. Found a cool site that talks about the legality of vehicle modifications by state.

If any of you are interested what you can legally do to your Bronco in your state check it out. https://www.liftlaws.com/index.htm

Why are they picking on the Bronco? Shouldn’t these rules apply to all vehicles? That’s messed up man.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, no one is following those Georgia laws! I regularly see trucks with 6+" lifts. Hell I think you can get 4" lifts at dealers here. lol
Sponsored