Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

May be my favorite so far. Love the part where they follow a super modded truck on 40” SS making all kinds of noise.... then quietly make it up with no fuss. Glad I went with the manual 2.3! Both set ups have their advantages, but 2.3 for me all day. Thanks for posting!
amen to this
Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is so crazy. I have been set on the 2.7 for months and one day before my dealer called to take my order, I see 2.3 manual videos! Getting the 2.3 with manual and saving a lot of money! 4 door BL, no sas, beadlocks with AT’s, soft top only, tow, CG, done!

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The most impressive thing about all these videos is that Ford actually allowed this to happen. Think about the risk of running these vehicles constantly over multiple days and abusing them with customers in them and filming. One breakdown, no matter how minor, would be a huge deal.

That shows some serious confidence in the product.
I would love to hear what work had to be done on these (if any) after several days of these runs.

Edit: Just saw in one of the videos, the driver said that between all of them they had some electronics go out (specifically Trail Turn Assist) but nothing mechanical.

From the sound Trail Turn Assist was making with the sand donuts, I'm not surprised. Overall though, a great sign that these things will hold up.

Last edited:

AmericanFreedom

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is so crazy. I have been set on the 2.7 for months and one day before my dealer called to take my order, I see 2.3 manual videos! Getting the 2.3 with manual and saving a lot of money! 4 door BL, no sas, beadlocks with AT’s, soft top only, tow, CG, done!
solid build

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

7MT is definitely the correct trans for a Bronco. I feel sorry for all the people who don’t know how to drive one and have to settle for an auto.
I would bet most B6G members do know how to drive a stick and many of us actually learned to drive on a manual. Just like me, I am ‘choosing’ the auto and not settling at all. I prefer the auto just like others ‘prefer‘ the manual.

Sarconus

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But;

ThE 4CyL iS wEaK

ThErE iS nO rEpLaCeMeNt fOr (0.4l more) dIsPlaCeMeNt

ThE bRoNcO iS tOo HeAvY fOr a 4CyL

ThE mOtOr Is GoInG tO wOrK tOo HaRd

ItS tOo HaRd tO DrIvE sTiCk In TrAfFiC (I did that shit every day for 3 years in Honolulu and still do it in San Antonio traffic)
Hello San Antonio en! Well Cibolo but close enough :)

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello San Antonio en! Well Cibolo but close enough :)
I actually live in cibolo , work on JBSA. Way more house for the money compared to SA proper

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
7MT is definitely the correct trans for a Bronco. I feel sorry for all the people who don’t know how to drive one and have to settle for an auto.

I would bet most B6G members do know how to drive a stick and many of us actually learned to drive on a manual. Just like me, I am ‘choosing’ the auto and not settling at all. I prefer the auto just like others ‘prefer‘ the manual.
I am hesitant to accept your assertion that over 50% of the members of this forum are proficient with a manual transmission without some documentation. Even if accurate and less than half are pushed into an automatic because they feel they have no choice based on their knowledge and experience, that still means they settled for it as they had no (real or perceived) choice in the matter. For those who have the knowledge and choose the automatic, such as yourself, you had a choice and, for you, did not settle, you chose. Big difference. Accepting something because it is the only viable item is not the same as accepting something when you have choice.

I would opine that without a choice (again, real or perceived), by definition, you are settling.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am hesitant to accept your assertion that over 50% of the members of this forum are proficient with a manual transmission without some documentation. Even if accurate and less than half are pushed into an automatic because they feel they have no choice based on their knowledge and experience, that still means they settled for it as they had no (real or perceived) choice in the matter. For those who have the knowledge and choose the automatic, such as yourself, you had a choice and, for you, did not settle, you chose. Big difference. Accepting something because it is the only viable item is not the same as accepting something when you have choice.

I would opine that without a choice (again, real or perceived), by definition, you are settling.
Let’s see if we can get some documentation. I posted a poll to see how many can drive a manual or not.

Here’s the link, please go take the poll. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/b6g-poll-can-you-drive-a-manual-or-not.12576/#post-458866

Sponsored

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great Video!! I was not prepared for this like i should have been. When I was doing my write up, Wish I brought my gopro. But I am glad these guys did a great job of capturing the video. This is exactly the same experience I had.

jlhill16

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What color is that?

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well I'm convinced, 2.3 isn't enough motor. ;)
Don't forget that it's a small displacement turbocharged motor.

And we all know turbocharged motors have more maintenance. Sure glad they offer a small displacement twin-turbocharged motor to double the repair costs and quadruple the reliability.

JohnMcClane

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands