Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am hesitant to accept your assertion that over 50% of the members of this forum are proficient with a manual transmission without some documentation. Even if accurate and less than half are pushed into an automatic because they feel they have no choice based on their knowledge and experience, that still means they settled for it as they had no (real or perceived) choice in the matter. For those who have the knowledge and choose the automatic, such as yourself, you had a choice and, for you, did not settle, you chose. Big difference. Accepting something because it is the only viable item is not the same as accepting something when you have choice.

I would opine that without a choice (again, real or perceived), by definition, you are settling.
Wow that poll has blown up to over 7 pages in 1 hour so Iā€™m glad you asked for documentation.

Well the results are in and with over 250 respondents so far, 93%+ of B6G members say they can drive a stick. @Rubisquatch for the win!

B Wants A Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X; 2002 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am so in love with my manual Bronco already, and we havenā€™t even met!

-For all those ā€˜little timesā€™ when you just need a bit of 4L.
-It didnā€™t even occur to me the crawler gear wouldnā€™t be synchroā€™d but now that he said it Iā€™m glad to hear it!

Ed Morris

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Starting at around 18:50 in the video, he talks about a "clutch-type locker" that allows the diffs to slip when needed. This is the first I've heard about that. Anyone have any more information on it? Is it part of the "Advanced 4x4" package that's standard with the BL, FE, and Wildtrack?

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

But;

ThE 4CyL iS wEaK

ThErE iS nO rEpLaCeMeNt fOr (0.4l more) dIsPlaCeMeNt

ThE bRoNcO iS tOo HeAvY fOr a 4CyL

ThE mOtOr Is GoInG tO wOrK tOo HaRd

ItS tOo HaRd tO DrIvE sTiCk In TrAfFiC (I did that shit every day for 3 years in Honolulu and still do it in San Antonio traffic)
let the dinosaurs lie, it's ok bro :)

for reference, my wife's Subaru Ascent has a tuned down STI motor in it from the factory. Just a 2.4L flat 4, that makes about 260/280 in a car that weighs well over 4300 lbs. It'll happily hit 95 on freeway onramps.

I'm really looking forward to my 'wimpy 4-banger'

rathman

Wildtrak
First Name
rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Starting at around 18:50 in the video, he talks about a "clutch-type locker" that allows the diffs to slip when needed. This is the first I've heard about that. Anyone have any more information on it? Is it part of the "Advanced 4x4" package that's standard with the BL, FE, and Wildtrack?
I believe its part of the Sasquatchā„¢ Package so all models can get it. The BL comes with HOSS as a standard
17" black-painted aluminum beadlock-capable wheels with 35" LT315/70R17 BSW Mud-Terrain tires, electronic-locking front and rear axles, 4.7 Final Drive Ratio, high-clearance suspension, position-sensitive Bilsteinā„¢ shock absorbers, and high-clearance fender flares

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That caught my attention too. Awesome if true, but I suspect that was inaccurate.

Sponsored

AmericanFreedom

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2.7 is jammed in the engine bay; 2.3 you got more room to work with ā€” from a long term maintenance perspective it's something to also consider

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

let the dinosaurs lie, it's ok bro :)

for reference, my wife's Subaru Ascent has a tuned down STI motor in it from the factory. Just a 2.4L flat 4, that makes about 260/280 in a car that weighs well over 4300 lbs. It'll happily hit 95 on freeway onramps.

I'm really looking forward to my 'wimpy 4-banger'
That 2.4 is a good , I can't wait to see how it feels in the BRZ.

Power to weight on the 4 door is better than the jeep and 4runner.

Also I like to give them shit it's fun to hear get off my grass