Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 99% sure I am going to be switching my reservation to Leonardtown. Like a few others have said I want to give my local dealer a last shot to do something once they get official pricing from Ford, they are 1/2 mile from my house I could walk there to pick up my Bronco when the time comes. Unfortunately as of now they are holding at MSRP and I haven't even addressed any "Dealer Prep Fee" for inconsequential fluff like nitrogen tire fill, scotchguard, VIN etch, paint sealer, blah blah blah. Combined with $500-$600 I would save, and the much lower stress about some kind of shenanigans at delivery time, Leonardtown is looking more and more like the way to go for me even with the 3 hour drive to get there.

I do have one question for you @NayNay. Earlier in this thread you mentioned that you use a third party service to process out of state DMV paperwork, is there an additional fee for this processing or is it included in the $499 doc fee?

(BTW, as stated earlier in this thread, John's roast pork in south philly by Ikea does have the best cheese steaks.)
We use the 3rd party to get the actual pricing. You can also look at it too. I don't have the link but it's national auto beacon. The 499 is our doc fee which is separate from taxes and title fees. We never inflate taxes or tag fees. We process them the same as your state does. We send it to your state to finalize. If we by chance charge you over our title clerk issues a check back to you. We NEVER keep tag, title, tax, money that was taken in error. You also can have your vehicle delivered to u for free and do your paperwork at home. Coming to us would be your choice. It is not required. Many are going to travel to us for the ride back and the Bronco BBQ we will hold for them. Ya know, free food and Bronco chat,
I'm 99% sure I am going to be switching my reservation to Leonardtown. Like a few others have said I want to give my local dealer a last shot to do something once they get official pricing from Ford, they are 1/2 mile from my house I could walk there to pick up my Bronco when the time comes. Unfortunately as of now they are holding at MSRP and I haven't even addressed any "Dealer Prep Fee" for inconsequential fluff like nitrogen tire fill, scotchguard, VIN etch, paint sealer, blah blah blah. Combined with $500-$600 I would save, and the much lower stress about some kind of shenanigans at delivery time, Leonardtown is looking more and more like the way to go for me even with the 3 hour drive to get there.

I do have one question for you @NayNay. Earlier in this thread you mentioned that you use a third party service to process out of state DMV paperwork, is there an additional fee for this processing or is it included in the $499 doc fee?

(BTW, as stated earlier in this thread, John's roast pork in south philly by Ikea does have the best cheese steaks.)
Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@NayNay I will take that deal :) Leonardtown is making more money from us and we are saving more money from Leonardtown. ;)

Maybe just think about it while your on vacation.......ok, I’m kidding. But seriously, think about it. :sneaky:
I only get to advocate for us all, I don't set the prices. My boss does that 1 and Ford.. If I could I would. But then we'd all be driving free vehicles.......

Harv83

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We use the 3rd party to get the actual pricing. You can also look at it too. I don't have the link but it's national auto beacon. The 499 is our doc fee which is separate from taxes and title fees. We never inflate taxes or tag fees. We process them the same as your state does. We send it to your state to finalize. If we by chance charge you over our title clerk issues a check back to you. We NEVER keep tag, title, tax, money that was taken in error. You also can have your vehicle delivered to u for free and do your paperwork at home. Coming to us would be your choice. It is not required. Many are going to travel to us for the ride back and the Bronco BBQ we will hold for them. Ya know, free food and Bronco chat,
Thanks for responding so quickly, another check in the "Why I should switch to Leonardtown" column.

So it is: NJ state sales tax + NJ title fee + NJ tag/registration fee + $499 doc fee. I was already figuring on that, just wasn't sure if there was an extra expense (FedEx, online process fee, etc.) since it's not being processed locally at a Maryland DMV office.

Of course when I switch I'm definitely coming there to pick up my Bronco, just have to figure out how to fit the top and doors in our Acadia so I can really enjoy the ride home.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for responding so quickly, another check in the "Why I should switch to Leonardtown" column.

So it is: NJ state sales tax + NJ title fee + NJ tag/registration fee + $499 doc fee. I was already figuring on that, just wasn't sure if there was an extra expense (FedEx, online process fee, etc.) since it's not being processed locally at a Maryland DMV office.

Of course when I switch I'm definitely coming there to pick up my Bronco, just have to figure out how to fit the top and doors in our Acadia so I can really enjoy the ride home.
I maybe wrong but don't the top and doors fit in the back of the Bronco?

Harv83

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I maybe wrong but don't the top and doors fit in the back of the Bronco?
Currently I'm going 2 door, subject to change of course, so doors don't fit in the back, I guess the roof panels do though.

Sponsored

splatrd

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Chevy Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@NayNay, you mention that we can opt to have vehicle delivered to us and do paperwork at home. Is there a maximum radius from your dealership for this service? Are there any other details about home delivery you can share? I am not quite sure how all the money transfer and paperwork could be done remotely. I have negotiated out of state purchases thru email, phone calls, and sending signed paper work back and forth. However, I still had to pick up and finalize in person.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@NayNay, you mention that we can opt to have vehicle delivered to us and do paperwork at home. Is there a maximum radius from your dealership for this service? Are there any other details about home delivery you can share? I am not quite sure how all the money transfer and paperwork could be done remotely. I have negotiated out of state purchases thru email, phone calls, and sending signed paper work back and forth. However, I still had to pick up and finalize in person.
Most of the banks we use allow electronic signatures. If for some reason they don't then when the vehicle is brought to you we can bring any paperwork with it. If it's a zero contact transaction then paperwork can be dropped with an overnight return envelope. But about 85% of my off-site delivery services are done 100% remotely. We can go over payments on the phone. As far as how far we will go that depends on location. Regularly we go 7 hours with no issues or charges. We have licensed and insured driver's that only do deliveries for our company and at times our sales staff enjoys going. If it's a full cash deal we can do paperwork remotely and transfer funds. Not many dealerships try this but being small I made a point to take the courses on it and understand it for our customers.

Murph56789

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos/F350s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been on the fence as I’ve still been trying to get an answer out of my local dealer. But after stopping in again it’s clear the place is currently in a downward spiral. I want to call and switch to your dealership next week. Anyone know the number to call? I saw it before but can’t find it now between all the threads and info. And what info do I need about this dealership to tell Ford I’m switching? Glad to stay in MD at least, might be one of the few people trailering the new bronco home myself.

OP
OP
Greg Helmick

Greg Helmick

Big Bend
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve been on the fence as I’ve still been trying to get an answer out of my local dealer. But after stopping in again it’s clear the place is currently in a downward spiral. I want to call and switch to your dealership next week. Anyone know the number to call? I saw it before but can’t find it now between all the threads and info. And what info do I need about this dealership to tell Ford I’m switching? Glad to stay in MD at least, might be one of the few people trailering the new bronco home myself.
800-392-3673. Just tell them Leonardtown Ford in Leonardtown, MD. Very quick and very simple.

Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi everyone. Please keep in mind I'm on vacation all next week. Feel free to still contact me here or thru email but remember I may not be as responsive since I'll be away and not sure if I'll have a signal or how often I'll get to log on.

LalasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco (past), 74 Super Beetle, Ram, 70 MG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi everyone. Please keep in mind I'm on vacation all next week. Feel free to still contact me here or thru email but remember I may not be as responsive since I'll be away and not sure if I'll have a signal or how often I'll get to log on.
Please go relax and have fun! You deserve it!

OP
OP
Greg Helmick

Greg Helmick

Big Bend
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So if the window for ordering does open December 7, exactly two weeks from today, who is ready to order and who is on the fence hoping for some updates in B&P or something else? Who has provided their build to @NayNay?
I don't know exactly how ordering will go, heard some rumors of buyers submitting the order through their Ford account and have also heard that the orders will go through the dealership. Have also heard that although the window opens, Ford or the dealership will reach out to us when it is time for each person to submit their order. Not sure about that since Ford needs to know how many reservations are actually converting to orders.

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So if the window for ordering does open December 7, exactly two weeks from today, who is ready to order and who is on the fence hoping for some updates in B&P or something else? Who has provided their build to @NayNay?
I don't know exactly how ordering will go, heard some rumors of buyers submitting the order through their Ford account and have also heard that the orders will go through the dealership. Have also heard that although the window opens, Ford or the dealership will reach out to us when it is time for each person to submit their order. Not sure about that since Ford needs to know how many reservations are actually converting to orders.
Well, I was ready and then I had to entertain another possibility that leaves me trying to extricate myself from a rabbit hole. Please no update to B&P; I have already spent my budget and don't have the energy for additional scenarios. My goal is to finalize this thing tonight with a "phone a friend" intervention. Not that you were looking for all of that but thanks for asking.
Sponsored