Sponsored

Let’s have the discussion... what’s the point of the warthog?

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It all depends on price. If it starts at $55k with the 3.0, standard package, 37" tires, and upgraded suspension I can see a lot of people wanting it. I would.

If it starts at $65-$70k for that then hell no.
The question in my mind is where the WildTrak sits after the Warthog arrives...those two would seriously cannibalize sales of eachother unless the Warthog is worth an extra $10k.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The question in my mind is where the WildTrak sits after the Warthog arrives...those two would seriously cannibalize sales of eachother unless the Warthog is worth an extra $10k.
I agree. WildTrak is essentially a value priced outer banks with Sasquatch, a few options, and sport mode.

I think you could build an outer banks or maybe even big bend into a wildtrak other than the sport mode. The WildTrak does save some money though.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

not trolling and i dont appreciate it.

I want to know why somebody would spend 70k+ on a car that is less capable than a raptor. and only SLIGHTLY more capable than a bronco.
Why would they spend the money? Because they can buy what they want. Granted it's no CRV but your speculation on the capabilities and performance are comical.

Sponsored

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

both our cars will sound gay next to a raptor. It could have 1000hp it doesnt change the fact that you have a product called "warthog" with a tiny golfcart engine.
You do understand that all of Ford's V-6s sound like crap, right? There is no disputing the efficiency and upgrade potential of a TT V6, and the 3.0L despite being smaller is more advanced than the 3.5 and will likely take well to aftermarket tuning. I'd love to see a V8 installed in the Warthog, but don't think it will happen. Lastly, I'm at 7500' elevation - normally aspirated engines are at a severe disadvantage here.

QuitPlayinWithYourDingy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Rav4 V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hate-read this whole thing and boy does it suck.

Thread subject asked for a discussion but instead we get baseless counter arguments to each and every answer.

Excellent work.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the easiest thing, and probably most sensical thing will be to wait and see. For me, i want something more off road centric, i'm not looking to send it, and I have a fast car already, so a Badsquatch with the 2.7t will be perfect for me.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There will be VAST differences between the Wildtrak and the Warthog.

For example do you think the F150 with the FX4 package is comparable to the Raptor?

Last edited:

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its a niche vehicle like the gt350r.
There are a couple of people who might actually go baja racing with it but for the other 99% of the buyers they just want faster 0-60 times I guess.
Peak HP is meaningless for rock crawling, its all about torque...and at low revs.
Most buyers of those vehicles really dont off-road much anyway, idk.
Hey now. Be nice...… I stepped way down in power to go from a GT500 to a GT350R. Also, the GT500 tried to murder me each time I drove it. The 550 chassis is just so much more advanced.

Sponsored

tomdaniel

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thread subject asked for a discussion but instead we get baseless counter arguments to each and every answer.

Excellent work.
To be fair, the subject line was immediately ruined by the opening post.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
that's the point as there is nothing to discuss. We don't know 100% the final Warthog product so to say what's the point is purely a subjective debate.

The warthog to me is like BMW's M cars which is based on their base cars. More HP, wide fenders and better suspension. This is whole reason why Ford Performance exist.

Let's wait for the final product and I BET it will blow everyone away.

Excellent work.

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There will be VAST differences between the Wildtrak and the Warthog.

For example do you think the F150 with FX4 package is comparable to the Raptor?
My point exactly. There will have to be, or Ford won't be able to offer the two vehicles at the same time.

Edit: I Think going to the B&P for the Raptor is quite helpful, here. Loaded, it's about $70k, base it's in the high 50s. I bet the warthog looks to occupy similar space price-wise with ~$10k in wiggle room based on options.

The comparison to M cars is spot on. It's a different line of vehicles that puts performance before other options/ features.

Last edited:

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

the car is literally driving around right now. If it had a badass engine people would be able to audibly hear it.
Can you hear the difference between a 2.7L V6 TT, a 3.0L V6 TT and a 3.5L V6 TT? If so, I’m impressed! Can you hear the price point too?

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Simple for the American driver - bigger is better.
Sponsored