Sponsored

Let’s have the discussion... what’s the point of the warthog?

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lot of car purchases, including some of mine, throw logic out the door. We buy a vehicle because it ticks the boxes and we want it. So no need to try and justify stuff. I am buying a Bronco because after retirement I bought a Subaru for all my outdoor activities, but it turned out to not be quite enough. The Bronco seems perfect. I will spec it out nice but always view it as a utility vehicle. If someone wants to spend more money for a Warthog then go for it. I spent a lot of money for a new 911 and don't drive it that much but when I do it's totally worth it. Life is short. Practicality is way overrated:)
Sponsored

bronK1TT

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium w/ Performance Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It'll be interesting to see how the Bronco Warthog market's itself. I know plenty of people that are waiting specifically for a hybrid Bronco, so even if the "NA Engine go brrr" crowd cries there will be plenty of others to take their place in line.

KokaneeRanger

Black Diamond
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 SportTrac, 85 Mustang GT, 12 Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Skip to the end of this thread Ford is the greatest common factor of all time GM and FCA have no chance they play catch-up whatever Ford does I believe

Bucky

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You must have already driven a loaded Badlands and the Warthog both extensively to have come to this conclusion. Please share your in-depth review of how both drive. We'd love to know. ?
And drives a CRV ........

Bucky

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No i have no need for any vehicle like that. Im just wondering fords strategy with it.

I could see ford offering the 3.0 to the main bronco in 2022+. But having an entirely different line of broncos powered by a teeny tiny upgrade over the 2.7? seems meaningless

Something like a 3.5 or fords modular 5.4 v8 3 valve
Here is Fords strategy with the Warthog, to make money. Whatever the Warthog is powered by is not that big a deal. They will be decked out with better suspension, bigger tires and wider fenders. Im sure it will cost around 65k and people will buy them just like some people spend that extra money on a Raptor . Look how popular the Raptor is , don't you think the Bronco version of that (warthog) will be just as popular .

Sponsored

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The point is, its cool. I will buy one and have no need for one but I want one

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it comes in a 2 door it will be in my garage next to my Raptor. I am getting a Badlands and will trade up, values will hold on the BL for at least long enough to trade.

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the raptor has balls though thats what everyone is missing here. The raptor didnt launch with an ecoboost golf cart engine that goes in luxury suv's it launched with a 5.4 liter v8 and it was phased out for a 6.2 liter v8!

the raptor sold because it had testosterone. it was a hardcore mustang for truck people

Yeah and the original raptor was slow as shit, friends V6 camry ate it for breakfast, he turned around and sold it that same week. All growl and no bite. Power output and actual speed is what gives a vehicle balls. Why do you think they don't use those engines anymore?

Now if Ford wants to make a forced induction V8 from factory, that's a different story.

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When the original Raptor came out it was not hiway legal. A ford salesman asked an engineer to build one that had 1/2 the suspension travel, 1/2 the horsepower and was 1/2 the cost. Original was $99k. They did that and created the Gen1 Raptor with a small V8 and later upgraded it to the 6.2L. The new 3.5L puts out even more power from a smaller package. The Gen2 has upgraded suspension but still not the travel the race version had.

The Warthog will pull people into a Ford store, and when they can't afford it they will go home with a badlands or maybe a base if they were really dreaming.

Sponsored

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

How do we know it is less capable than the Raptor? How many Raptor do you see running around downtowns pulling up to law offices, hospitals, firms, etc etc..??? No one knows about the Warthog or what it is going to be. I can't imagine Ford making it less capable than the Raptor
Honestly, I see a ton of Raptors all over down town where I work.

DaveM95

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
People buy over priced factory lifted jeeps at the dealership near me for 55-60k and all they are is some cheap brand bumpers and lights with a dog shit brand lift kit and the same old boring and weak v6 pentastar engine , if they’re selling I’m sure the warthog will lol

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
not trolling and i dont appreciate it.

I want to know why somebody would spend 70k+ on a car that is less capable than a raptor. and only SLIGHTLY more capable than a bronco.
Why would they? ....because they can. Ego, status, etc.

Why does somebody spend an extra 30k to get a 911 Turbo S vs just... a 911 turbo.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

To sell vehicles and make money.
Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Ford is looking for the next 'Raptor' market.

Who wants to spend 75k on a pickup? Well Ford knows they will sell 25k a year...most at MSRP AND the real bonus for them is the no cost marketing off of that model of F150.
Sponsored