Sponsored

Let’s have the discussion... what’s the point of the warthog?

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The hybrid version of the 3.0L is just shy of 500hp and 600 lb/ft of torque. That's doing serious work son. And being based on the same block as the 2.7L it would be a lot less engineering work than trying to fit in the 3.5L or Coyote.
Sponsored

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When Ford announced the Raptor everyone thought it would flop. And 10 years later, it finally has competition via the TRX.
the raptor has balls though thats what everyone is missing here. The raptor didnt launch with an ecoboost golf cart engine that goes in luxury suv's it launched with a 5.4 liter v8 and it was phased out for a 6.2 liter v8!

the raptor sold because it had testosterone. it was a hardcore mustang for truck people

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No doubt there are a lot stupid threads on this forum.

The OP prob knows he can't afford the Warthhog so he is just trashing it before even giving it a chance.
its not about affording it. Anybody can afford anything with a payment plan and a good job.

The issue here is what is the point of the warhog if it has a boring luxury SUV engine

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
And now the GEN2 has a twin turbo V6 and sales has double since the GEN1. BTW .. the GEN2 has more HP and Torque when compared to the GEN1's V8.

And the 3.5 has better gas mileage

What exactly is your point?

the raptor has balls though thats what everyone is missing here. The raptor didnt launch with an ecoboost golf cart engine that goes in luxury suv's it launched with a 5.4 liter v8 and it was phased out for a 6.2 liter v8!

the raptor sold because it had testosterone. it was a hardcore mustang for truck people

Last edited:
OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The hybrid version of the 3.0L is just shy of 500hp and 600 lb/ft of torque. That's doing serious work son. And being based on the same block as the 2.7L it would be a lot less engineering work than trying to fit in the 3.5L or Coyote.
why would anybody buy a product called "warthog" if its a hybrid?

Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what the point of the warthog is when its barely an upgrade from the unreleased bronco
you dont know that. None of us do. And there isnt any pricing data yet either. You are jumping the gun based off of lmages of the test mules. Its like when people complained the broncos were horribly ugly when those ranger cab test mules were running around. Its too early, wait for more information

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And now the GEN2 has a twin turbo V6 and sales has double since the GEN2. BTW .. the GEN2 has more HP and Torque when compared to the GEN1's V8.

What exactly is your point?
my point is they are not putting put put engines in the car and thats why they are so wildly popular

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am in VA and I see you are in MD .. when I get my Warthog, I will come over and we can compare the bronco to the warthog.

:)

its not about affording it. Anybody can afford anything with a payment plan and a good job.

The issue here is what is the point of the warhog if it has a boring luxury SUV engine

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you dont know that. None of us do. And there isnt any pricing data yet either. You are jumping the gun based off of lmages of the test mules. Its like when people complained the broncos were horribly ugly when those ranger cab test mules were running around. Its too early, wait for more information
Of course we know the pricing data. Its going to be more than the current bronco.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in VA and I see you are in MD .. when I get my Warthog, I will come over and we can compare the bronco to the warthog.

:)
both our cars will sound gay next to a raptor. It could have 1000hp it doesnt change the fact that you have a product called "warthog" with a tiny golfcart engine.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

why would anybody buy a product called "warthog" if its a hybrid?
Because there's nothing wrong with mild hybrids? It's 2020, not 1970. The V8 is going the way of the dodo bird. It's time to accept it. They're going to have a helluva time keeping one in the Mustang and F-150 for much longer. FCA is throwing 392s in everything because they are a few years from being unsalable due to emissions requirements. It's the only trick Mopar has in their inventory and they're screwed once that day comes.

ahobie17

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Toyota 4x4, 79 Chevrolet C10, 07 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
does anyone find the name Warthog stupid???? My goodness the truck is a BRONCO a name of a type of horse...and the upgraded name is after a PIG???? This is just dumb..plain dumb..

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course we know the pricing data. Its going to be more than the current bronco.
so is extra cheese on a pizza.
the warthog is going to be better, how much? - we dont know; and its going to cost more, how much? - we dont know.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
does anyone find the name Warthog stupid???? My goodness the truck is a BRONCO a name of a type of horse...and the upgraded name is after a PIG???? This is just dumb..plain dumb..
this is getting to the heart of this thread.

the bronco as a product makes sense. Its got 2 engine options , one of them very powerful.

but what is the point of the warthog?

its got a rugged disgusting "fuck you" name to it and you put a luxury suv engine in it that is barely more throaty than the 2.7? why? why not call it the "bronco plus"

why have all this extra suspension and big wheels if there really isnt an upgrade? a 2.7 tune can do what the aviator engine does and more.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

im not a hater. You are flying off the hinges for no real reason.

Im just asking why i should be spending 70+k on a car with extreme suspension and a joke engine
You know nothing of the engine, suspension, styling or price point, yet you have written it off. Good job!
Sponsored