Sponsored

Let’s have the discussion... what’s the point of the warthog?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
you know that you don't have to buy it right?

does anyone find the name Warthog stupid???? My goodness the truck is a BRONCO a name of a type of horse...and the upgraded name is after a PIG???? This is just dumb..plain dumb..
Sponsored

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know nothing of the engine, suspension, styling or price point, yet you have written it off. Good job!
the car is literally driving around right now. If it had a badass engine people would be able to audibly hear it.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the point of this thread is "what is the point of the warthog"

he is expressing the same feelings i am. Whats the point of this product when its barely a step over the stock bronco? why not just add another trim

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Without a major engine upgrade. You have normal Broncos maxing out at around 50k , 60k with tons of options.

what are we getting with the warthog if it’s upgrade is just the aviator engine? A few millimeters of displacement and a big boost of HP? Some suspension?

I think if they are going to make a product that sells outside of the 60k range they need to go big or go home.

either a large loud v6 or a V8 for people who really want their truck to be insane. Otherwise the other broncos are fine.

You need a car that is a violent pig. and a nice quiet ecoboob isnt going to work.
in theory you're talking about a massively upgraded suspension, HP and torque. For those of us that plan on using our Broncos ( the way we currently us our jeeps, as high speed desert runners) it gives us a factory vehicle that we don't need to make massive after market mods to.

I'd Rather spend $80 from the factory then spend $60 for a new bronco and then have to spend another $35 to $50 in aftermarket upgrades to get it to where it needs to be for my purposes.

Some of us actually plan on using our Broncos for hard core off roading and not just for trips to the mall.

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Without a major engine upgrade. You have normal Broncos maxing out at around 50k , 60k with tons of options.

what are we getting with the warthog if it’s upgrade is just the aviator engine? A few millimeters of displacement and a big boost of HP? Some suspension?

I think if they are going to make a product that sells outside of the 60k range they need to go big or go home.

either a large loud v6 or a V8 for people who really want their truck to be insane. Otherwise the other broncos are fine.

You need a car that is a violent pig. and a nice quiet ecoboob isnt going to work.

I mean its not for me, but there are plenty of dudes who always want the bigger more aggressive look.

My goal is to get something that looks purpose built with some comforts. I def like the SQTCH look with the 37's, I just dont know for sure if I will go that route or the 35's. I do know that I want the entire wheel and tire to look black, I dont want any other color or design to show, just a huge black wheel.

SS-

Sponsored
OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
in theory you're talking about a massively upgraded suspension, HP and torque. For those of us that plan on using our Broncos ( the way we currently us our jeeps, as high speed desert runners) it gives us a factory vehicle that we don't need to make massive after market mods to.

I'd Rather spend $80 from the factory then spend $60 for a new bronco and then have to spend another $35 to $50 in aftermarket upgrades to get it to where it needs to be for my purposes.

Some of us actually plan on using our Broncos for hard core off roading and not just for trips to the mall.
desert trucks dont run on ecoboob hybrids they run on badass high displacement V6's

Im in agreement with you. I think people WILL pay a big premium if the product is there.

But i dont see the selling point of this product if it has an insane suspension with a barely competent engine with explosive batteries on board.

Just stuff a 3.5 v6 in the car

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the Raptor was built to take on the Baja and high speed desert runs I think the Warthog is being built for a King of Hammers style platform. A mix of high speed+ crawling

Badlands + Wildtrak

If they produce a rig that can actually handle 37" tires - 35 spline axle shafts, beefy suspension and lots of travel (14+") it will be huge for people who want KOH styled rigs.

I've been wanting a street legal KOH (ish) car since the first year they started the races :)

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

desert trucks dont run on ecoboob hybrids they run on badass high displacement V6's

Im in agreement with you. I think people WILL pay a big premium if the product is there.

But i dont see the selling point of this product if it has an insane suspension with a barely competent engine with explosive batteries on board.

Just stuff a 3.5 v6 in the car
So...let me get this straight. A 3.5L Ecoboost is acceptable but a 3.0L Ecoboost is not? Even though the 2.7/3.0L is a more modern design built from the ground up with features inspired by diesel blocks to handle massive boost reliably while the 3.5L was based on an N/A motor that they happened to throw turbos at later on? It wouldn't surprise me if Ford phased out the 3.5L for some version of the 2.7L/3.0L in the near future. I'm sorry, your idea of big badass displacement is king has become ancient. The future is smaller motors with a lot of boost more than making up for the lost displacement. That's until hybrids and eventually electric completely take over.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@beachman101 I don't get it either... yet.

At this point, I think it will be a hybrid 3.0 TT EcoBoost making 494 HP and 630 TQ which is significant. It seems like an upgraded Wildtrak which is something I, personally, don't want, but I would understand it.

To be honest, I don't get the point of a Wildtrak vice a Squatch'ed OBX and software GOAT modes. It doesn't even fit the naming convention and is almost a "me too" copycat of things like the Trackhawk...vomit.

Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Things that bring satisfaction don't necessarily need a "point." There is no point in super cars for the street. There is no point in super bikes. No point in Rolex diving watches. No point in McMansions. Most of this stuff is not used as intended by 99.9% of buyers.

I have absolutely zero need for a Warthog, but it is just speaking to me as the truck I want visually and power wise. I can admit I am a mall crawler but driving on Chicago streets in winter is kind of like offroading with all the pot holes.

I've always compromised on power with my other cars and always regretted the decision.... not getting the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT.... or the v10 toureag.

IDGAF, I am going to go all out on this one as it will probably be the last truck I own.

Sponsored

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dick measuring.....
I'll be over here outwheeling these things in my $800 Cherokee....

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Its a niche vehicle like the gt350r.
There are a couple of people who might actually go baja racing with it but for the other 99% of the buyers they just want faster 0-60 times I guess.
Peak HP is meaningless for rock crawling, its all about torque...and at low revs.
Most buyers of those vehicles really dont off-road much anyway, idk.

ahobie17

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Toyota 4x4, 79 Chevrolet C10, 07 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
that has nothing do with the choice of names...attach both names to a model???? ...silly to have both names....but come to think of it Ford has a history of adding additional animal names to horses...LIke Mustang Cobra (horse snake) and Bronco Warthog (horse pig)....Ford make up your mind is it named after a horse name or something else..why both....call it a Minitaur which would be a cross between a bull and man...LOL
Sponsored

Last edited: