Sponsored

Let’s make a list, how to not be THAT guy/gal (and a new acronym: TINTTFU)

ipongtreat

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is probably not gonna work but sometimes you have to try.

In the context of this post, “that” guy or gal is the person that hijacks or detracts from a thread in some way. Gets pedantic, just wants to troll the OP, won’t stay on topic, won’t simply agree to disagree, etc.

It matters (somewhat) because these threads can get long and having fewer posts to read improves the likelihood that you will find the information you are looking for.

I would also like to submit the following acronym for consideration when replying to the person that has hijacked or detracted from the original purpose of the thread:

TINTTFU: This Is Not The Thread For You
Sponsored

Reactions: McG

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
"Alexa, what does Pedantic mean?"

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The "don't be that guy" rule we really need is the "don't start another new thread about your specific complaint that's already been talked about in a dozen other places" rule.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The "don't be that guy" rule we really need is the "don't start another new thread about your specific complaint that's already been talked about in a dozen other places" rule.
Exactly, so let's repeat, Bronco6g has always had a thread drift problem.

No, it will not go away, between slow leaks and no news to discuss between now and when the Bronco reaches the first customers hands, not going to happen.

Now how about another thread drift (NHAATD):
Will the tailgate accessory hold my kayak with the swing gate open?

Sponsored

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does it really matter, if the moderator doesn’t remove your comments or threads, then it’s okay. Ur making it complicated, and being that guy lol

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it depends on the area...in a tech related post outside of some sarcastic comments in good tast that are not attacking posters...a lot of my posts tend to be like this....lol. I view most of forum activities as a conversation and conversations go down rabbit holes.

Let's be real as well in that for actual Bronco tech there simply is not a lot as not one production has been made. There is a lot of complaining and back and forth on topics pie in the sky style so there are few tech specific details to converse about.

Hardcore5.0 for example was a VERY tech heavy site for mustangs and put up with little bs in tech sections and it was nice. Also [banned site] was nice in that repeated topic posts went bye bye as it was on a freaking banner to search first.

Right now though IMHO this whole site is an dealing with a prenatal product so it will be a bit of the wild west. Lastly a large chunk of posts are in the general section that is not a given focus so you will have more derails.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My pet peeve I think is more on creating a thread in the wrong sub category. Like this one probably should be in the "Site Announcements, Feedback, Questions" section or Off-topic section as it has nothing to do with General Bronco Topics. So really this thread should would classify as a TINTSFY: This Is Not The Section For You

edit* In all seriousness though I do think the topics in the Bronco sections should stay on point though its hard with the bronco not being out yet

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You’re describing at least 40% of users on this site lol. This problem won’t go away until the majority of people posting here actually own a 6g.