Sponsored

Let’s see your favorite picture of your Bronco!

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So how does the kayak hold on the roof ? Are those roof racks the one that Ford added or aftermarket ? Do you have j racks on you just literally put the kayak on the roof racks with some ratchet straps ?

Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you have a kayak ? Do you only tie it to the roof racks that Ford added or is there something else I can't see ?
Just the canoe. And it’s the factory roof rack. I did move the cross bar to the forward spot. And strapped her down

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just the canoe. And it’s the factory roof rack. I did move the cross bar to the forward spot. And strapped her down
How does she handle with the canoe ? Any swerves or something . I have a kayak . My bronco that should arrive around July 9th comes with the factory roof rack. So if I just mount the kayak on the roof rack and strap it down with ratchet straps I should be good right ?

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ll start it off!

Ford Bronco Let’s see your favorite picture of your Bronco! 20220612_093410
This is how I see it most the time, parked at the airport.... It still badass!!!

Team 2 Door = Good times....

Soon.... lol

20220517_173244.jpg

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How does she handle with the canoe ? Any swerves or something . I have a kayak . My bronco that should arrive around July 9th comes with the factory roof rack. So if I just mount the kayak on the roof rack and strap it down with ratchet straps I should be good right ?
Yes! It took me a couple of tries to get the strap placement right, but it doesn’t budge. I haven’t been above 65 mph yet, but I did go down a pretty bumpy dirt road and it was fine.
I have it strapped across at each cross bar, hood tie down and the fourth strap is on the canoe’s center crossbar and the rear roof cross bar.

Sponsored

brian626

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche Boxster S, 2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
353A679C-9376-4EAE-8B23-00A7BFAC3240.jpeg
7D98D5DD-868F-4F6D-B78D-B5731670CEDD.jpeg

Couldn’t decide which one I liked better. Flagstaff and Glen Canyon AZ

ARETE

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how does the kayak hold on the roof ? Are those roof racks the one that Ford added or aftermarket ? Do you have j racks on you just literally put the kayak on the roof racks with some ratchet straps ?
It's the Factory Rack from Ford, and just used Ratchet & Lash straps. I just picked up soft loop to fasten around the rack to use as anchor points for the Ratchet Straps. And the kayak is just flat on the rack.