jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you thought about sizing the wheel down? I'm actually considering these Krawlers by BFGoodrich that are rated C.
Nope. Puts me in sas territory $ wise at that point. So in between sas or E load on stock wheels, non sas. Honestly, the sas with C load 34.4s may ride better than a non sas with E load 33.2s. Plus sas is a factory setup. Just need to test drive a raptor this weekend to finalize my take on ride height/ tires that big.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, I've never given much thought to any of this stuff...

I decided to go out and take a picture of my 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (4-door).

Is this what we're getting all worked up about? That the Bronco seems (from our calculations/assumptions) to be exactly on par with the Jeep alternative and for that we think the Bronco is falling far short of what the Jeep can do?

Ford Bronco Let’s solve the GVWR and payload issue once and for all IMG_1463

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
^^ I agree. Most trims should give you a healthy payload of 800-900+ (w/o factoring in accessories). HOWEVER, the 2.7 / 2.7 sas / 2.3s sas variants of the BL and BD, and the First Edition, actually will have some payload concerns. Or 2.7 sasquatch with added steel bits (like a Wildtrak or OBX with rock rails and a steel front bumper/bash plate). Basically, the builds in excess up 5,100 lbs upwards of 5,300....

Everyone else seems to have a manageable payload for the 4 door.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone make out this GVWR number??

Upper right corner, upper sticker. Tried on my iPhone to make adjustments but may need better software.

I looks like either 5720 or 5730. This is for a 4 door BL 2 dr Sasquatch. It’s odd. The curb weight should be almost 5100 by Ford. Yet payload is 816, implying a GVWR of 59xx.But the GVWR looks like 57xx
Ford Bronco Let’s solve the GVWR and payload issue once and for all IMG_1463

That sticker reads 370kg or 816lbs. I blew it up on my PC to view it.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. Puts me in sas territory $ wise at that point. So in between sas or E load on stock wheels, non sas. Honestly, the sas with C load 34.4s may ride better than a non sas with E load 33.2s. Plus sas is a factory setup. Just need to test drive a raptor this weekend to finalize my take on ride height/ tires that big.
That's exactly what I'm doing this coming Friday.

There's two Raptors near my house for sale, one of them is on the factory 34.4s [it's new at a dealership] and another that's supposedly sitting on 37 inch mud terrains [it's used at another dealership] with a 4 inch lift on it. Seems a little wonky, but I feel like I can get a good idea on ride heights there.

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question, then um, what was this thing weighing in at ;)

DSC01955-scaled.jpg

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Honestly, I've never given much thought to any of this stuff...

I decided to go out and take a picture of my 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (4-door).

Is this what we're getting all worked up about? That the Bronco seems (from our calculations/assumptions) to be exactly on par with the Jeep alternative and for that we think the Bronco is falling far short of what the Jeep can do?

Ford Bronco Let’s solve the GVWR and payload issue once and for all DSC01955-scaled
Nicely done. You have taken the first step. The second step is more difficult. It requires the realization that an understanding of this topic is important to you. Most forum members will not take that step. (I will admit a discussion on jerry can color is more entertaining.)

Years ago, I routinely took long kayak camping expeditions where total gear weight, and gear distribution were important. As I progressed to RV camping, I picked up two more concepts. Tongue weight and end-of-axle weight. I will admit most participants in those activities do not understand nor care about those issues. Perhaps that is primarily because they never push their mode of transportation to its’ limits. If they had, they would have quickly seen how the vehicles can work against them.

Ford has designed a superb vehicle and I suspect some potential owners will understand this concept since it really is not complicated. Besides, everything you need to know is embedded in this thread.
Sponsored