Let’s talk about interior Design and dash board set up

Broncofan2020

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt 865rwhp
In my opinion I would love to see ford make the Broncos dash and Interior look pretty close to this. Especially the display screen for center controls. I dig what dodge has done with there trucks and would love to see it the ford bronco. It would be nice for those who don’t dig this if they made a low minimal tech small center screen. Sorry if this has already been a thread.
Ford Bronco Let’s talk about interior Design and dash board set up A4E8CEAD-EF29-45CF-841E-837182DFB873
Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There was this thread about interior stuff, but it wasn't about the dashboard specifically:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-interior-plastics-synthetics-and-leather.915/

Personally I really dislike portrait oriented screens, I hope to see a landscape screen at least as an option. Even more than that I dislike when the screens stick up above the dashboard like the one in the new Escape and Explorer.

If the interior you posted had a landscape screen and space for a manual transmission shifter, I could deal with that. I'd also like the wheel from the Explorer ST or Raptor, something a little sportier.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In my opinion I would love to see ford make the Broncos dash and Interior look pretty close to this. Especially the display screen for center controls. I dig what dodge has done with there trucks and would love to see it the ford bronco. It would be nice for those who don’t dig this if they made a low minimal tech small center screen. Sorry if this has already been a thread.
Ford Bronco Let’s talk about interior Design and dash board set up A4E8CEAD-EF29-45CF-841E-837182DFB873
:)Welcome to bronco6g !! I prefer to have the shifter on the console, easier to control in an off-road situation. I'm not all into that cool tech stuff. It does come in handy but if I have to chose either big screen or SFA to fit my budget then I won't have the big screen.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford really had some tough design choices to make. Personally, I'm not high on a retro-inspired exterior paired with something that looks like it came out of the space shuttle.

OP
OP

Broncofan2020

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt 865rwhp
I agree with the sportier wheel option. And for me personally I love the idea of the iconic design with best best of interior options for the 4 door I want the retro look with the latest tech inside to get the best of both worlds and I really hope that is an option that will be delivered. Maybe for the 2 door they could keep a simple low tech look for the interior since it would be a dedicated 4x4. For those who prefer that.

Sponsored

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally i'd like something closer to the new gt500 interior, but more straight up and down (like the fj/wrangler) and with a bigger center screen in landscape. and all digital gauge display i like the gt500 toggle switches, push button start, and climate controls.

I also like the steering wheel (though ford steering wheels are always really busy with all the buttons) and id love the shifter to be on the column instead of center but very much doubt it will happen.
helby-gt500-central-console-carbuzz-532224-840x560.jpg

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

OP
OP

Broncofan2020

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt 865rwhp
Toggles and vertical dash yes yes amen brother I’m not sure if I’d like a portrait or landscape center screen. I’d have to see a good example of a flush mount Large landscape screen that didn’t stick up to be convinced.

OP
OP

Broncofan2020

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt 865rwhp
I would also prefer as little plastic as possible on the dash bits. I hate the 2019 Ford F-150 interiors simple due to how plasticky and cheap they went with them.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If it does NOT have a "tacked on tablet" style infotainment screen, then that will be a major factor in getting a Bronco over a MachE (yes, that's right, I'm cross shopping a Bronco and a MachE).

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd prefer a landscape infotainment screen, as its more likely to afford room for some physical controls, upfitter switches etc.

It will be interesting to see if Ford goes the same route as Wrangler with controls for the doors/windows.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also want a nice thick door sill so i can rest my arm up there, and i always love when each seat has its own fold down arm rest over the center console like i had on my full size bronco
Using the space between seats in the Ranger as a reference, that seems unlikely. A midsize doesn't really have that third seat position to divvy up for arm rests and giant consoles.

I'm with you on the door though, that's one reason I was happy to see the relatively low belt line. It might still be comfortable to rest your arm there with the window up or down.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I also want a nice thick door sill so i can rest my arm up there,

I know what you mean there, my 08 F-150 is exactly like that, window up or down it is perfect. For me anyway.

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

On the previous thread it ended with the mashup between a ranger and FJ interiors. Also, personally I think it would be cool if they could incorporate the 78 interior somehow.

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Using the space between seats in the Ranger as a reference, that seems unlikely. A midsize doesn't really have that third seat position to divvy up for arm rests and giant consoles.

I'm with you on the door though, that's one reason I was happy to see the relatively low belt line. It might still be comfortable to rest your arm there with the window up or down.
Land Rover was able to pull off a middle front seat, idk how large/comfy that is but it’s there
Sponsored