BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
When viewing the tarped image from Ford, it seems the fenders stick out pretty far. Do you think we will have factory plastic flares that protect the paint and take abuse like the upper end trucks and the wranglers etc have?
Or do you think what we are looking at is vulnerable painted formed metal that will get scratched the first time we take it out?

see pic of tarped image as well as factory F150 flares below for examples.

7FB52CA8-D844-4F06-83FC-0D4BA67200C4.jpeg

A4213CAA-5D0E-4BBD-9C37-D809F82D0711.jpeg
Sponsored

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They did put some flares on the Tremor...guess it depends on if every Bronco is going to go for the off-road appearance/function or only an upper trim.
2020-ford-super-duty-tremor-107-1561493735.jpg

OP
OP

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
They did put some flares on the Tremor...guess it depends on if every Bronco is going to go for the off-road appearance/function or only an upper trim.
2020-ford-super-duty-tremor-107-1561493735.jpg
Yea forgot about the super duty tremor, those painted to match fender flares are my favorite!

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... Do you think we will have factory plastic flares that protect the paint and take abuse like the upper end trucks and the wranglers etc have?
A4213CAA-5D0E-4BBD-9C37-D809F82D0711.jpeg
To get the kind of shape above and in this earlier blue tarped model, I think it will have a separate plastic/painted flare attached to an aluminum fender. But it would need to protrude a little more than most other Ford models, almost akin to the rear fender of a Wrangler, with the wheel/tire remaining covered and not protruding beyond the flare.

Blue Broncos.png

2017-Ford-F-150-Raptor-front-three-quarter-042.jpg

wrangler rear fenders.png

Sponsored
OP
OP

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think plastic wheel lip flares like the F150 in the first post are pointless and just look cheap. I am not a fan of plastic body cladding in general, and would prefer the Bronco not have any. It just looks so cheesy and not rugged at all. Plus the sun here in the southwest absolutely destroys any unpainted plastic that spends any amount of time outside, and it looks like dog shit once that happens.

I like my tires to be sticking out further than anything else on the body, but I know that is not an option for OEMs, and some states have strict tire coverage laws. I put a set of Bushwacker cut-out flares on my first Bronco II since I needed to cut the fenders for tire clearance, but wanted a finished look. Unfortunately they stuck out 3-4" unlike the classic Bronco style flares and kept getting ripped off all the time. I kept putting them back on, but after a while, one actually flew off while I was trailering the Bronco II and I didn't notice until I arrived at my destination. I immediately removed the rest of them and tossed them in the dumpster, and have been much happier since. They were always in the way before and really limited my line selection on a lot of obstacles.

IMG_0493.JPG

IMG_2385.jpeg

I dont agree with that statement but doesn’t really matter.
I think your little Bronco is eye candy and I want it.
With it being a body on frame, two speed transfer case, solid axle swap AND small a/f, I would imagine it goes anywhere you point it.
Why can’t we buy something like that off the shelf from any of the oem’s?

NoBigDeal

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think plastic wheel lip flares like the F150 in the first post are pointless and just look cheap. I am not a fan of plastic body cladding in general, and would prefer the Bronco not have any. It just looks so cheesy and not rugged at all. Plus the sun here in the southwest absolutely destroys any unpainted plastic that spends any amount of time outside, and it looks like dog shit once that happens.

I like my tires to be sticking out further than anything else on the body, but I know that is not an option for OEMs, and some states have strict tire coverage laws. I put a set of Bushwacker cut-out flares on my first Bronco II since I needed to cut the fenders for tire clearance, but wanted a finished look. Unfortunately they stuck out 3-4" unlike the classic Bronco style flares and kept getting ripped off all the time. I kept putting them back on, but after a while, one actually flew off while I was trailering the Bronco II and I didn't notice until I arrived at my destination. I immediately removed the rest of them and tossed them in the dumpster, and have been much happier since. They were always in the way before and really limited my line selection on a lot of obstacles.
I would like the look of metal fender flare better, however I would prefer it if they are plastic. It's a whole lot easier and cheaper to repair/replace a plastic fender flare versus solid metal quarter panels.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

IMG_0493.JPG

IMG_2385.jpeg
Aerospace 303 protectant. It will keep all black plastic looking fresh as new. And can restore it when it’s faded

sweet bronco my man!

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've owned an old Avalanche. Plastics are easy to keep looking good.

Well...I mean "good" is a strong word when speaking of looks and and Avalanche...But y'all know what I mean.

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

IMG_0493.JPG

IMG_2385.jpeg
Personally I think it looked way better with the flares on it. I can understand how they would get in the way when crawling though.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Where was that, and did you keep it garaged?

In the high deserts of the southwest, the 3,500+ hours of sunshine annually and UV indexes on par with the tropics take their toll on plastics (paint and vinyl too for that matter). It is not that uncommon for plastics to start turning chalky within 5 years on vehicle that lives outside, and the paint doesn't take too much longer than that to start burning off depending on make.
"Depending on make" is key. From what I've learned from the previous owners, my 2002 Excursion never spent a day in a garage - and wasn't carefully maintained cosmetically. Clearcoat isn't showing signs yet, dash is absolutely unmarred (and now covered), leather is nearly perfect considering the previous owner was around 320#.

OP
OP

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Went to gmc dealer just to check out some more trucks before I make my final decision and noticed the Sierra AT4 HD has some nice flares.

Then went to Ford dealer to see what they had, little unknown fact. NONE of the super duty’s come with flares. They even had several 2020 Platinums and None had flares.. that sucks.

5DCC0B66-DCA6-4D03-A9B6-0661C2A2CA7E.jpeg

A14437D2-091A-4CBB-82F0-0970E8E05BBE.jpeg

6ED84D86-DB46-426E-BDCB-F18EFD1F71FE.jpeg

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Then went to Ford dealer to see what they had, little unknown fact. NONE of the super duty’s come with flares.
The AT4 is the "off road" trim of the Chevy/GMC isn't it? The new Tremor which is Ford's off road trim/package definitely has fender flares.
2020-ford-f-series-super-duty-with-tremor-off-road-package.jpg

OP
OP

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
The new Tremor which is Ford's off road trim/package definitely has fender flares.
Yes.

QUOTE="Randy92Fox, post: 17192, member: 1986"] The new Tremor which is Ford's off road trim/package definitely has fender flares.
[/QUOTE]

yea but I wasn’t planning on buying a Tremer. I can’t believe I never noticed they didn’t have any flares on all the other models.
I’m planning on either a King Ranch or a Platinum crew cab short bed with Fx4 package.
Sponsored