Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I had a 2010 Ford Escape from 2010 to 2014. I was living in Ohio at the time, but my car was shipped from Indiana, who does not require front plates. So I didn't even have a bracket to mount a front plate. I got pulled over a bit, but I learned that police cannot force someone to intentionally depreciate the vehicle by forcing them to drill into their bumper. The dealer has to install the bracketed bumper. If they don't, you're free and clear.

TL;DR: If your dealer sells you a car without a bracket for a front license plate, you cannot be cited for it, but they can pull you over for it. But you can talk your way out of it by saying that is the way the vehicle came and it does not have a place to mount the plate.

Picture for reference.
Ford Bronco Let’s talk front license plate IMG_20141028_175737955_HDR
Sponsored

Last edited:

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wherever I purchase from, I will request that they DO NOT drill the front plate bracket on. Just hand it to me and I will do this myself. I can't stand dealership drilled holes on a brand new bumper.

Jb7

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is the only plate going on the front of mine, ordered from Ford merchandise shop couple of days back for $9, in Georgia no requirements for front state plate

Ford Bronco Let’s talk front license plate B8C91CF8-44FC-4F14-AF00-82530C1BC67E

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I live in CT. Front plate is required by law. Been driving for 10 years. Pulled over 3 times due to speeding... But I never got into any issue without a front plate.

The first thing I'm telling my dealer is no drilling and no stickers. If I ever need to mount a front plate I will use an adapter somewhere on the bumper

Sponsored

Jmgunn0124

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had a 2010 Ford Escape from 2010 to 2014. I was living in Ohio at the time, but my car was shipped from Indiana, who does not require front plates. So I didn't even have a bracket to mount a front plate. I got pulled over a bit, but I learned that police cannot force someone to intentionally depreciate the vehicle by forcing them to drill into their bumper. The dealer has to install the bracketed bumper. If they don't, you're free and clear.

TL;DR: If your dealer sells you a car without a bracket for a front license plate, you cannot be cited for it, but they can pull you over for it. But you can talk your way out of it by saying that is the way the vehicle came and it does not have a place to mount the plate.

Picture for reference.
Ford Bronco Let’s talk front license plate B8C91CF8-44FC-4F14-AF00-82530C1BC67E
That’s good to know. I got ticketed back in like 2008 in Missouri for not having a front plate. I was 18 at the time and there was no way I was drilling into my RX-8 bumper.

camnut

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is where i put mine after the poison spyder bumper install. I hate front plates. Very happy i live in AZ now which dont require them.

Ford Bronco Let’s talk front license plate frontlifted

BDBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No front plates required in PA, but I've got a cool Baja north Mexican plate i bought off Ebay...the cops won't stop you for just that..you have to be doing something else, too..but might get cited for it. I don't care..?

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Front plates are mandatory in NY and since I don't want to give cops any reason to pull me over I'll be running one. When I first upgraded my Jeep bumper I just tossed it in the windshield but some former cop co-workers told me it's not the best idea. Most cops won't care but it only takes one to ruin your day.

I refused to drill into a aftermarket steel bumper so I had to get creative. Drilled holes into the crash bar and attached the bottom of the plate to that, then used the bottom of the bumper to hold the top up. I don't really have any good pics to show it but here's the best I got. Been like that for a good 6 years now, and no issues.

Don't mind the bagged GTI, it's a old co-workers.

IMAG0074.jpg

IMG_20180427_113739.jpg

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mounted plate to a hinge bracket goin down the road no plate parked or stopped there it is .

Sponsored

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve been driving my Mustang without a front plate for years in MN and never been pulled over. Cops seem to love Mustangs and look the other way a lot.

camnut

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve been driving my Mustang without a front plate for years in MN and never been pulled over. Cops seem to love Mustangs and look the other way a lot.
I definitely know i would of got pulled over without a front plate on anything i drove. I was harassed by cops all the time in my youth lol
Sponsored