Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Required in CA, and we have front plates on both our current vehicles.
Wondering were to put it on the Bronco with all the sensors and the like. Obviously don't want it hanging down...
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thankfully here in FL we don't have a front plate requirement.

Mpixel

Badlands
First Name
MC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Toyota Camry, 1999 Nissan Pathfinder, 2015 VW Jetta, 2019 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am definitely going to put them on. One, because it is the law and two because I got some legacy Black and Yellow plates waiting to be mounted and want to showcase them.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am transferring this plate from my subi...

Ford Bronco Let’s talk front license plate 1596134890441

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Camaro SS m6, GX470, E39 & E24 BMW, 2005 Range
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Found this online with a Maine Registration. The License Plate is Not in the Center. Saw couple of F150's in my town same as this Raptor.

Ford Bronco Let’s talk front license plate 1596134890441
putting it on the side is very common for people who dont want to add it but are required too

Sponsored

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Camaro SS m6, GX470, E39 & E24 BMW, 2005 Range
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
More than half the US requires 2 plates. Depending on which state they may not be able to use a missing front plate as a reason to pull you over but if you park on the street they will ticket you.
I've lived in a few states and looking at front plate requirements is in the the top 10 list of things a look for. After that i look and see how much they actually hold you to that law. then i look up the punishment for it. Luckily i have never moved to a state that required one and if i did, I would budget for the fine. I will never use a front plate

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've lived in a few states and looking at front plate requirements is in the the top 10 list of things a look for. After that i look and see how much they actually hold you to that law. then i look up the punishment for it. Luckily i have never moved to a state that required one and if i did, I would budget for the fine. I will never use a front plate
Here in CO if you park in Denver county (not in a private lot like at apt or grocery store) you'll probably get a ticket every single time. Its annoying and expensive. The main thing in any state is to know your rights. Getting pulled over for a basic traffic offense (like missing license plate if it even qualifies or not using a blinker) is not probable cause to search your vehicle.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look, we already established that the coolest states do not require front plates. Go eat some pineapple pizza and read through the older threads.

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd die in a shootout with the police before I run a front plate.
Can I subscribe to your newsletter?

oh, and you couldn't have picked a better username.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah Virginia requires them too and has some of the strictest driving laws like getting charged with felony reckless driving if you grt caught going over 80. I'm not sure where they're going to fit the mount, but I hope it can be off to the side and not dead center.
Geesh. 80 mph in Florida is a Sunday drive.

Sponsored

Spencer

Outer Banks
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Required by law here in CA but I hate the look. I always have the front plate on me so that when I park on the street, or other places where parking enforcement (the fv*king worst!) patrol, I put the plate on the front passenger side dash.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Absolutely not. Most of my driving is in the Houston area and no ones cares enough to mention it.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m from Illinois and a front license plate is required by law, but looking at the Bronco I’m willing to risk it and forgo the plate on the front. I’m curious if anyone else is going to do this as well? If you are mounting a front plate where will you mount it?
I live in Chicago. I used to run my 'vette without front plate but one night went out to dinner and the valet parked the car right in front. Nice, I thought, as we went inside (Mon Ami Gabi in the Belden-Stratford hotel in Lincoln Park). After a nice dinner when we came out the valet came running over apologizing profusely . . . CPD had ticketed my car, LOL. I told him not to worry, it's not your fault, I'm the one that chose not to run the front plate and I got caught. Now I run the plate. Even though I rarely park on the street, as others have noted, it gives the police one more reason to stop you. Now with the 'vette I didn't want to run it because it ruins the front lines, IMO, but on a truck I really wouldn't care. Funny how Illinois mandates the 2 plates but doesn't do jack about the oversized plate holders that obscure some of the numbers and/or the expiration sticker; don't even get me started on the ones with the blue plastic covers that make the whole plate almost impossible to read.

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover D2, Charger Daytona
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When I was in college we went to Colorado and I was pulled over for no front plate even though my state did not require it. Cop creeped me out when he mentioned seeing us load up a lot of beer earlier in the day and asked if I’d been drinking. We were in Gunnison and I guess he saw us getting our supply from the liquor store but thankfully we hadn’t started partying yet. He just used the plate as an excuse thinking he was getting a DUI from a visitor.
Sponsored