klyders

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ford xlt supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
NOT required in good 'ol West (by God) Virginia!
Sponsored

robbyreneeward

Badlands
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge truck. Bronco on order.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bought my wife’s ‘08 Laramie Megacab used in 2011 and threw on an iron cross bumper. In Texas. To this day, no plate. And she’s never gotten a ticket for it. Boggles my mind ?

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am transferring this plate from my subi...

1596134890441.png
LOL!!! I was very confused as to why you'd want people to be reading "RVOVOM" when they look in their rearview mirror (and how you got them to do a backward R) until I realized you reversed the image for us lol.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll get the kind that doesn’t require drilling into the bumper. And I’ll never put it on. If I get pulled over I’ll put it on for the officer then take it back off again later lol. Can’t stand front plates

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I figure with the 2 inch lift riding on 37s the license plate should be easy enough to see as part of the front bash plate ?. Of course I cannot guarantee it will still be straight after I get done having fun ?

65F0C64E-8945-4F59-BCF3-D12AB6FF35BE.jpeg

Sponsored

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Required here in Colorado. It is currently under the drivers seat for the last 11 years and I have had no problems.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is the type of thing you petition your state government about. It’s an outdated law and it costs the state money to print two plates for every car.
Yeah that is true, costs NJ to print 2 plates.. But they don't care because they'll just add another tax to our list to cover it. So that's pretty much a dead argument around us.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm in IL as well, didn't have a front license plate on a VW of mine for 5 years. never had an issue.
IL is F'ed up in more ways then one. 20+ years ago I lived in IL for a few years. Had my '84 Bronco with a 4" lift and 35" tires. When I registered it, was give a choice, passenger plates or truck plates. Passenger plates were cheaper so naturally I said give me those. A few months later I get pulled over. The officer starts to tell me how I need truck plates for the sole reason of my vehicle being 'x' amount of inches off the pavement. I told him I wasn't aware of that. Long story (kinda) short.. I was arrested and charged with a Class C Misdemeanor. I posted my own bail, got truck plates a few weeks later, went to court to show them and the case was dismissed. So if Illinois still required a front plate and if I lived there still, I'd definitely have one.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Required in Colorado. We have cameras at some intersections to catch people running red lights - like the one on I-25 and Woodmen where a woman T-boned me and totaled my Camry a few years ago - and we also have toll roads between here and Fort Collins that I sometimes use. These systems use cameras to capture the license plate number.

I don't mind the license plate up front. Keeps those intersections safer and makes it easier to breeze along the toll roads without stopping. Plus, I got a couple of cool plates coming in the mail this week :-D

Sponsored

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe a bracket that bolts to the steel front bumper in the same spot the end cap bolts to.

CumminsWayne

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 Ram CTD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bought my wife’s ‘08 Laramie Megacab used in 2011 and threw on an iron cross bumper. In Texas. To this day, no plate. And she’s never gotten a ticket for it. Boggles my mind ?
Just depends on the cop. I’m sure most don’t care, but it’s basically a free pull you over and see what else you got going on card for them to use. I haven’t been stopped for it specifically in DFW, but been stopped for speeding and it was mentioned that I needed to have it on. Have buddy who just takes the ticket and tells them they ain’t drilling into a Corvette bumper. Lol

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Illinois here as well so I'll have a front plate. Few towns I have to go through to get to work will ticket you for spitting on the sidewalk sp not worth the risk

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a custom molded plate for the JK. Rock mol
Ford Bronco Let’s talk front license plate platr