Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m in Illinois also and will be putting the front license plate on. The front bumper looks like it should be easy to mount a license plate on.

I have never put a front license plate on my 2001 corvette since I bought it new. I’ve never been pulled over for not having a front plate. But I Read on the corvette forum that some communities in northern Illinois do give tickets for not having a front plate.
Camaros and Corvettes should never have front plates. Ruins the front end look!
Sponsored

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So California retired deputy here....unless it is a traffic cop. 99% of us do not care about a front plate. It’s an easy pull you over if I think something else is going on....drinking/drugs. Or if it is a normal pull over excessive speeding, red lights...and you are arguing about it then I’ll look for more. If your polite and cordial we do note it on or copy of the ticket and 9 out of 10 times I won’t go to traffic court if you were polite....then you don’t have get out of it anyways. Steered a little off topic but food for thought?

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not required in NM. My truck and Challenger both have front plates because I bought them in Texas. I hope if I end up getting mine in the Texas Group Buy I can have the dealer not put it on.

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Something like this? Problem solved?

5AA05808-152A-4197-A827-6ABD417A3853.jpeg

7DC6BE78-B382-4412-AAFD-9B37416B775F.jpeg

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm a little surprised anyone even cares about having or not having a front plate. It's required by law where I live so I have it on. So does almost everyone else around here and it is not something I even notice. All of my vehicles have always had a dedicated place for it on front and I am guessing the Bronco will as well.

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I live in Chicago. I used to run my 'vette without front plate but one night went out to dinner and the valet parked the car right in front. Nice, I thought, as we went inside (Mon Ami Gabi in the Belden-Stratford hotel in Lincoln Park). After a nice dinner when we came out the valet came running over apologizing profusely . . . CPD had ticketed my car, LOL. I told him not to worry, it's not your fault, I'm the one that chose not to run the front plate and I got caught. Now I run the plate. Even though I rarely park on the street, as others have noted, it gives the police one more reason to stop you. Now with the 'vette I didn't want to run it because it ruins the front lines, IMO, but on a truck I really wouldn't care. Funny how Illinois mandates the 2 plates but doesn't do jack about the oversized plate holders that obscure some of the numbers and/or the expiration sticker; don't even get me started on the ones with the blue plastic covers that make the whole plate almost impossible to read.
This hurts me deep when I see a Corvette with a front plate? That’s what should be illegal not this silly front license plate BS. I have never had front plates in IL and have only gotten pulled over once for it and that was just a warning. But with that being said I hear from friends and family the closer to Cook county you get the more likely you will get pulled over. Once your in Cook county I think it automatically comes with a ticket as soon as you pass the county line?

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not risking it in MD. I've been pulled over TWICE for "tint inspection" in my mustang, both times driving home from work late at night. My mustang does not have any tint on any of the windows. Not to mention the many times "1 of your 6 tail lights is looking dimmer than the others" etc. Not giving them an actual reason to get me. TBH COVID has been the absolute best thing to happen to driving in MD, since the onset all of the BS has stopped.

jmoney

Big Bend
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m in Louisiana. We barely have laws and the ones there are seem negotiable.

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
it’s required by law here in California but they only use it as a way to pull you over In my experiences. I drove a challenger for a while and I was out past 1am (not drinking) but got pulled over and the officer said the missing front plate was the reason but somehow I ended up out of my car doing sobriety tests.

I was sober and he didn’t even give me a fix it ticket.

so no, I will not be putting one on my bronco.

Kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 GC Trailhawk; ‘20 Honda Passport; '74 VW KG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m in Louisiana. We barely have laws and the ones there are seem negotiable.
Sounds alot like Ohio! (I've lived in both states, and it's so true).
Sponsored