Sponsored

Let me know if you've heard this one before. A man walks into a Ford Dealer...

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2020/2022 ILX, 2017 RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I ask reception for a Salesman who is a Bronco "expert". What I should do do about my reservation because I have an FE ordered and want to wait until at least '22 to decide about my other reservation. The expert says, "I don't know, let me find someone for you". Ok, not a joke, bad joke.

I then get the real expert, a very nice gentleman that owned a dealership and sold it to retire, but loved Ford so much he came back to become a General Manager, which I think is pretty cool. Anyways, he said he met with a Ford Rep. the day before and I got a couple of tidbits of note that are in conflict to what Levine has said.

1) He said that if you have a reservation and you don't convert it, it will just sit there until you do. You don't lose it, you don't lose your spot, it's business as usual so that when you are ready you can hop into your place in line. So, he recommended doing nothing with my reservation for now-no Priority 99, etc..
2) He also was told that if you are part of one of the "deadly 6 sins" (2.7, Sasquatch, manual, 2-door, anything but MIC, etc..) that in no way are you going to get a '21 Bronco, everything will be pushed to '22. What pissed me off is that he stated that's even the FEs, they will be produced during the '22 cycle but will still be called a '21. He stated the orders will be batched by type and more than likely it will be the bottom tiers-Base, Big Bend & Black Diamond first as long as they do not fall into any categories above. This is based on what Ford is telling him regarding production issues, etc..
Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I find it hard to believe if you have any of the 6 possible shortage parts that it gurantees a 2022. So he is saying that Ford doesn't have a single 2.7 engine lying around or will not produce a single door this year? Sounds like bullshit to me.
Ford Bronco Let me know if you've heard this one before.  A man walks into a Ford Dealer... 1614813994413

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1 is clearly wrong because one production schedules, you're not getting into line.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Would love to know if #1 above is accurate or more specifics if not.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Point 1 is consistent with what we’ve heard from Ford. They “recommend” orders get converted and coded 99... but non-conversions just sit as active reservations to be converted at a later date.

Point 2 doesn’t pass the sniff test. As @Chrism81 stated, for it to be true Ford would have to have zero of any of those items.

They have zero mod tops right now... that’s why they are “late availability”... in contrast they have some of the deadly six but not enough, that’s why they are limited availability.

At least one person will get a 2.7 in MY21.

;)

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1 is clearly wrong because one production schedules, you're not getting into line.
Would love to know if #1 above is accurate or more specifics if not.
There is a confirmation somewhere on the forum where #1 was already explained. You can just convert when you want and you’ll get ranked according to timestamp against everyone else who has an order in.

Obviously Ford wants you to convert and code 99 now so they have eyes on who’s still intending to eventually order and what options they will want.

The rub is that Ford is planning their builds quarterly, so if you don’t convert and decide to jump in, you may have to wait up to 3 months before you’ll be thrown into the mix.

::EDIT::

MY21 orders can be placed after March cutoff... extrapolating that means reservations are not automatically cancelled... they will just sit there to be converted whenever.

https://www.bronco6g.com/update-bro...nverted-for-2021-model-year-after-march-19th/

For all we know Ford may announce some new conversion deadline after which reservations will be cancelled... but we’re not there yet.

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So they are gonna make their cheapest, lamest Broncos be the first impression America sees?

Yeah....I can totally believe this....sounds like the 'color-girls' are in charge of production scheduling :)

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Number 2 is at all true, who's got a good excuse to tell my boss.

I've been hiding the fact that I sold my primary vehicle back in October as I can work from home at least until things normalize. I was hoping with an early day 2 reservation I could make ends meet if we did start going back to the office part time as things get better, before getting my bronco.

But if the thing has to wait until December at the earliest, I might need to buy something...

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have an extremely hard time believing that Ford is not going to produce a single 2 door this year, especially given that it seems like close to a majority of the cars being ordered are 2 doors.

Sponsored

NotAnonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So they are gonna make their cheapest, lamest Broncos be the first impression America sees?

Yeah....I can totally believe this....sounds like the 'color-girls' are in charge of production scheduling :)
Hey, now, I'm ordering a cheap, lame BB....đŸ€Ł

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
#DearbornIndependant

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I believe this 100%.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You might want to consider rephrasing that to something more like ‘the interior designers” ...

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ask reception for a Salesman who is a Bronco "expert". What I should do do about my reservation because I have an FE ordered and want to wait until at least '22 to decide about my other reservation. The expert says, "I don't know, let me find someone for you". Ok, not a joke, bad joke.

I then get the real expert, a very nice gentleman that owned a dealership and sold it to retire, but loved Ford so much he came back to become a General Manager, which I think is pretty cool. Anyways, he said he met with a Ford Rep. the day before and I got a couple of tidbits of note that are in conflict to what Levine has said.

1) He said that if you have a reservation and you don't convert it, it will just sit there until you do. You don't lose it, you don't lose your spot, it's business as usual so that when you are ready you can hop into your place in line. So, he recommended doing nothing with my reservation for now-no Priority 99, etc..
2) He also was told that if you are part of one of the "deadly 6 sins" (2.7, Sasquatch, manual, 2-door, anything but MIC, etc..) that in no way are you going to get a '21 Bronco, everything will be pushed to '22. What pissed me off is that he stated that's even the FEs, they will be produced during the '22 cycle but will still be called a '21. He stated the orders will be batched by type and more than likely it will be the bottom tiers-Base, Big Bend & Black Diamond first as long as they do not fall into any categories above. This is based on what Ford is telling him regarding production issues, etc..
Ford Bronco Let me know if you've heard this one before.  A man walks into a Ford Dealer... 1614815166924
Sponsored