Sponsored

Let me know if you've heard this one before. A man walks into a Ford Dealer...

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So they are gonna make their cheapest, lamest Broncos be the first impression America sees?

Yeah....I can totally believe this....sounds like the 'color-girls' are in charge of production scheduling :)
That's the first thing I thought of. I have a hard time believing they'll build lower bases first and all the others get pushed. The margins are higher on the upper trims. Way too much money left on the table.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

1 sounds like what the Ford reservation line told me when I called. My dealer wants me to place an order under code 99, because they want the deposit and commitment, taking what little leverage I have.

2 I’m not totally believing, unless they are saying seven deadly get produced later in 2021 as model year 2021’s even though normal auto production would have rolled to 2022 model year at that point. (i.e., they are officially model year 2021s, produced between when they normally would have started 2022 production and the end of calendar year 2021).

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First, thanks for passing along the information. I won't shoot the messenger. But I have no problem shaming them. You shouldn't have even typed out the blurb on FEs. You know it also as it doesn't make any sense. All FEs will be built for the MY21. If Ford is only able to build 7000 Sasquatched rigs over MY21 production run, every one will be a FE.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So they are gonna make their cheapest, lamest Broncos be the first impression America sees?

Yeah....I can totally believe this....sounds like the 'color-girls' are in charge of production scheduling :)
Guess I'll get MY LAME base Bronco before you, according to this post.

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Proves the pointy that regular posters up in here are better informed than most dealers...
Oh man, how this becomes ever so true every time I contact my dealer.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There really needs to be a master thread of titled "My Dealer Said..." This has to be one of the better ones for lack of true knowledge on the Bronco.

As far as not converting your order and just letting it sit if you are before the September cut off you are doing others at your dealership a disservice. But helping the rest of us out by giving other dealers more allocation.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not even....isn't "two door" a deadly sin?
My base Base , 2 door manual won't be built until 2022 ....even with a third hour reservation??? Maybe AMB is late availability. LOL

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For point #1: Like others have said, that info is consistent with what we’ve heard from Ford (including from Levine) before. However I’m surprised to hear he’s recommending you just sit on your 22 order for now. Cause even if you ultimately end up not following through with it, if he converted it and gave it priority code 99 it would help increase his number of allocations, helping both his pocket and his other customers. 🤷‍♂️

For point #2: I think he is conflating limited availability and late availability. They are not the same, and some of the items you listed are not part of the “deadly six”. Here is a list of the most recent “limited availability” options from another reputable dealer on here, from this thread.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/current-commodity-lists.13229/
Ford Bronco Let me know if you've heard this one before.  A man walks into a Ford Dealer... 52308027-6F87-45B8-A521-7B1EF74BB2A5

The fact that we’ve consistently heard from Ford that Wildtrak, Sasquatch, and 2.7 will be limited availability but nothing about FE being limited availability kinda disproves point #2.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok what’s the deal with the 2 door? I’m gonna bet a pretty dollar and one of my cuban cigars that 4 door dominates the sales of bronco by a hefty margin, so why would the 2 door be an issue...
What am I missing??

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ok what’s the deal with the 2 door? I’m gonna bet a pretty dollar and one of my cuban cigars that 4 door dominates the sales of bronco by a hefty margin, so why would the 2 door be an issue...
What am I missing??
I think the 2 door had more to do with the MIC top and whatever production issue there is/was with the top. Unlike the 4 door that has a soft top standard. Hence all those Stig photos with the “aftermarket” fastback soft tops on 2 doors.

However I personally haven’t seen/heard anything about 2 doors or MIC tops being a constrained commodity in a while (I may have just missed it) so I wonder if it’s still even an issue?

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@BroncoJay, I'm with you. I gotta believe that the 4-door is going to outsell the 2-door by a pretty wide margin.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There is a confirmation somewhere on the forum where #1 was already explained. You can just convert when you want and you’ll get ranked according to timestamp against everyone else who has an order in.

Obviously Ford wants you to convert and code 99 now so they have eyes on who’s still intending to eventually order and what options they will want.

The rub is that Ford is planning their builds quarterly, so if you don’t convert and decide to jump in, you may have to wait up to 3 months before you’ll be thrown into the mix.

::EDIT::

MY21 orders can be placed after March cutoff... extrapolating that means reservations are not automatically cancelled... they will just sit there to be converted whenever.

https://www.bronco6g.com/update-bro...nverted-for-2021-model-year-after-march-19th/

For all we know Ford may announce some new conversion deadline after which reservations will be cancelled... but we’re not there yet.
You, sir, are a saint. I know I can always count on your detailed response. Thank you sir!

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
@BroncoJay, I'm with you. I gotta believe that the 4-door is going to outsell the 2-door by a pretty wide margin.
I agree. After the first wave of pent up demand, the % will change...
Sponsored