First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am not even considering this massive undertaking and over engineering task.
VWPAG combines the VR motors into varies exotic configurations to make their W-motors. Toyota and BMW 2 I6's to make the V12. Aston Martin put two Ford V6's together to make their V12. Can the 2.3L 4-cylinder and 2.7L 6-cylinder motors be doubled or mated together--creating a 2.6L V8 or straight-8 or a 5.4L V12.
Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

When they say "combined" the mean "in CAD" most of the time. It is, most of the time, an OEM-level task.

Now, there are many occasions of one-offs where people build Vee enginers from inline motors (Supra V12, Hayabusa V8, etc. etc.) but those are typically decades-long passion projects or large operations.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not even considering this massive undertaking and over engineering task.
VWPAG combines the VR motors into varies exotic configurations to make their W-motors. Toyota and BMW 2 I6's to make the V12. Aston Martin put two Ford V6's together to make their V12. Can the 2.3L 4-cylinder and 2.7L 6-cylinder motors be doubled or mated together--creating a 2.6L V8 or straight-8 or a 5.4L V12.
2x2.3L would be 4.6L. Highly doubt we will ever see a I8 ever produced again. If u want a 4.6L V8 every junkyard in America has several...good runners too!

Sponsored

AZRap

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 16 Mustang, 56 F100, 19 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guarantee there will be an LS swapped Bronco before the end of 2021.
Every time I see an LS in a Ford I throw up in my mouth a little ?

phobiarg

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus ST // 2017 2.7 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Every time I see an LS in a Ford I throw up in my mouth a little ?
At this point the LS is so synonymous with engine swaps that in my opinion it's kind of acceptable in everything. The Coyote is an awesome motor and has significant technology advantages to the LS but its also expensive and is massive. The LS is cheap, plentiful, small, easily modified and takes well to boost. You can dislike the badge that makes it, but its still just about the best engine for swaps, it has essentially rendered the SBF and SBC swaps obsolete. The 2JZ and RB26 used to be the kings of the JDM swaps, but nowadays the LS has taken over that scene as well.
Sponsored