First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a reservation at my local Ford dealer in Greeley Colorado. Since build and price is out I decided to got talk to them and see how they will be pricing things. The response I got was "we don't know yet". The sales rep informed me that for years they sold the Raptor at 10K over MSRP. He said they were going to see what other dealers in the area were doing and charge accordingly. The example he gave was "If they are charging 5k over MSRP, then we'll probably be charging 3k over MSRP."

When I asked about MSRP pricing he just laughed. So it's pretty clear they will be charging over MSRP, and be talking with the other Ford dealers in the area to see what they can get.

I told him there were other dealers who were offering below MSRP, and even below invoice. He laughed and said "Well we will go there and buy those Broncos all day long then".

Let the games begin! Sounds like I'll be switching dealers.
Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a reservation at my local Ford dealer in Greeley Colorado. Since build and price is out I decided to got talk to them and see how they will be pricing things. The response I got was "we don't know yet". The sales rep informed me that for years they sold the Raptor at 10K over MSRP. He said they were going to see what other dealers in the area were doing and charge accordingly. The example he gave was "If they are charging 5k over MSRP, then we'll probably be charging 3k over MSRP."

When I asked about MSRP pricing he just laughed. So it's pretty clear they will be charging over MSRP, and be talking with the other Ford dealers in the area to see what they can get.

I told him there were other dealers who were offering below MSRP, and even below invoice. He laughed and said "Well we will go there and buy those Broncos all day long then".

Isn't the point of a reservation to get no higher than MSRP ?

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The good news, and there's very little of it from Ford on this vehicle lately, is that we have until Jan 31st to switch dealers. I will definitely be shopping around once I get my price for my first dealer.

You can thank Ford for not supporting X-Plan.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That reservation has legs and can move... Maybe there's a buyers group in CO that can negotiate with a dealer willing to do invoice or below for a few hundred Bronco orders...

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Emailed my local dealer. Told him I was a part of this forum and we had gotten together and have arranged to have $1000 off of Invoice. He wrote back and said he's do invoice ( which is less than X pricing per him ) but was not going to go below it. It appears that the ones taking below invoice are looking to build up inventory to charge sticker + 1000s for people who don't have reservations.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

You should have got his card can him back tomorrow with when you have a new dealer and tell him to shove it. He is exactly the reason people think poorly of car sales.
Check out sewell and granger. They don't F around like that...

Yours sounds like an auto Nation dealer

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

join the CO group, think we're at like 110 and counting.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forgive me, but why are people paying $10k over MSRP for F150 Raptors?

This isn't a limited edition Ford GT.
You see it all day long out here in CO, at least with the Ford dealerships. I even know a GM really well too. Reason I went to TX to get my truck and going to a different state to get the Bronco.

Lothbrok

Badlands
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Emailed my local dealer. Told him I was a part of this forum and we had gotten together and have arranged to have $1000 off of Invoice. He wrote back and said he's do invoice ( which is less than X pricing per him ) but was not going to go below it. It appears that the ones taking below invoice are looking to build up inventory to charge sticker + 1000s for people who don't have reservations.
Xplan is invoice -.4% ........

Stimpy

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't waste your time with dealers like that. Just move your reservation to one of the dealers that has been honest and transparent with their pricing and save your time and energy for some awesome off-road adventures.

Beebe Senior

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

So, Mullinax Ford here in Mobile is selling them for X plan pricing if you can prove you qualify for xplan. I can make a few trips to Colorado lol visit family and drive some myself.
Sponsored