First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a reservation at my local Ford dealer in Greeley Colorado. Since build and price is out I decided to got talk to them and see how they will be pricing things. The response I got was "we don't know yet". The sales rep informed me that for years they sold the Raptor at 10K over MSRP. He said they were going to see what other dealers in the area were doing and charge accordingly. The example he gave was "If they are charging 5k over MSRP, then we'll probably be charging 3k over MSRP."

When I asked about MSRP pricing he just laughed. So it's pretty clear they will be charging over MSRP, and be talking with the other Ford dealers in the area to see what they can get.

I told him there were other dealers who were offering below MSRP, and even below invoice. He laughed and said "Well we will go there and buy those Broncos all day long then".

Let the games begin! Sounds like I'll be switching dealers.
BUYING LOCAL AND EXPENSIVE IS SILLY!

When I've bought new Jeep Wranglers, I go to cars.com, search within ALL miles and sort result by price. I buy the cheapest/best discount I find then pay $7-800 to have it shipped to me. I save THOUSANDS doing this! I bought 2 wrangler Rubicon Unlimiteds this way, sight unseen.

Granger and Stephens are the way to go!
Sponsored

jdub.csu

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester, 2020 Honda, 2015 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doc fee I got quoted was $695. From my conversation with them I got the impression they would deal below MSRP too.
Glad you got that in writing. I guess they have changed their minds since I last talked to them. That doc fee is still ridiculous as it is just dealer profit.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The point of a reservation is to let the dealers know that you really want this vehicle and are willing to pay a premium.
Not me . If a scumbag dealer wants more than MSRP I'll walk . It's just a vehicle .
I'm glad Town & Country has made several videos on the Bronco and have stated their guarantee several times . I don't see them walking back on that :)

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not me . If a scumbag dealer wants more than MSRP I'll walk . It's just a vehicle .
I'm glad Town & Country has made several videos on the Bronco and have stated their guarantee several times . I don't see them walking back on that :)

im right there with ya, my reservations shows that yes i want one and am willing to pay up (by paying MSRP), but no way am i paying any ADM!

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't the point of a reservation to get no higher than MSRP ?
A reservation just saves you a place in line. The dealer can charge whatever they want. If you want to switch dealers to find the best deal you can.

Sponsored

BrianBormes

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Powerstroke Bronco, Cummins Bronco, LS Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know many who work at dealerships will disagree with me, but I think if you reserve and order a vehicle straight from the manufacturer, a dealership should, at most, be where you go to pick up the vehicle. That's it. A dealership shouldn't even be part of that equation and shouldn't get a cut of that sale. The transaction would be between FoMoCo and the customer. The only thing dealerships would do is use their service departments to install the DIOs and hand over the keys. If people want to shop from a lot for a new car, then dealerships may do as they please. I just think there is an unnecessary middle man in the equation when it comes to reservations and custom orders.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Unfortunately that’s still no guarantee that they don’t hike up the price when you go to sign
I get the feeling that is going to happen to many reservation holders. Problem is they will only find out after the long wait and the Bronco is sitting at the dealer lot.

I keep hearing there is only a MSRP (a suggested price) but dealers can charge whatever they want to. I don’t think I have seen any official Ford document that says dealers can only charge MSRP. They are gonna tack on $$ in one form or another because they can.

Someone please prove where a dealer can not sell higher than MSRP. X-plan was a huge benefit that we can’t use now.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know many who work at dealerships will disagree with me, but I think if you reserve and order a vehicle straight from the manufacturer, a dealership should, at most, be where you go to pick up the vehicle. That's it. A dealership shouldn't even be part of that equation and shouldn't get a cut of that sale. The transaction would be between FoMoCo and the customer. The only thing dealerships would do is use their service departments to install the DIOs and hand over the keys. If people want to shop from a lot for a new car, then dealerships may do as they please. I just think there is an unnecessary middle man in the equation when it comes to reservations and custom orders.
i see where you're coming from.... all of us on here most likely know more about the bronco than the salesman whos getting the cut. They aren't helping us at all so why should they get a cut? They're just going to try to make us pay more than we need to by taking advantage of us.
Unfortunately tesla is the only company where you can buy direct. I hope car buying shifts to this method over time... no reason for these salesman ripping people off

Stuckin918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado ZR2 Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
so you’re cool buying every vehicle at MSRP to cut down in the “bs”?

Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a reservation at my local Ford dealer in Greeley Colorado. Since build and price is out I decided to got talk to them and see how they will be pricing things. The response I got was "we don't know yet". The sales rep informed me that for years they sold the Raptor at 10K over MSRP. He said they were going to see what other dealers in the area were doing and charge accordingly. The example he gave was "If they are charging 5k over MSRP, then we'll probably be charging 3k over MSRP."

When I asked about MSRP pricing he just laughed. So it's pretty clear they will be charging over MSRP, and be talking with the other Ford dealers in the area to see what they can get.

I told him there were other dealers who were offering below MSRP, and even below invoice. He laughed and said "Well we will go there and buy those Broncos all day long then".

Let the games begin! Sounds like I'll be switching dealers.
So, why haven't you joined the Colorado Buyers Group? They made a deal to purchase from Granger, in Iowa. If I remember correctly, their deal is $1300, below invoice, plus FREE shipping.

Then, all you would need to do is to go to your DMV, to pay the CO tax!

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

so you’re cool buying every vehicle at MSRP to cut down in the “bs”?
When it comes to cars "custom ordered" by me straight from the factory, then yes I would be willing to make that compromise. Luckily I get the A-Plan through my family but even if I didn't, I would be okay with it for vehicles that I am "ordering straight from the factory". New car stock on car lots are free game for dealerships.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When it comes to cars "custom ordered" by me straight from the factory, then yes I would be willing to make that compromise. Luckily I get the A-Plan through my family but even if I didn't, I would be okay with it for vehicles that I am "ordering straight from the factory". New car stock on car lots are free game for dealerships.
Well, you could always opt to NOT use your A-Plan and pay MSRP. Just saying, it's an option ? That way no one would be able to question you (y)

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, you could always opt to NOT use your A-Plan and pay MSRP. Just saying, it's an option ? That way no one would be able to question you (y)
Not a chance, buddy lol. I'm just trying to look out for the little guy. Ford either needs to get rid of dealership cuts altogether for vehicles ordered straight from the factory or make MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price) MMRP (Manufacturer Maximum Retail Price) and stop the dealerships from price gouging their customers. That way dealers could run special promotions to go lower than MSRP, but never higher.

tomdaniel

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If my dealer isn't going to honor our agreement, I have ZERO qualms about taking that money that would have been going to Ford and giving it straight to Elon Musk.
Sponsored