Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
With all this discussion of trims, options, and prices, There's a lot of hamsters running around in peoples heads thinking about what they're going to go with. I see people asking questions about should I get (insert) trim with these options or this trim with these options. Now this is good, we're thinking about what we want to spend our hard earned money on, but lets take a minute and think about our needs and intended use of the Bronco.

Now I'm not trying to bash anyone here, but lets be honest with ourselves. How many of us are going to spend $50k-$60k on a totally optioned out off-road trim and go out to the trails to beat on it like it's a 30 year old Toyota? For a lot of people this will be their first off-road vehicle, and off-road has many different definitions depending on who you are. We all might have intentions of going to Rubicon or Moab to tackle the toughest trails, but in reality fire roads and mild dirt trails that sedans can get by on will probably be the extent for the average person. Now before you hardcore off-roaders flip tables, yes I'm aware there are some people out there that will push the limits, but they will most likely be a small majority.

I'm not trying to talk anyone out of buying what they want, just trying to start a discussion about what YOUR intended use and needs are and how they align with the trim/options you have in mind.
Sponsored

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm gettin a 4Dr Badlands, probably never going to take it anywhere other than maybe a service road.. Why? Well because I can

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine will probably get its first scratch within a week of ownership, much like my other vehicles. I’m buying it to use, not sit in a garage. Might get some stuff a la carte, but won’t be getting any package. $45k for a long term beater.

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Big Bend, my intentions are light (maybe maybe medium) off-roading, mainly to get to remote camping in MT, WY, CO, UT, AZ. I live in MN so getting through the snow will actually be fun.

Yes is my daily driver.

Last edited:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Gonna be a daily driver, back and forth to work. Occasionally tow the quads on a 12' trailer.

And if ya'll don't like it, you can suck it!! ? My money, I'll do what I want with it.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my fiancé and I aren’t serious off readers but we take huge road trips through mountains, national parks, deserts, etc. so it would be nice to have a capable off road vehicle. however we’re gunna stick with a obx or black diamond since it’ll be her daily driver, and near 30-35k after down payment and selling her current vehicle.
Sponsored