Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 Siverado 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For me, its an opportunity to own something that was designed years ago but could never own one. Now I'm older and wiser and I'm going to take it for a ride where ever the street ends and the dirt roads begin- hopefully its not off the cliff
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now I'm not trying to bash anyone here, but lets be honest with ourselves...
I'm not trying to talk anyone out of buying what they want, just trying to start a discussion about what YOUR intended use and needs are and how they align with the trim/options you have in mind.
Honestly, ours will spend most of its time in the urban jungle. But it will get most of its off-road use on the kind of beat up, rutted-out dirt-and-rock roads that a lesser SUV could get though, if only slower and more carefully. I wanna take those roads faster and not spend an hour just getting to the slot canyon or other activity. I'm willing to go over minor rock obstacles and such, but I don't see us doing Moab-level rock crawling. I am considering whether an extra set of wheels and tires might make sense. Let's call it used but not abused. ?

Deltapony123

Badlands
First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My daily driver. I loved the 70’s Bronco and didn’t have one. Getting one now! All grown up since the 70’s, My paycheck...my Bronco!
I have an F450 to pull my horse trailers and my horse is my off-road vehicle.

Kellystoy

Big Bend
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
With all this discussion of trims, options, and prices, There's a lot of hamsters running around in peoples heads thinking about what they're going to go with. I see people asking questions about should I get (insert) trim with these options or this trim with these options. Now this is good, we're thinking about what we want to spend our hard earned money on, but lets take a minute and think about our needs and intended use of the Bronco.

Now I'm not trying to bash anyone here, but lets be honest with ourselves. How many of us are going to spend $50k-$60k on a totally optioned out off-road trim and go out to the trails to beat on it like it's a 30 year old Toyota? For a lot of people this will be their first off-road vehicle, and off-road has many different definitions depending on who you are. We all might have intentions of going to Rubicon or Moab to tackle the toughest trails, but in reality fire roads and mild dirt trails that sedans can get by on will probably be the extent for the average person. Now before you hardcore off-roaders flip tables, yes I'm aware there are some people out there that will push the limits, but they will most likely be a small majority.

I'm not trying to talk anyone out of buying what they want, just trying to start a discussion about what YOUR intended use and needs are and how they align with the trim/options you have in mind.
I am turning 50 and always wanted a jeep to bum around in (hang at the beach- go for long drives). Hubs is against a jeep due to the rusting out. I seriously want this for the top down doors off- if my Bronco sees a dirt road it will be by accident. I chose the Big Bend because the grill looks better then the base. I am driving my dad and hubs nuts with Bronco talk as I could care less about the capabilities it will have- I also don't understand any of anyway. This is my mid life crisis toy and better then a corvette in my opinion.

Sponsored

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I reserved a 4 door base model, will probably be bone stock except for lockers if possible, grey hardtop and maybe automatic. I'm using mine to haul my jon boat and trailer to the lake. I will also use it to navigate service and logging roads to get to hunting areas, I also expect the bronco to get me around in the snow. I will ask the bronco to carry me through mudholes and other terrain just for the fun of it.

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With all this discussion of trims, options, and prices, There's a lot of hamsters running around in peoples heads thinking about what they're going to go with. I see people asking questions about should I get (insert) trim with these options or this trim with these options. Now this is good, we're thinking about what we want to spend our hard earned money on, but lets take a minute and think about our needs and intended use of the Bronco.

Now I'm not trying to bash anyone here, but lets be honest with ourselves. How many of us are going to spend $50k-$60k on a totally optioned out off-road trim and go out to the trails to beat on it like it's a 30 year old Toyota? For a lot of people this will be their first off-road vehicle, and off-road has many different definitions depending on who you are. We all might have intentions of going to Rubicon or Moab to tackle the toughest trails, but in reality fire roads and mild dirt trails that sedans can get by on will probably be the extent for the average person. Now before you hardcore off-roaders flip tables, yes I'm aware there are some people out there that will push the limits, but they will most likely be a small majority.

Thank you for this, as much as my initial reaction was load me up, I genuinely only want the look. That feel of an old Bronco, top off music blaring. I definitely don’t need to get much over standard to recapture this vibe!

alexraw

Outer Banks
First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco / Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I reserved a OBX but will most likely go down to a BD. I will use it mainly for daily driving with the occasional mud, trails and road trips/camping.

targas

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in a quandary here, my "plan" was to replace my JK with the Bronco and sell my JK. The problem is, we do extreme trails in the JK so I need to come to the realization that I probably need to keep my JK and have the Bronco as a mall crawler.

To be a true replacement, I will need to swap axles to support 40's and all the other stuff that's required to make that happen. I wouldn't even consider taking the Bronco in stock form out where we go without heavy upgrades, and then the 60k vehicle quickly becomes 80k +. Quite frankly, it's not going to be worth it.

That said, I plan to keep it nice and do mountain passes, drinking my tomato juice waving to all the other overlanders.

So OP is correct, my expectations have changed for this vehicle.

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yesterday I was in Burger King Parking Lot and I stopped in the empty lot to eat my Hot Chicken Fingers and Hot Jalapeno Cheddar Bites with my kids and when we are done, I just hit the Gas slowly and I hear something very hard and I'm like oh no!:eek: what did I hit. I slowly backed down and got off the car-Pilot and went to the front passenger side and saw it was the parking curb and I checked the Front Fender and the Step Board and found No Scratches or Damage. Phew! nothing happend and immediately thought if Only I had my Bronco I would not have backed off but just went over it like its nothing.?

That is not my PILOT but just an illustration how BIG is the Curb ?
Ford Bronco Let's Be Honest About Our Intended Use 1598972602890

Tory Brecht

Wildtrak
First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I drove 2 different 4Dr Rubicons from Austin TX to Panama and back, two winters in a row. Spent a few months doing it each winter and it was amazing. I'd highly recommend in the Bronco! Nicaragua was the place I liked most.
My wife’s aunt has a home in Nicaragua- not far from the Costa Rica border. It is the most beautiful place I’ve been on this planet, and I travel a lot. I imagine current day Nicaragua must be like what California was 100 years ago.

JFTkBgk.jpg

Aboen

Wildtrak
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak (BMW M2)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Commuter + pismo beach 2-3 times a year, snowboarding in Tahoe 3-4 times a year.

Last edited:

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife’s aunt has a home in Nicaragua- not far from the Costa Rica border. It is the most beautiful place I’ve been on this planet, and I travel a lot. I imagine current day Nicaragua must be like what California was 100 years ago.

Ford Bronco Let's Be Honest About Our Intended Use JFTkBgk
Nice pic, looks awesome!

Cencal Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am definitely using as a DD. And I drive a lot for work. That being said, I wish I could get the tires from BD on a BB. I feel that is all I would need.
Sponsored