First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This a fun one to hear everyone's responses too, and really badly makes me want to explore more off roading. :LOL:

There's probably a better thread for this, but as a complete noob, how do you guys find these trails/old logging roads, etc.? Also I'm in Illinois right near Indiana, so if anyone has trail recommendations in the area I'll be very curious and start compiling a list!
I am in Chicago. If you are looking for forest service roads you should look up all the state and national forests in Michigan, the UP, and Wisconsin. These areas typically allow dispersed camping and have plenty of dirt roads and trails. When you go to their websites go to the map section and find the MVUM maps. Those maps show you where you can drive a road vehicle. There will also be countless trails that aren’t on the maps but be careful because they are most likely not maintained at all and you may find quickly that your vehicle can’t fit since they are ATV trails or similar.

There are apps too. Avenza Maps also allows you to download those maps, or similar ones, to use with the phones gps.

Manistee National Forest in MI is only like 2 hours away. In WI you have Chequamegon and a couple others. The UP is like all state and national forest land. Camp pretty much anywhere as long as it is 100 ft from a service road. You will also find many “sites” already set up from previous campers.
Sponsored

joshofthefall

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Scion tC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am in Chicago. If you are looking for forest service roads you should look up all the state and national forests in Michigan, the UP, and Wisconsin. These areas typically allow dispersed camping and have plenty of dirt roads and trails. When you go to their websites go to the map section and find the MVUM maps. Those maps show you where you can drive a road vehicle. There will also be countless trails that aren’t on the maps but be careful because they are most likely not maintained at all and you may find quickly that your vehicle can’t fit since they are ATV trails or similar.

There are apps too. Avenza Maps also allows you to download those maps, or similar ones, to use with the phones gps.

Manistee National Forest in MI is only like 2 hours away. In WI you have Chequamegon and a couple others. The UP is like all state and national forest land. Camp pretty much anywhere as long as it is 100 ft from a service road. You will also find many “sites” already set up from previous campers.
Downloading now, thanks so much! Can't wait to go explore. ?

FlyinBD

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live on the Southern Oregon Coast, AKA Dune Country. I was in the market for a new Mustang Convertible until I saw the release of the new Bronco. Now I want a convertible I can take off-road. Badlands 4-door with Samsquanch. I was also going to drop wads of cash on my 2014 F-150 twin turbo supercrew 4x4 in the way of 4.11 or 4.56 gearing with a Eaton Truetrac in the back and and E-locker up front. With the Bronco I won't have to do any of that.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine will probably never ever be off road. I need to have 4x4 to deal with unplowed roads in a Buffalo winter. And I want to be able to take the top and doors off for our great summer weather. Mid package and automatic are a definite must haves. High package and advanced 4x4 are almost must have items as well. Absolutely no use at all for Sasquatch except that it looks awesome. Most likely will be getting Outer Banks plus upgrades or Wildtrak as is.
I’m in Buffalo also. Any thoughts on the dealer you’ll use? I’m getting a bit of the run around from West Herr

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m in Buffalo also. Any thoughts on the dealer you’ll use? I’m getting a bit of the run around from West Herr
My reservation is at West Herr, but I haven't gotten anything of substance from them. Still plenty of time to switch though, and official pricing isn't even out yet. If I don't like what they come up with, my top three options would probably be Basil Ford in Niagara Falls if I really want to stay local, the Ford dealer in Rochester that was recommended on here, or heading down to West Virginia for the Stephens deal. There's also a Ford dealer from downstate that's on this board who is supposed to be coming up with some sort of deal in the near future.

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Daily driver with 2 kids in the back. Hit some local offroad parks on the weekend occasionally when it's not a Lowe's/Costco run. Occasionally tow a pop up camper/lawn mower/boat.

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very little of the money I spend has to do solely upon what I need.... most of it has more to do with what I want. I dont need to go out to eat... I dont need to eat steak... I dont need a computer.... I dont need a cell phone.... Life isnt always about what you need.... enjoy and go for what you want that you can afford

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very little of the money I spend has to do solely upon what I need.... most of it has more to do with what I want. I dont need to go out to eat... I dont need to eat steak... I dont need a computer.... I dont need a cell phone.... Life isnt always about what you need.... enjoy and go for what you want that you can afford
Actually steaks are mandatory, and cooked medium at most.

Computer and cell phone...how you gonna access the B&P? Dealer aint gonna fax it to you.

tenor.gif

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Medium rare please and prime cut filet preferably....
lol.... if the B&P doesnt ever come out you wont need a computer or cell phone to access it

Actually steaks are mandatory, and cooked medium at most.

Computer and cell phone...how you gonna access the B&P? Dealer aint gonna fax it to you.

Ford Bronco Let's Be Honest About Our Intended Use tenor

Wrongco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Mustang Mach-e GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This will be my girl's ride, she has a Mini Cooper now and it's her fourth one. Tired of paying crazy upkeep costs on a small car. A Jeep caught her eye a while back and I was like oh hey you know the Bronco is coming out so I showed her a few pictures and she was in. Plus we have the 2.7 EB in our F-150 now and since that's been good to us it is a plus that the same motor will be available in the Bronco.

She is enjoying the community and excitement around the Bronco now and is very excited about getting hers and already planning some mods lol. We do go off-roading in our truck now but mostly it is nice to have the high clearance and durability.

This will be a dog transporter and weekend get-away rig for us.

Sponsored

lallamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota 4Runner Trail
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mostly on normal streets....but I always love to just be able to go anywhere. No MOAB stuff...but trails, muddy dirt roads, hill, etc. (mild to moderate stuff)

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I find it hilarious that I am seeing advertisements for the local mall while reading this thread!

For what it is worth my Bronco will be a beach cruiser and will be topless and doorless 360 days per year.

Screenshot_20200902-081151__01.jpg

Barrett

Badlands
First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK4 R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Split between a Wildtrack and Badlands. This will be my daily driver but I currently do a fair bit in the mountains a couple times a month. Leaning more toward Wildtrack because it will likely be cheaper than an optioned Badlands and I don't think I'll really need Rock crawl mode and the disconnects even in Colorado. I do plan to take the Bronco up Slaughterhouse Gulch and Red Cone within the first year.

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The plan is a DD for the wife she has always wanted a Jeep....But our house is a Ford only house. We want take it out west to national parks for vacations and maybe light off roading. Definitely not gonna use it to its full potential, but last time I checked this is America.

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 volvo 242
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just want to be able to drive across the state of Washington in a snow storm
Sponsored