Let's Be Honest About Our Intended Use

Raziel66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is what's giving me pause. I have a four door Jeep but didn't get one that was souped up so I'm looking at having to pony up some cash to get my Altitude edition ready to tow and able to hit some of the better trails. Jumping to the Bronco would get me something that fixes some of my Jeep complaints, a warranty, and something more capable out of the box.

The pricing survey was definitely more expensive than I was hoping so I'm at a cross roads of "Do I need off roading? Or just something to get me to a place to hike/kayak/camp?". There's a lot of capable vehicles for less and with the jump to electric... I could look towards a Tesla or newer vehicle. It's a tough choice.
Sponsored

A_Locke

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius, 1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I plan on getting a Badlands and plan on Daily Driving my vehicle.

I fully intend to take the vehicle to Silver Lake Sand Dunes, Holly ORV Park, Drummond Island or the UP a few times per year. I'd also like to take 1 more serious multi-day off-roading trip per year.

I do realize that I probably don't need the Badlands trim. But I really like the high package and plan on off-roading enough where the Outer Banks would not be enough capability.

Shirt8u1

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know what I'm NOT going to d
Unlike many people here, I don’t care about the Bronco specifically, or Ford.
I have a recent AWD SUV and we go wild camping and overlanding most weekends and vacation so a lot. More times than not I have been fully blocked because of our SUV. Not enough clearance here, lack of crawl ability there etc. I have 0 interest in off roading, I just want to go to the Most scenic and remote places in CO, UT etc.

So I know a SUV doesn’t cut it. I looked into more offroad capable vehicle like the Grand Cherokee but it’s very old and the new gen is not close to be available. Same with the 4Runner. I tried the new Defender and like it, but it’s 60K for my build and bad reliability. The defender would have been perfect since it will also be our Daily driver.
we tried the Wrangler but it’s too off road focuses with the dual solid axles. A Bronco Sport Badlands with bigger tires could be ideal considering the videos we have seen it’s more than capable but it’s way too small, we need a lot more cargo room.

So the only option left is a Bronco. And I love the style so I though why not. Then about the trim it will be either an Outer Banks with 33” tires or a Wildtrack because I would be very very upset to spend 50K and still be blocked on a trail due to lack of capability. I don’t need the Badlands sway bar disco though.

So here you go, that’s my “honest” analysis of what I need and how I got there.
Get the Wildtrak..
Have fun.

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is going to be my extra for fun/weekend vehicle.
Will likely do light off roading. Nothing near moab type rock crawling.

I'm getting black diamond Sasquatch/V6/hardtop because I love the way it looks. Very little to do with "needing" any of it. Hell no one "needs" an extra vehicle just for fun. But that is exactly what this is going to be. I will also have the roof and grill painted white for the same reason.
This is going to be my extra for fun/weekend vehicle.
Will likely do light off roading. Nothing near moab type rock crawling.

I'm getting black diamond Sasquatch/V6/hardtop because I love the way it looks. Very little to do with "needing" any of it. Hell no one "needs" an extra vehicle just for fun. But that is exactly what this is going to be. I will also have the roof and grill painted white for the same reason.
Im with you except for the SAS IF..... IF.....IF.... Ford allows the 33’s as an option on the BD. I’m certain they won’t, thus my indecisiveness. I have enough stress in my life, so the vinyl/ rubber is a must. My OCD will end me if I have to freak out with every potential sprinkle. My wife and I work together/ drive together. The Yukon takes care of that. This is for fun. My 16 yr old is getting my Ridgeline. I want the “look” without a bunch equipment to worry about maintaining. Will the SAS or Badlands suspensions require much maintenance?

Ford Bronco Let's Be Honest About Our Intended Use DE6E6D83-9857-4A2A-A4ED-73AC2DC03AD3

Last edited:

Canuck

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 10th anniversary rubicon unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 door badlands with Sasquatch for myself. Will be my dd, as well as running mountain trails, overlanding and adventure rig.

Sponsored

Phil_68w10

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In all honesty, I'm most likely going down to a 2 door base from the 4 door Big Bend I've got. May get the 2.3 4 banger to save. And probably get a Ford Factory lift if it's available upon ordering. If not, it'll be bone stock outside of maybe the roof rack and bumper. Then I'll just add some aftermarket goodies to it.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my plan is to get a base 2.7 sasquatch then put 31's and run scca rallycross in it set up like a bowler or rally raid style truck. and winter commuter.

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My long run on motorcycles, on and off road is coming to an end in the next 4-5 years. And when younger I used to be a mountain bike racer and backpacker. The Wildtrak will serve as my overland camping and off road exploring platform. The comfort options I am adding are to encourage my wife to come along on this next chapter of my life. I am in my 60's now, but the adventurous spirit is as strong as ever.

I won't pamper it and I will not care about dings and scratches. I'll enjoy it to the fullest extent.

Cheers!

Last edited:

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2 door Wildtrak lux package. prob going to cost me nearly 60 total in the end.
Honestly, I don't think I will ever take it seriously offroading. Maybe driving it on grass or curbs that is about it. It will be my sports convertible car for good days, my snowmobile for blizzard days. I have another car for daily.

Sponsored

RX8

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I might drive over a few parking lot stops or curbs every now and then, just because I can.

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m going Outer Banks, daily driver to and from work( the hospital - 100 mile round trip per day) and on my free time I’ll go to Costco, beach , camping and who knows what else. I’m looking to try something out of my comfort zone for sure and “off road” somewhere! Since my husband wants no part of it I’ll be making some fun plans and leave him drooling on the driveway at my adventures! Lol ?. Since I prob can’t see over the steering wheel I’ll definitely have some fun with curbs and parking blocks! Wooo hooo ?

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Whatever gets me closer to this. I'm building an overloading rig so the OB seems like the perfect match for daily driving and occasional overloading trips.

Ford Bronco Let's Be Honest About Our Intended Use Bronco_CarbonizedGray_WhiteTop_BlackTurbomac
Ohhhhh THATS PRETTY!!!!! ?

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll play:

2-door.

49% chance of a Sasquatched Black Diamond, 51% chance of a Badlands - (originally 20/80 until the survey and the premium add-on prices given on the options)

This will double as a daily driver and adventure vehicle for my wife and I.

I will meet up with my brother and his Rubicon to drive through the mud and through Hardrock in Ocala (see Youtube).

We will make plans to go to Georgia, the Carolinas and maybe Texas within the first 3 years of ownership. Eventually, we will go farther and further.

Will I go on the Rubicon trail? Unlikely - but I can't say no. We will go out west and drive through some trails - maybe light, maybe heavy? Yes.

I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. But most of the time the Bronco will have the roof and doors off and my wife and I will be driving down oak lined roads and just enjoying the moment.

steevenk

Black Diamond
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Live in Chicago and family in WI so I like to always have one nice winter capable vehicle. Will most likely trade in the Subaru Forester XT and it will be my DD.

Probably no rock climbing. I love dispersed national forest camping so plenty of service roads, and the ones I have frequented couldn't be traversed in a sedan. Lots of long weekend camping, hiking, fishing and kayaking throughout midwest.

We also do one long 2 week road trip per year, and for that I have a lifted AWD Astro Van converted into a camper. That may continue to be the road trip vehicle when pavement is the plan, and the Bronco will take over for trips that will be off pavement (or i might sell the van, or I might sell it and get a larger van, not sure).

I had a Jeep drive up to our campsite in New Mexico and he just stared for like 10 seconds at the van before he asked if that is what I drove up their. I picked that exact site because the trail became boulders immediately after. It would have been nice to have the Bronco on that trip.

So with all that, I have spent the last year searching all over for the perfect XJ or LC or LX or SR5. But instead, I reserved the 4 Dr Black Diamond 2.3L and I have slowly been thinking of switching to a Base with Sasquatch and possibly the 2.7L (but I am leaning towards Manual). I want the goodies from the Sas but I am thinking of trading those tires locally with someone to get 32 or 33s. I love the look with the BD wheels. Probably add hard top and steel front bumper with skid plates. So I am still all over the place with what I want.
Sponsored

Last edited: