Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Depends on if I'm moving to NorCal or not. If I stay in SoCal, I'll have the desert to play in and all sorts of local trails. I'm not sure what its like up north, but I'd imagine I'd probably do more camping up there, so maybe I'd give it more of an overlander vibe than desert truck.

In all honesty though, it'll end up being my daily either way and will mostly see asphalt.
Sponsored

tomwill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My wife and I are both retired public school teachers, who love to travel and camp. At the top of our bucket list is to visit every National Park of the United States. We have 12 National Parks left to see in the lower forty eight. There is also the very lofty goal of driving to Alaska, to visit the 8 National Parks there. We need to replace our current overlanding vehicle, with a vehicle that is both pragmatic and comfortable. As much as we enjoy camping in the back country, driving the back roads of America has some feature requirements, for both safety and comfort. I think that the OBX, Sasquatch and Hi Lux package would be the ideal replacement for our FJ Cruiser.
Ford Bronco Let's Be Honest About Our Intended Use 2013-09-05 15.43.45

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

BB with 2.7 auto and mid or OBX.
DD to and from work, a little beach and a few trips upstate NY. Hand me down to son eventually.

amon

Wildtrak
First Name
Amon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Montero
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am mainly getting the Bronco with the bigger tires because we have potholes so big they have their own zip codes. They will sideline your vehicle in an instant.
Plus...floods from tropical storms and stuff.
Ford Bronco Let's Be Honest About Our Intended Use pr_potholes_are_no_joke

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 Door Wildtrak. It's gonna be my beastly Daily Driver. Mix of highway and dirt road to and from work each day. I'm also going to hunt down some nice muddy areas and go a little crazy from time to time.

Sponsored

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many of us are going to spend $50k-$60k on a totally optioned out off-road trim and go out to the trails to beat on it like it's a 30 year old Toyota?
??‍♂

See profile pic for proof I’ll straight send it. Anybody wanting a badlands suspension soon after launch hang tight. There are a handful of future ex-raptor owners, myself included, planning on ripping the stock suspension off and throwing mid-travel on them as soon as something is available.

LolaD

Outer Banks
First Name
Lola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

LolaD

Outer Banks
First Name
Lola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm getting my OBX and going back to work so I can pay for it. It'll be a daily driver. I won't even think of taking it to collect my kids from college because there's not enough packing space. I want one, so, I'm getting one. ?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4D Badlands with Sasquatch for me and LUX because I want the stereo. Equally for looks and practicality and being future proof, I'm not a fan of wrenching, would have to invest a bundle in the right tools first, I'd rather do something else with that money.
It'll be mostly my DD, which is usually between 5-10 miles, if that but then I plan to take us to the Sierras, BLM land and definitely to Moab and state/natl parks all over the West Coast. I still dream of doing a trip across the country, or better, around, maybe up to Canada and SA. And maybe I'll try the Rubicon someday, but in general I'll prefer trails that I can't walk faster than drive I think.

I'm a bit disappointed that it might be too small to sleep in the back (I'm 6'3'') but I have slept in my Taco bed for a night here and there. Not particularly comfortable but ok for a night.

And while I generally like the idea of a roof top tent a lot, I'm not going to put one on a convertible, at least not permanently. But I'll explore all that down the road.

I'm a bit miffed at the supposed price for dual tops, hoping that 3+k was a typo in that survey, otherwise I'll stick with soft top first for easy on/off and everything is with me all the time practicality, which rules out a RTT anyways. Maybe I'll build a little overland trailer with kitchen and RTT instead, which I'd prefer in a way anyways, set up base camp and go explore during the day.

But first I have to get the Bronco into my driveway :)

Reactions: Wyo

Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It'll most likely sit in the driveway as I have a car for work. Also a Ford. Hopefully we start camping again. But it will still be the open air adventure machine!!!

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
4-Door Badlands squatched and it will not be my daily driver. I plan on some Overlanding, camping, skiing etc. I did a lot of rock crawling for many years and already know it will not be rock crawling vehicle I am accustomed to beating on the rocks. I am in a different state of mind now focused on the family and not my purchasing it for my adrenaline appetite.

robo

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi hatch, CG 2022 Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Retirement adventure vehicle.
Planning on a non-squatched Badlands.
Camping, overlanding, fun trails, but nothing super extreme.
Had a Chev Z-71 pickup back in the 90s that I did some light wheeling in. Really enjoyed it!
Hoping to hold on to my Subie STi hatch for carving the twisties.

Reactions: Wyo

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine will be used. It will not be a daily driver but a toy just like my Raptor was for 7 years. I love exploring new areas and I need a vehicle that is nearly impossible to get stuck like my 68 Bronco. I'm counting on the new Bronco to have a lot of that heritage or I'll be disappointed. It needs to be able to handle mud and stay on the road when the roads become nearly impassible and it needs to be able to handle lots of snow! I know what my 68 can handle so this one better be able to match up when the snow is 2 to 3 feet deep! Can't wait to compare!
Sponsored