First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Charger Daytona / 03 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Daily driver with occasional light off-road use. It's actually harder to find trails and such in NH than you'd think. The roads here are bad enough that I consider myself to off-road every day really.
Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Most of my driving will be on local roads, with some off road treks to hiking trails, landscape photo spots and other points of interest. Wife will be driving it to exercise class in the winter.

NHCheef

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI, '13 VW Sportwagen TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Daily driver with occasional light off-road use. It's actually harder to find trails and such in NH than you'd think. The roads here are bad enough that I consider myself to off-road every day really.
I've been searching for routes on Vermont's Class IV roads and NH's equivalent Class VI roads. From what I've seen, some look pretty damn gnarly. Especially in Vermont. I'll most likely start out by exploring dirt back / logging roads that I know pretty well in Coos county (in-laws live up there) before thrashing my $45k truck down some of the tougher stuff.

To answer the OP, my Bronco will serve part time DD duty / inclement weather commuting duty majority of the time. Lots of trips to the mountain bike trail heads, backpacking and camping trips on the weekends during the warmer months and hauling up to the mountains for skiing in the winter. I'm hoping the Bronco opens the door to more remote places for camping and backpacking. I doubt I'll get deep into overlanding but who knows at this point.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wholly expect I'll use the Bronco like I use my Jeep. Mostly on the hwy, and some light off roading. I don't have enough experience to do any real off roading, but with enough of the light stuff my get up to the moderate level. However, I don't have any problem driving right into the Starbucks parking lot, and mixing it up with the Soccer Mom's fighting for a Mocha Latte after pilate's. :)

Ipe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, Expedition, Defender, JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco will be a toy/weekend run about. My daily driver is an F350 and the Bronco doesn't have the muscle and heft to replace that. The Bronco may see some light wheeling but mostly it'll see frost heaves. If I need harder wheeling I'll go with my son in my old JK. I'm hoping that the "position sensitive dampers" on the Badlands will translate to a kind of bypass shock. That would be awesome!

Sponsored

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm a filmmaker and we sometimes shoot deep off road. I currently have a newer Prius, so I'll miss the 50-60mpg, but I am excited to potentially mount a camera gimble or small crane onto the back of a Bronco with the roof off! Also the hero Sheriff from JAWS had an old Chevy Blazer and the new Bronco is closer to that look than even the new Blazer!

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live on an island with beach 4x4 access although its pretty limited. I fish the surf probably 100 trips a season so I would use the Bronco for that but mostly topless On Road driving. Im interested in taking some road trips in the northeast to play on some trails too.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may never crawl over a rock in mine. But I wanted:
-Manual transmission
-Ability to tow a 1.5 ton utility trailer
-Ground clearance and 4WD for snowy days (preferably with an automatic transfer case)

The Taco is the same basic truck as 15 years ago (and drives like it), and the Wrangler has horrific steering and the 'Stellantis' ownership experience (whatever that is, it isn't good). So it's Bronco by process of elimination, unless they botch the chassis/powertrain/7MT/whatever, then I'll give up on the manual transmission 4x4 dream and fulfill my Rivian pre-order. I just can't buy a slushbox vehicle, but I could deal with an EV.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S (Willys Sport)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel like I'm one of the outliers you speak of. I had a JL Rubicon leased and did some of the craziest most difficult trails here in Colorado. To name a few: Imogene Pass, Poughkeepsie Gulch, and BLACK BEAR PASS. I am hooked!!!

I've always been into camping, backpacking, and survival and this vehicle looks like, if modded, it would become an old friend worthy of every excursion. I will probably end up buying an older JK but not if I get my JL Rubi stock needs met within budget. I really think the Base model with the Sasquatch package could do it. We will see.

Sponsored

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4, Tesla Model Y, 2021 Bronco 4D BLSQTCH
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’ll be my daily.... and may get up to Lake Tahoe - but won’t be doing the nearby rubicon… maybe some car camping here and there but 99% will be on road miles.

and I’m going badlands, squatch, Lux.

see you in the grocery store parking lot.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S (Willys Sport)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I may never crawl over a rock in mine. But I wanted:
-Manual transmission
-Ability to tow a 1.5 ton utility trailer
-Ground clearance and 4WD for snowy days (preferably with an automatic transfer case)

The Taco is the same basic truck as 15 years ago (and drives like it), and the Wrangler has horrific steering and the 'Stellantis' ownership experience (whatever that is, it isn't good). So it's Bronco by process of elimination, unless they botch the chassis/powertrain/7MT/whatever, then I'll give up on the manual transmission 4x4 dream and fulfill my Rivian pre-order. I just can't buy a slushbox vehicle, but I could deal with an EV.
I don't know bro. When you say "Wrangler" it's tough. I feel like people should take that with a grain of salt. Maybe the TJ and JK but the new JL's have great handling. I've been on everything in them. 27-degree pitch with 23-degree roll over some chunky boulders that I wouldn't trust in almost any other vehicle, and then 80mph on a windy 75mph highway coming down the mountain. Zero issues with steering.

I hope they don't botch the drivetrain myself. Chassis looks like a strong point.

Mr.Pike17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 sante fe awd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My res is for the 4Dr Black diamond, i mainly chose this trim as i do a lot of fishing, so it will be towing my boat almost every weekend or i'm fishing a river or stream and i get muddy so the marine seats and rubber floor is a must for me. I've also caught the overland bug and would like to do some serious off grid trips in northern Ontario mostly.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lord willing loaded badsquatch with some ford performance accessories. Will be hitting up the local malls ASAP

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gonna drive it up over rocks, slide it across some boulders, and hopefully ford some water...at the off roadeo in Austin in their test vehicle. :sneaky:

Besides daily driving, I'm gonna detail mine, add ppf, and take it on some trails.
Sponsored