Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
After seeing people asking about is the 2.3/2.7 good enough, I'm starting to wonder if they're even interested in modding, and if so, what?

So, here we are with this new thread, asking the simple question, are you modding and if so, what?

I'm hardly keeping it stock, how about you?
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Depending on trim I will be going with new rims/tires and a lift if I need it. Maybe add the bash plates in certain spots. Don't think it needs much else.

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It took me 4 years to modify my current truck, I used to switch it up basically every year with things done to my trucks but now I have more important things to spend money on lol. Maybe some minor things but unknown at this time.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Like the answers so far

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'd be good with a Ford tune on the 2.3 to be able to keep the warranty. Still planning on a BL and feel it's more capable than I'll ever be so I'll stick with that. Other mods will just be cosmetic depending on what they are/available.

Sponsored

Deleted member 9490

Im torn on fully modifying my First edition (Long travel, bubble fenders, etc) and keeping it forever or leaving it stock and trading it for the Warthog as soon as it comes out.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I'd be good with a Ford tune on the 2.3 to be able to keep the warranty. Still planning on a BL and feel it's more capable than I'll ever be so I'll stick with that. Other mods will just be cosmetic depending on what they are/available.
Sounds good, I'd just recommend an Intercooler, charge pipes and oil catch can just to be extra safe, especially for the summer months if you push it a bit

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've been down the rabbit hole with mods..it never ends.
I want to keep this one as stock as possible with perhaps only a mild lift to fit 37's. If it is too much drama, will stay 35's and be happy (enough).

Edit..will still do mods for roof rack, lights, amor, etc, but want to try and stay away from major stuff. Frame cutting, beating back pinch welds, etc....

Last edited:

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never been into modding any of my vehicles unless you consider adding OEM roof rails and trailer hitch as modding.

I don't expect to do much more than OEM type stuff that adds functionality.

* disclaimer - this could all change with the Bronco because it is so easy to mod. Time will tell.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im torn on fully modifying my First edition (Long travel, bubble fenders, etc) and keeping it forever or leaving it stock and trading it for the Warthog as soon as it comes out.
That is a tough one, I'd love to learn more about the Warthog myself

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will more than likely do improvements to the intake and exhaust sides of things followed by a tune. I've done that in the majority of my non-boring rides. Add a catch-can to keep DI issues at bay.

Visually? Not a whole lot. I'm going with a fairly tame color in Carbonized so may bring some Cyber Orange or A51 to the exterior with a stripe or small details picked out (tow hooks, etc.). The Squatch wheels are forged so I'll probably stick with them. I prefer the look of the Raptor/Warthog wheels so I could see myself swapping to them. I find the vast, vast majority of off-road oriented aftermarket wheels to be an effing tragedy to the eyes.

The biggest changes will be what I need to hit the road for camping/overlanding.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, I have some plans for day 1. Hard to say exactly how far I will go or need to go until I get it. I'm doing the mansquatch for the better front axle and gears so at least that should be good from day 1. Hard to say if the suspension will stay or go. Eventually it will be replaced, the question is when. Interior will be modified to fit my needs. Again, hard to say just what that will mean, but I do know rear seats will come out.

I will start making changes to fit me as soon as I get it. I've never understood those who say they want to drive it 4 or 5 years as is, then make it how they want it. Why wait?

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm leaning toward the 2.7 and will get a tune if ford offers it. If not I'll wait a year or so and then get an aftermarket tune. I'll get a high flow air filter to go along with the tune. Other than that I'll keep the 35s. Maybe some fenders if the SAS fenders are too ugly.

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Once the bug starts..you know the rest.

That's why I plan on enjoying stock for awhile and gauge what needs to be improved by ear.

Can't hammer a nail unless you got plywood! iono just made this up
Sponsored