Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

getting a 4 door Badlands, Still deciding on squatch or not but either way mods in my future:

35s immediately after delivery if I don’t squatch
2-2.5” suspension lift
wheels
hidden CB and antenna
Hidden On board air
driving / trail led lights - waiting to see what aftermarket will be available (but not a full light bar over the windshield, not into those)
winch - but only if I can get one that does not cover the Bronco lettering on the grill, prefer one built into the number as opposed to on a platform
ford looks to have some nice accessories so will see what is on that list
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I go Black Diamond, I’m upgrading the suspension after I hit 36k miles. 2.5 lift or so with 35s.

If I go Basesquatch then I’ll add rock rails and some other armor pretty soon after getting it. Other than that I probably won’t touch anything for quite some time. Or until the SAS suspension goes bad.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My preference with modding vehicles is to have a "custom factory" look - in that it's unique, but looks like it could come from the factory that way. So basically tasteful upgrades.

So initial thoughts - some more immediate, some "down the road/maybe":

1) window tint 100% must - i'll match the fronts to the factory tint in the back, and consider the windshield in the same 70% I got on my Mustang (but with a more upright windshield, I may not do this - it definitely helps with the heat, though)
2) rear bumper? Wildtrak comes with the atrocious plastic rear bumper. I'm still crossing my fingers that the steel rear is included when you get the modular front, but not hopeful. If it doesn't, I'd like to upgrade to the steel rear via parts department (not looking forward to how much that'll probably be).
3) Tune - after being spoiled by the 5.0, I'm probably going to want more power despite the 2.7
4) Intake/exhaust? Not sure about these, but they're on the consideration list.
5) Tinting the front side marker light black so it blends with the gloss black grille.
6) Fog lights - when getting the modular grille, you lose the fogs, so I'd like to get something that integrates into it nicely (I'd love for them to fit in the triangle on the corners, mounted to the top so you could still take the lower corners off)
7) Accessories - don't know if these qualify as "mods", but I'd like to get some of the accessories offered from the factory - namely, the tailgate, and probably that drop down tray on the swinggate. Hard to say what else in this category since we don't know what's available yet.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whatever is needed & makes it easier to let me run the trails I want to run and get to the places I want to go while enabling me to enjoy it. Time will tell as I build it out finding what works & what does not.

Sponsored

niknailor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, my idea was a "Baby Raptor" build, so....yeah? :ROFLMAO:

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would love to add one of these under the seats since I am going base model, but alas....Damn air vents under there....

Ford Bronco Let's cut to the chase, who's modding? 917lLlFfvrL._AC_SL1500_

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very basic mods, tint, tire cover, cube lights on cowl and front bumper. May consider a sunrider top or the Clearlidz sunroof panel. Could be a few other things once accessories list comes out. Hopefully some fancy carpeted mats and a way to add ambient lighting to the cupholders.

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I answered "Just enough for offroading" but I'm lying to myself. I'm pretty set on the basemansquatchbearpig so that covers suspension and wheel/tires. I'd like an OEM+ setup to include an FRPP tune, exhaust system, snorkel(?), roof rails/safari rack, steel front and rear bumpers and maybe some farkles on the interior. Nothing too wild but just enough to make it my own ?.

I did the same thing on my JK. It started out as a low optioned Sport and ended up with a mild lift, 33s, bumpers and too much other stuff lol.

The day I brought it home in Sep 2012:
Ford Bronco Let's cut to the chase, who's modding? 2012-10-14_18-01-12_58

The day I sold it in Dec 2018:
Ford Bronco Let's cut to the chase, who's modding? 20181209_145443

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on showing up at the dealership for delivery with my new wheels. Hopefully can get the service dept to swap the tires and TPMS to the new wheels for free that day. I find all the factory wheels atrocious. Black wheels are sooooo 2015. Then drive it home, remove top and grill and paint Oxford white.

Sponsored

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t plan to mod it too much since it will be my DD too.

I am going badlands/Squatch/lux so I don’t have to mod much with wheels, suspension, armor, etc....still have no idea on color or MT or 2.7 with AT. If I go 2.3 I may mod a little to get some more hp, but probably not if I go 2.7....I want it more for overlanding, so I know I will add some of the accessories lights, cargo management system.....can’t stand the stock roof rails, so need to find a real safari rack system that will hold more weight and maybe a little higher so I can take second row panel off too, a bigger rooftop tent, a winch, but not fords accessory...like someone mentioned above, I want one that’s in or flat on the bumper and doesn’t block forward camera and bronco lettering...and if no white top...I will have to figure out how to make mine white, and will probably have the roll bars painted white as well...may take the grill off and sand paint off and finish it in brushed metal or buy an aftermarket already done

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Does a giant Maryland flag vinyl across the entire front end count as modding?