DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve lasted like 5,000 miles before modding my last 2 turbo cars so this will likely be the same.

swapping Squatch wheels and tires out
do something with the base grill
waterproof seat covers
maybe remove carpet

in time, will do full stage 3 protune on the 2.3... intercooler, downpipe, probably accessport, maybe Port injection kit, E85 conversion. Built engine, big turbo, beefy transmission. Will see. It will be fun and I‘m hoping the Bronco is a keeper.
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a badlands reserved, but am most likely going basesquatch. I like to mod.

Must have mods:

Bumpers
Lights
Rock rails
engine (2.7 + bolt-ons, E85, etc)
Wheels (then tires after they wear out)
grille
bash plates

Probably will swap or re-cover seats somehow. Remove carpet probably. the hardtop will get vinyl wrapped or painted white.

At most I may go Black Diamond to get the mid package and have rubber floors already along with marine vinyl seats. I'll sell the modular bumper, bash plates, and rock rails as I upgrade them.

BordFronco

Black Diamond
First Name
KG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I might go with Ford Performance tune if offered on my 2.7 Badlands. I'm still undecided if I'm going to Squatch it.

I have a 2012 Subie STi on which I put a full exhaust/highflow cat and a tune.
Then at 19k miles, the infamous ring land failure cyl 4 reared its ugly head.
New block needed.
I put it all back to stock, but somehow they knew of the tune and exhaust.
The dealer knew that particular failure was a common issue tho and went to bat for me with Subaru of America (which loves to void warranties)
It was a close call, but I got the new motor under warranty.

Therefore, I'll probably be more cautious with the Bronco. Will definitely add overlanding type stuff though.
I was told when I bought my WRX last year that their ECUs can track changes when they're tuned. I think there are some tunes that found a workaround but hearing that was enough to deter mods during warranty period.

Same thing with the Bronco. I'd do a Ford Performance tune on the 2.3L if they offer it (wish Subaru did this), but that's it.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm honestly debating if I just want a base so I can mod the heck out of it or just get a BD and go more modest.
I’m in the same boat. The 2dr Base is such an incredible deal, maybe just buy that in white and have a blank canvas. It would be fun having a project car to take your time with. I have three options all waiting on B&P.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I might go with Ford Performance tune if offered on my 2.7 Badlands. I'm still undecided if I'm going to Squatch it.

I have a 2012 Subie STi on which I put a full exhaust/highflow cat and a tune.
Then at 19k miles, the infamous ring land failure cyl 4 reared its ugly head.
New block needed.
I put it all back to stock, but somehow they knew of the tune and exhaust.
The dealer knew that particular failure was a common issue tho and went to bat for me with Subaru of America (which loves to void warranties)
It was a close call, but I got the new motor under warranty.

Therefore, I'll probably be more cautious with the Bronco. Will definitely add overlanding type stuff though.
yeah the EJ25 in the STi is prone to failures. I still have my 11 STi full bolt on E85 and have been lucky just passing 80k miles. it’s a keeper. Glad you got a new block under warranty. Did you keep it stock after that?

The ecoboost is new territory for me and I’ve read some instances of “Ecoboom” which is concerning but I will do a bunch of research and probably take my chances lol.

Sponsored

robo

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi hatch, CG 2022 Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah the EJ25 in the STi is prone to failures. I still have my 11 STi full bolt on E85 and have been lucky just passing 80k miles. it’s a keeper. Glad you got a new block under warranty. Did you keep it stock after that?

The ecoboost is new territory for me and I’ve read some instances of “Ecoboom” which is concerning but I will do a bunch of research and probably take my chances lol.
I stayed stock for a time to shake down the new engine. After a few thousand miles with none of the previous motor's check engine lights, and none of the oil burning, I went with a safe tune with the full 3" Miltek exhaust. (quietest 3" exhaust I've heard). 50k trouble free miles later and it's still strong, with numerous track days under its belt.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Current plan for aftermarket
- Coil over lift, Fox will have something I’m sure.
- front bumper with improved winch mount, Ford’s is a hard no.
- wheels & tires are Inevitable. I buy new tires every spring
- fold down tailgate table is a must, Ford’s is a miss.
-Maybe a snorkel or relocated air intake, last photo of the intake I saw looked like it was hungry for any water pushed up over the grill. TBD on that.
- other breathers may need to be moved, extended up
- Baja Design pods / ditch lights on base of A pillar
- Baja Design pods also likely in aftermarket front bumper
- small discrete rear facing dust light for Moab trips
Edit: oh, and tinting the front two windows is required
Edit #2: Sliders are TBD but I’m accustomed to proper frame mounted sliders that stick out slightly from side to provide additional protection & a step.
Dang this list is too long already! I told my wife I would not be doing major changes to this one. ?

Last edited:

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Voted maybe, when I had my mustangs they barely had 1k miles on them before I started doing stuff to them. But that was before wife and kids lol. I am total noob to the off road scene so ill probably just enjoy it the way it comes from the factory for a good bit of time first.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Depending on trim I will be going with new rims/tires and a lift if I need it. Maybe add the bash plates in certain spots. Don't think it needs much else.
Seems like the Base Manual Sasquatch at $35K is an awesome deal... because, you have a set of factory "MODs" covered under the warranty, and you can just upgrade from there over time. Best of both worlds.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a manual transmission convertible mustang. I bought a second set of wheels/tires. That is it.

Things will likely be different with the Bronco.

Sponsored

TroutTrooper

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fiesta ST, 2001 Jeep Wrangler, 1988 Ranger (SVO swap), 1974 Super Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sure the 2.3 will get it's share of mods eventually. I've been beating on the 1.6 in my "stage 3" Fiesta ST for over 140k and haven't done anything other than service it.

First order of business will be to remove the rear seats (2 door) and hope that a company like Decked makes a load bearing storage box with sliding drawers to take their place. Removing one seat and using a half-size box would also be a neat option.

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

4 door base in manual squatch is what I would like from the factory, as for all the other fun bolt on stuff I will rely on the aftermarket to personalize it.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Accessories like bumpers, lights, winch, skids for sure. Probably at least a mild tune. We'll see from there.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t have to race to enjoy adding some power mods to your car or truck. More functional than a lot of other mods people do.
Sponsored