Sponsored

Lets discuss why there should/not be a v8 option!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

:LOL: This thread is late to the party. Pull up a chair and read the other threads about this.
Sponsored

NathanML

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Corvette / Royal Enfield Continental GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They could have just used the exact mustang powertrains and everybody would have been thrilled

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I call bullsh*t on Chevy 4x4 Crew Cabs v8s getting mid twenties. Maybe at 50 mph on flat ground. If there is no mileage penalty and manufacturers can put big v8 engines in 4x4 crew cans, why did Chevy introduce a turbo 4 in the full size? Never mind, this is a conversation going nowhere.
🤣 You can call it whatever you want, it’s what I achieve time after time. The penalty of course is that the 5.3L is the weakest V8 on the market.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 7.3L Tremor is the only competitor I’m considering against the Bronco.
The Tremor is a great choice if you can find one. The Diesels are 90 plus percent of them around here and they sell fast. I had to order my 7.3. Worth every penny and the wait.

The wife took my Bronco reservation so I got the Tremor. Its so rough making sure she stays happy.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

🤣 You can call it whatever you want, it’s what I achieve time after time. The penalty of course is that the 5.3L is the weakest V8 on the market.
You must have the magic model, no test, no rating reports 25 mpg on the highway for a 4x4 crew cab 5.3l V8. And it still won’t keep up with my 2.7 in a drag race. Good for you!

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You must have the magic model, no test, no rating reports 25 mpg on the highway for a 4x4 crew cab 5.3l V8. And it still won’t keep up with my 2.7 in a drag race. Good for you!
Doesn’t matter much, the 2.7L before this truck left me stranded near Chicago with a turbo failure. Still waiting for my first turbo failure on the 5.3l...

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Tremor is a great choice if you can find one. The Diesels are 90 plus percent of them around here and they sell fast. I had to order my 7.3. Worth every penny and the wait.

The wife took my Bronco reservation so I got the Tremor. Its so rough making sure she stays happy.
What trim level did you go with, I was set on the XLT but I’m seeing people leave the dealer with Lariat 7.3L for less than 60k.

I’m also interested in the new 2022 upgrades they previewed which might push back my decision.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What trim level did you go with, I was set on the XLT but I’m seeing people leave the dealer with Lariat 7.3L for less than 60k.

I’m also interested in the new 2022 upgrades they previewed which might push back my decision.
F-250 7.3, Lariat, Ultimate Package, Tremor and a few other options for $60K and change under X-Plan. A few days later Ford ran a X-Plan promo and it would have been under $59K. Skip all the options on a Lariat Tremor and you should be around $57K with a little work and an order, X-Plan or not.

Go here https://www.fordtremor.com/ (Ford Tremor Forum). There's a wealth of information. 2022 order books open March 15 so order after Tuesday. Shop around.

So if Ford can do a Godzilla, 10 speed, Super Dana 60 with a new design limited slip, metric Dana rear with a locker, 35" tires, and all the Lariat fixings for $60K on a F-250 why can't they do loaded V8 Bronco for under $75K to go head to head with Jeep?

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
F-250 7.3, Lariat, Ultimate Package, Tremor and a few other options for $60K and change under X-Plan. A few days later Ford ran a X-Plan promo and it would have been under $59K. Skip all the options on a Lariat Tremor and you should be around $57K with a little work and an order, X-Plan or not.

Go here https://www.fordtremor.com/ (Ford Tremor Forum). There's a wealth of information. 2022 order books open March 15 so order after Tuesday. Shop around.

So if Ford can do a Godzilla, 10 speed, Super Dana 60 with a new design limited slip, metric Dana rear with a locker, 35" tires, and all the Lariat fixings for $60K on a F-250 why can't they do loaded V8 Bronco for under $75K to go head to head with Jeep?
That’s really good pricing, did you order or take off the lot? Are you at a disadvantage in negotiating if you are ordering vs taking off the lot?

I feel with the Bronco there’s a lot of good but a lot of unavoidable bad parts. I see no down side to the Tremor 7.3L. That’s a lot of equipment for $60k.

Ive been on that forum on and off, the only downside to the tremor is that the Rims are narrow making tire options slim, but that isn’t tough to fix by any means.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s really good pricing, did you order or take off the lot? Are you at a disadvantage in negotiating if you are ordering vs taking off the lot?

I feel with the Bronco there’s a lot of good but a lot of unavoidable bad parts. I see no down side to the Tremor 7.3L. That’s a lot of equipment for $60k.

Ive been on that forum on and off, the only downside to the tremor is that the Rims are narrow making tire options slim, but that isn’t tough to fix by any means.
Order it. I ordered mine.

If I found one on a lot it was marked up a lot. I tried six different dealers and only two would deal. I would mention X-Plan, try for invoice, or mention allocation and the discussion would die. Email communication would stop.

The dealer that I got mine from said they sell before they get delivered. He said once the truck shows up on the Internet they start getting inquiries. True? I don't know and didn't really care. I could not find the exact configuration I wanted anywhere in the country. Ordering seemed to be the best solution.

I was there talking to him because they had a color I was considering and wanted to see in person and a 7.3 Fx4 I could test drive. I knew what I wanted after the test drive and told him I wanted to order it, X-Plan pricing, and let's do it. He started the "they're in high demand" speech. I handed him a printed build sheet from Build & Price and said our time is valuable, this is it. He said OK. 11 weeks later I picked it up.

I got a call on a Tuesday afternoon that my truck was delivered. I set an appointment for the next morning to pick it up. When I went to pick it up there were three Tremor's sitting there staged in the pick up area ready to go out. None showed an the Internet from Ford or the dealer. I asked and he said all were special orders, all were sold before delivery, and all were going out that day.

I guess you can be the guy that gets a screaming deal on one on the lot. I've never been that guy. Probably because I'm particular about what I want. So I end up ordering and get "fair" deals. Should sound familiar to a bunch of people reserving a Bronco that doesn't exist, ordering before they actually see one in person, and waiting waiting waiting.............................

evoaire

First Edition
First Name
Evoaire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe a bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That's unfortunate. An electric bronco would have more torque and likely an even more effective 4x4 system. If they could get the batteries lasting a bit longer or at least put a small gas charging motor in there it would be amazing. Would take that in a second above any current offerings, but unfortunately even if they do make one it will likely be way out of my price range.
More efective? Ugh, ok, better mount those batteries on the roof, for those water trails. One thing I learned along time ago, there is no one tool for every job. Every tool, vehicle, and even V8 engines will out perform the other depending on its strengths and what’s being asked of it. So for all you guys who seam to be gleaming about the decay of the V8, just know their are motorist options that will follow it to its grave. Maybe you don’t care, but some do.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More efective? Ugh, ok, better mount those batteries on the roof, for those water trails. One thing I learned along time ago, there is no one tool for every job. Every tool, vehicle, and even V8 engines will out perform the other depending on its strengths and what’s being asked of it. So for all you guys who seam to be gleaming about the decay of the V8, just know their are motorist options that will follow it to its grave. Maybe you don’t care, but some do.
I'm not gleaming about the decay of the v8, I'm simply suggesting a all electric drive train can react to the terrain far more effectively. Has nothing to do with the motor so much as it does the ability to spin each wheel independently. Yea as I also suggested, the batteries are still an issue but without all the drive train bits the battery can be mounted quite high, but still low enough to keep the center of gravity low. Waterproofing is not an issue otherwise. The big problem in my opinion is just battery life. No EV on battery power could last long enough and provide enough power to do any serious off roading, using currently available technologies.

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

6.7 Baby Godzilla is already promised to the Windsor engine plant. OHV engine is more compact and can pull 500HP naturally aspirated. Still a rough sell for the Ranger/Midsize chassis. Warthog is already verified as v6, very likely 3.0l. Sat next to one in person and chatted with the test engineer. He verified it was v6 and just smiled when I asked 3.0? I talked to a power train engineer a few weeks later, emissions testing on a motor that was said to be for the warthog. Didn’t have the power figures, bit mentioned it was a beast. 5.0 would need forced induction to meet those numbers. Even more expensive and harder to package. 5.0 advantage is primarily v8 sound. So, it’s possible, but not much upsides from 3.0 and 3.0 Hybrid.
Did he state the Hybrid as being one of those powertrains? Thats the one I want and makes sense to compete against Jeep and their numbers.
Sponsored