Sponsored

Lets discuss why there should/not be a v8 option!

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any push rod Ford V8 would fit without issue. Bring it on!
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did he state the Hybrid as being one of those powertrains? Thats the one I want and makes sense to compete against Jeep and their numbers.
He did not, although it's not much of a stretch, considering the Lincoln 3.oL Hybrid is already available. It is also mated to the same transmission and longitudinally mounted. It would be very competitive with the Hemi Jeep.

Turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 hybrid engine (494 hp, 630 lb-ft)

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

He did not, although it's not much of a stretch, considering the Lincoln 3.oL Hybrid is already available. It is also mated to the same transmission and longitudinally mounted. It would be very competitive with the Hemi Jeep.

Turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 hybrid engine (494 hp, 630 lb-ft)
Thanks for the reply. I know, I am crossing my fingers for the v6 Hybrid. There have been articles stating this was indeed happening, some spy shots with orange cables running underneath the back end.. Those numbers are quite nice.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the reply. I know, I am crossing my fingers for the v6 Hybrid. There have been articles stating this was indeed happening, some spy shots with orange cables running underneath the back end.. Those numbers are quite nice.
When I talked to the Warthog engineer, it was in front of the electrification and performance center. It would likely come out of that operation so maybe there is hope!

I am a bit down on the hybrid model in general, all the complication of two systems, without the efficiency gains of electric, but I am more and more impressed with the hybrid concept overall recently.

Sponsored

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

When I talked to the Warthog engineer, it was in front of the electrification and performance center. It would likely come out of that operation so maybe there is hope!

I am a bit down on the hybrid model in general, all the complication of two systems, without the efficiency gains of electric, but I am more and more impressed with the hybrid concept overall recently.
I am jealous! Man, I will be honest, I am always scrolling these forums for any news or info on the WH/Raptor. I would have loved to pick his brain.

Yes this is true. I can see where you are coming from. I do not know exactly what the gains would transfer over to the WH with vs the Aviator, pushing bigger tires, aerodynamics and all, but who knows? I just look at the 3.0 as not an exciting option to put in the Ford Performance version of this bronco when the Hybrid kinda spruces things up but thats just me and I know I am a minority as everyone would love to see a V8.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The 3.0 is a great motor and without the hybrid system could easily match and surpass the hemi numbers. Spend some time on the explorer ST forum and you will see it responds well to mods. I dont have a problem with hybrid but don't think it will suit my needs personally

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Tremor is a great choice if you can find one. The Diesels are 90 plus percent of them around here and they sell fast. I had to order my 7.3. Worth every penny and the wait.

The wife took my Bronco reservation so I got the Tremor. Its so rough making sure she stays happy.
My buddy has one.. No idea what trim but he does have the heated steering wheel? Which is reserved for a specific trim lvl? I can't recall.. It's in blue, lucky sob thinking about selling it back cuz of the demand.
Sponsored