Sponsored

Let's figure out how many of these have been produced.

OP
OP
rdass623

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

so maybe we are looking at digit 13 being a region code for delivery. with 14 -17 being an actual sequence number.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Four lieutenants pointing north! I mean that in the best way possible. :)

My VIN ends in the 72000 range. My production date is 7/19. There's no way 72000 Broncos have been produced prior to 7/19. And 79601 already got built...

My order number is 13XX. That's just not the number, either... I'm also looking at another window sticker with a 7/12 blend date and his VIN ends 79XXX. His order number was probably 4371 based on his window sticker.

There's a MIC number on the top left of the sticker. Michigan assembly plant is MIC and the number next to it is likely a sequential order or assembly (give or take, not 100% accurate, but relatively close). Also, when that number increments to 999999, they will restart with a new series.

I'm MIC-001509 for 7/19, so I'm figuring approximately 1500 production Broncos will have been built by the end of the week of 7/19.

This is entirely based on conjecture and some of my Aaaaaaarmy training in figuring things out.

I don't feel like doing a lot of analysis, but it's not following a specific pattern, but I suspect generated order sequences are moving around due to parts constraints.

MIC-001939 6/03
MIC-002219 6/14
MIC-000029 6/16
MIC-000069 6/16
MIC-000105 6/21
MIC-000193 6/21
MIC-000197 6/21
MIC-001014 6/22
MIC-003051 6/23
MIC-001028 7/12
MIC-001509 7/19

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

VIN will nothing to do with how many were produced. I’ve seen people delivered that had way higher vins than mine and I’ve had mine since April.

mootruck98

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if the first number is a planned production month.

6xxxx originally scheduled for june
7xxxx originally scheduled for july
8xxxx orginally scheduled for august
Etc etc.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

VIN's also typically *can't* increase strictly numerically, usually because of that nifty digit in the middle of the VIN, the check digit. For most manufacturers, the check digit is there as a function of a predetermined algorithm to prevent against VIN fraud, and to ensure that the VIN can *only* have come from the factory itself. i.e. simply increasing the digits in the last 6 without knowing what the check digit would need to come out to, leads to an invalid VIN.

tl;dr there's no rhyme or reason to VIN's, the monthly numbers show 800-ish for June, hopefully July is better.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The only numbers that make sense to me is that this being a 2021 model, the only “1” in my sequence is the first digit. So, that might signify the year. Next, my build is scheduled for August. The only “8” is the fifth digit from the left. So, that might be the month.🤷

OP
OP
rdass623

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

VIN's also typically *can't* increase strictly numerically, usually because of that nifty digit in the middle of the VIN, the check digit. For most manufacturers, the check digit is there as a function of a predetermined algorithm to prevent against VIN fraud, and to ensure that the VIN can *only* have come from the factory itself. i.e. simply increasing the digits in the last 6 without knowing what the check digit would need to come out to, leads to an invalid VIN.

tl;dr there's no rhyme or reason to VIN's, the monthly numbers show 800-ish for June, hopefully July is better.
the ending 6 digits of a vin are a sequence for production. the first 11 digits are specific across the make. here is a link of how ford has their vin structured.

*2021 VIN Guide (ford.com)

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

the ending 6 digits of a vin are a sequence for production. the first 11 digits are specific across the make. here is a link of how ford has their vin structured.

*2021 VIN Guide (ford.com)
Yes. I read it. Yes, it has check digits. Yes check digits are for validating VINs, yes they change inside every VIN dynamically.

The real question to ask yourself though is "will this get my truck here sooner?" And that answer is still a resounding no.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't necessarily work that way. Or you can wait until Ford releases month/quarterly/yearly production numbers and they will tell you.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rdass623

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only numbers that make sense to me is that this being a 2021 model, the only “1” in my sequence is the first digit. So, that might signify the year. Next, my build is scheduled for August. The only “8” is the fifth digit from the left. So, that might be the month.🤷
the (1fm) you refer to refers to the united states ford motor company. (wpo)is for germany porsche. (5te) toyota fremont california.

having conducted stolen vehicle investigations, i have a little familiarity.

the last six numbers are sequence numbers and may be non consecutive, but follow a specific sequence.

people who are assigned vins are with scheduled builds so fall within the sequence unless there is a delay, the vehicles should roll off of the assembly line in order. there are hidden vins on various components of vehicles to thwart criminals. a vehicle manufacturer does not randomly skip around with these numbers, there is a pattern it is pretty much figuring out how the coding is applied.

OP
OP
rdass623

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes. I read it. Yes, it has check digits. Yes check digits are for validating VINs, yes they change inside every VIN dynamically.

The real question to ask yourself though is "will this get my truck here sooner?" And that answer is still a resounding no.
nope, it won't get you your truck sooner, but it might help to figure out when it will get to you.... but wth, i have not heard a single reference to a wrinkled rear window on the soft tops for this entire thread...

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is absolutely nothing to figure out. This information is publicly released by Ford at the end of every month. It was a little more than 7,000 at end of June.

@Razorbak86 posts it on this forum every month.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...h-initial-bronco-sales-production-data.18697/

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. A lot easier to just look at the production numbers and know instead of guessing off a VIN number. My wife loves guessing games though, so maybe it's more fun this way.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My 70035 was in the second wave of VINs and is scheduled for next month. They most certainly will not build 70k before then.
My VIN is ends in 72497, which I received on 04/22 with a build date of 06/21, then it was pushed back to 07/12, then to 08/02, and now with a build day of 08/06. I have not been issued a window sticker, but I have my fingers crossed!
Sponsored