Hizero

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just my thoughts but no one knows anyone's personal or financial situation and as a group probably should not be critical of anyone wanting to go 36, 48, 82, 84, or 96 or more months. Each individual has their own income and credit scores and no 2 are the same. It's a personal choice. There are pros and cons to every type. Times have and continue to change. What we now pay for vehicles is what some paid for homes years back. Individuals should not be frowned upon for doing what they feel is best for themselves.
If you like being ripped off and paying more than you have too, 84mo is great!!!

there’s my .02 cents.
Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you like being ripped off and paying more than you have too, 84mo is great!!!

there’s my .02 cents.
So if you have 7% for 60 months or a special rate of 3% at 84 you'll still go with 60. Yup, great point you're making.......

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

there’s my .02 cents.

Haha you must not be good at math.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you’re going to come in here just to insert your personal opinion on others finances, just stop. There’s 5,789,465,678 other threads on this website you’ve all done that in.

NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR OPINION! Either add something of value or don’t comment.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good thread, WAY too early though. If I get low 2% next year I’ll be ecstatic, we’ll see about the rates at that point. I always calculate at 5% on car loan calculations so I’m always prepared to pay more and budget for more than I (most likely) need. Better than assuming I’ll be at 1.9% and end up only getting 3%

Sponsored
OP
OP
andi

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thank you all for sharing! I know it’s early for financing but it’s never to early to keep things in mind,
I originally made this thread so others can know good credit unions or banks and save some on their list when it’s comes time for delivery.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This thread is a great idea,maybe we can get some posts up for us Canadians also? Because 7% isn't going to cut it

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you’re going to come in here just to insert your personal opinion on others finances, just stop. There’s 5,789,465,678 other threads on this website you’ve all done that in.

NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR OPINION! Either add something of value or don’t comment.
Thank you all for sharing! I know it’s early for financing but it’s never to early to keep things in mind,
I originally made this thread so others can know good credit unions or banks and save some on their list when it’s comes time for delivery.
An important part of the rate game is making sure you have a good loan to value and debt to income balance. While a credit score is a factor in rates it is not the only thing to consider. The bank wants to see a proper balance and then people will get better rates. I've seen a 590 credit score get 0% and a 820 get denied. For credit unions... Navy fed has some of the best rates currently, but they all can change quickly.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread is a great idea,maybe we can get some posts up for us Canadians also? Because 7% isn't going to cut it
7%??? Yikes. I think I got a better rate than that when I was 18 and had no credit.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

84 months. geeze. talk about getting upside down on a car loan. I just can't see 84 months being a good thing at all.
Those individuals also don't understand the additional cost of gap insurance.

Sponsored

Greg Helmick

Big Bend
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So if you have 7% for 60 months or a special rate of 3% at 84 you'll still go with 60. Yup, great point you're making.......
Haha. Owned!!!!

dudleyln

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Chevy Traverse / 98 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

USAA as low as 2.89 for 60 months.

Greg Helmick

Big Bend
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Those individuals also don't understand the additional cost of gap insurance.
Let's talk about GAP. This was the first vehicle I didnt have to get GAP insurance. With my paid off trade in and down payment my loan was about 2/3 of the actual cost of the car. Therefore I didnt need it. You have to evaluate the current market on the car/value and how much your loan is for.

When I paid off my last vehicle I got a sizable check from Chrysler for the unused months of GAP insurance. Since I paid it off two years early, I got the total monthly cost of GAP insurance back for 24 months. So GAP insurance on an 84 month loan had no impact.

If you don't pay it off but your vehicle loan is less than the car is worth, you can cancel it.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Island Federal Credit union 2.89% @ 60. Let’s keep em coming till next year!

As far as financing goes, just do the math. People get emotional over this. A low interest 84 month loan scares people, but in reality the interest paid is probably only another $1500 over the entire loan vs a 48 month loan @ same interest rate. Ive never done an 84 month but 72 @ less than 2%, I will do all day long and put Very little down. Invest the cash instead at a higher return rate. You aren’t upside down because you have your cash!