First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those individuals also don't understand the additional cost of gap insurance.
Gap insurance? Lol. It’s like what $300-400 if you’re smart and don’t use the dealer. Nobody finance anything, gap will bankrupt you!
Sponsored

Hizero

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, here’s my positive addition:

If you need to finance a car for 84 months, you can’t afford it. No one likes to hear the truth but whatever. At least I can tell it the way it is.

WHY encourage someone that 84 months is the way to go when a vehicle depreciates 50% off the lot??

Honestly, OP, if someone is really telling you - 72/84 finance is for you, you’re just waiting for someone to tell you what you want to hear so you can justify an buying depreciating liability.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m putting 10k+ down, so I don’t think 84 months is that terrible
EXACTLY. it’s all about the equation. I’m putting 10+ Down too; and if some dude from some outta state CU wants to give me a bonkers % on an 84 then I might just do it. It won’t be upside down at any point at 12k miles per year.

Eric L.

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SQ5, 65 Mustang, 67 Coronet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since at this point I'm planning on buying from Granger I will give them a chance to get within a half point or so of my credit union. We're not talking about a big sum of money and to this point they've earned it. The difference between 3% and 3.5% for $30,000 @ 60 months is like $400.

Last edited:
OP
OP
andi

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you need to finance a car for 84 months, you can’t afford it. No one likes to hear the truth but whatever. At least I can tell it the way it is.

WHY encourage someone that 84 months is the way to go when a vehicle depreciates 50% off the lot??

Honestly, OP, if someone is really telling you - 72/84 finance is for you, you’re just waiting for someone to tell you what you want to hear so you can justify an buying depreciating liability.
Dang, chill out my guy, lmao I’m not waiting for anyone to tell me anything, I’m trying to help others out, if you not offering help like the others don’t reply to this thread, lol
Thanks but no thanks !

Sponsored

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dang, chill out my guy, lmao I’m not waiting for anyone to tell me anything, I’m trying to help others out, if you not offering help like the others don’t reply to this thread, lol
Thanks but no thanks !
His response was probably one of the more helpful responses on this thread.

OP
OP
andi

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol okay, another one,
My initial thread was about just simply posting finance rates that you will be using, not ur opinion whether it’s a bad idea to have 84 months

deckape

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mercury cougar/ 2004 ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I bet you're a blast at parties... I always take financial advice from random internet millionaires:rolleyes:

I get that public school math may not be your thing, but blanket statements stating absolutes are NEVER true. Insanely rich people become insanely rich by using other peoples money to their advantage. Many people (including me) have the ability to pay cash for their new Bronco, but instead will leverage other peoples money on a depreciating asset in order to keep their own money more liquid. This is Econ 101. But, by all means, you continue making your millions by providing financial advice to the rest of us Huckleberries...

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
84 months ????
..I've never had a loan more than 60 months,and paid most of them off early..but I do like the idea of 84 months,if you're going to finance...with 84 months,you get the smallest ,monthly payment..in this environment,where jobs could be suspended at any time...you have a chance to keep your ride...you can double up,or triple up your payment every month ....if you need it...the convenience is there...I'm going to try and get 1.9% with Ford Credit..

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No it wasn’t...
Really it wasn’t...
But thanks for playin..

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I get you think you are trying to make a point but to say something like a vehicle depreciates 50% off the lot is plain stupid...

Personally I wouldn’t finance a vehicle for 84 months but to say you can’t afford it is also plain stupid..
I’ve got a lot of construction friends buying $80-90k trucks and are going 84 months. I am pretty damn confident they are financially savvy and doing just fine...

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get you think you are trying to make a point but to say something like a vehicle depreciates 50% off the lot is plain stupid...

Personally I wouldn’t finance a vehicle for 84 months but to say you can’t afford it is also plain stupid..
I’ve got a lot of construction friends buying $80-90k trucks and are going 84 months. I am pretty damn confident they are financially savvy and doing just fine...
These car loans being stretched out farther and farther to get the monthly payment affordable for people. Getting them into an $80k truck when they make $80k a year.

reminds me of the 2007 housing loan market. That didn’t turn out to great.
Just saying I see a lot of similarities...

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, please be careful with anything longer than 60 months

That said, check out your local credit unions, their rates will often beat the major banks and most do good in their immediate community. No idea why anyone banks at BofA or other national banks in 2020

OP
OP
andi

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

These car loans being stretched out farther and farther to get the monthly payment affordable for people. Getting them into an $80k truck when they make $80k a year.

reminds me of the 2007 housing loan market. That didn’t turn out to great.
Just saying I see a lot of similarities...
Okay mr. millionaire, thanks for the advice
Sponsored