Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not interested in massive changes to color options or major mechanical options.

Here's what I want:
  • More details and videos regarding all the features currently listed but we know little about (e.g. trail cams, connected vs. built-in nav, trail maps, full non-BN videos of removal and installation of all top options, what top configurations are actually possible at highway speeds, etc.)
  • A list of explanations for B&P restrictions that either state the restriction being fixed/looked into or functioning as intended, probably with some additional explanation (looking at you 2.7L engine can't have PPF or sound-deadening headliner)
  • A list of what accessories we can expect to be added to the B&P Prior to ordering (we're no where near 200+ yet)
  • A list of all options that will be late availability for MY21
Basically, I don't want Ford to waste time trying to add options for MY21, but we do need a LOT more information on what the current options actually are.
Sponsored

CaseyH

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M4, Camaro, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont know a lot about car production, so excuse me for sounding ignorant. Why do almost all car companies use this model where some features are not "a la carte" without higher level trims? The only reasons I can think of are because of production line efficiency and marketing for up-sales. The second of which makes me feel cheated.

So why not choose 2D or 4D, then begin to build from there? Only things that may require extras are like auxilery switches and extra outlets that require a second battery. Trans + Engine need to match (like they do now). This seems way more customer friendly.
They are able to bundle things you want into packages and forces you to buy additional features that you don't need. It increases your overall sales price adding in all these extra features.

This is exactly how the cable bill works. You pay for hundreds of channels you never actually watch because they are bundled in with channels you do watch.

Atlanta Cruisin

Black Diamond
First Name
Salem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here are three:
  • White Top - White Painted Modular available regardless of body paint and independent of trim. White Top is fundamental to the Bronco heritage. They missed for initial builds. But they should be able to realize the demand and provide for late MY21 and MY22 builds.
  • Rear Console AC Vents - I don't think anyone wants the current mold trap blowing cold air on smelly feet. This is really low hanging fruit. Should be an easy fix.
  • Keyless Access - Get rid of the sticky Tootsie Roll on the side of the door. Looks terrible and is unreliable with the known battery issues. Ford already has the technology of hiding the keypad in the B Pillar. Do that.
Yes!

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You wrote a passionate post to Ford to ignore everyone and get to building Broncos because you can’t make everyone happy.

“Potential customers; if we continue to demand changes, due to supply issues alone for your requests, production will be delayed by months.”

you said exactly that...if Ford could fix any issues and make it better for everyone why are you against a delay? Because you want yours! Lol
How much of a delay are you willing to accept? Just seems like there is way to much complaining going on...that's all. I am old enough to know that we will NOT get everything we want and if Ford did give it to us...there would still be...more complaining.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much of a delay are you willing to accept? Just seems like there is way to much complaining going on...that's all. I am old enough to know that we will NOT get everything we want and if Ford did give it to us...there would still be...more complaining.
Lol I know, I was just giving you a hard time. There’s an heir of selfishness to what you said but I feel the same way, I’d rather not wait. I’m fine with the complaining, it is what it is. A lot of things people are asking about are issues I have too; Packages, Interior colors, tops. My wife (it’s hers) insists on not waiting even though she hates the gray top so there are others that just want the vehicle.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Much progress is being made apparently, when your major "wish" is more interior color options to go with your handbags and pumps. Good job Ford, I'd call it a day.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I called ford about the lack of a tow package on the base trim and they suggested I upgrade to a higher-priced trim so in other words pay a minimum of $5485 for a hitch. I'm out, gonna look for something else.
I'm just going to add my own hitch. Don't know why Ford doesn't want me to overpay them hundred if dollars for a basic tow package that seems to only include the cheap hitch and the wiring harness. It's not like some vehicles where the tow package includes a bigger radiator or other upgrades.

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Howdy guys!

So recently, as I'm sure y'all may have noticed, this forum has turned a bit... sour. Lots of threads have turned into places for people to air grievances that things with the Bronco aren't EXACTLY how they wanted/pictured/dreamed. I get that, no vehicle is perfect, and it's ok to want something better. But there is now so much noise, and so many complaints that it's starting to get hard to focus on the items that are the most important. There could still be some minor changes put into effect in the coming months before the order books open and Job 1 begins. So we want to use that time to provide Ford with our top things to focus on for the 2021/2022 Bronco to give us as much of a chance of changing those things as possible. So that's what I'm creating this thread for; so we can be constructive and help Ford deliver what we want. Now, I don't want to overpromise and say that all of the things we vote on can be accomplished. But our best chance of changing things and having our input valued is to narrow it down, and offer solutions. So please, realizing that Ford is watching, let's hear some ideas on what can be done to improve the vehicle/launch process/ any other questions you may have. And let's make sure to thank the Bronco team, and things that they've done well and can expand on are needed as well! I think most of us are happy with at least 97% of the Bronco, it's obvious they've put a lot of work into it and the design is an absolute home run.

I will update the thread with a poll later on when I get some of our most repeated requests so we can vote on what's most important to us.

Updated; Here is the poll so far thanks to @North7
8157B358-29D3-4724-8C4B-69DC2678CC76.png

Edit: Just to address some of the already popular things:

1. White roof will be a late availability, 2022 model year. The black painted hardtop is also delayed, but it sounds like it will still be towards the end of the 2021 Model Year.

2. Rear console A/C vents are not going to be something that can be changed. Maybe with a mid-cycle refresh in a few years, but that is an extensive engineering challenge.

3. Interiors, the prototype show cars did not have a production interior. I do think that ford intends to have fancier interiors down the line (hence the prototypes and the Filson Bronco) but right now I think simplicity is key.

4. More "A la carte" options. This is definitely something we can provide feedback on, but packages are there for a reason and it vastly simplifies supply chains and how the trucks are produced. Ford is already doing a pretty good job of offering things like sasquatch A la carte, I wouldn't expect it or anything offered in the interior packages to be broken down much further.
why didn’t we add something to more tire options (I.e . 33s and a/t for sas? These don’t cost ford anything .
Keep in mind they probably already orders materials so we should be more practical on what they can easily do.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This isn't an engineering issue ~ it's a marketing/sales tactic.
And their marketing strategy will backfire (for me anyway) because I would be willing to push my budget for a manual Black Diamond with the mid-package. But without the Mid-Package, there isn't much on the BD that I need/want that I can't get on a base by adding Sasquatch and the steel bumper and rock rails (and eventually an aftermarket tow hitch).
Ford will lose a lot of extra money from me because I will be getting the Base Mansquatch instead and save the extra money for fun after-market stuff (that's not from Ford).

Sponsored

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
PERHAPS RESERVING ONE IS THE WRONG THING TO DO. EVEN THOUGH IT WILL BE MUCH LONGER TO RECIEVE A BRONCO IT MAY BE WORTH IT TO SEE WHAT CHANGES WILL BE MADE WITH EXT AND INT COLOR CHOICES, (HERITAGE COLORS) AND SOME OF THE PACKAGE PRICES SEEM AWFULLY HIGH FOR WHAT YOU GET (SASQUATCH ON BD). MAYBE BREAK DOWN SOME PACKAGES INTO 2 OR THREE TO GIVE BETTER CHOICES, WHY PAY A LOT FOR THINGS YOU DON'T REALLY WANT TO GET WHAT YOU DO? WHY THE INCOMPATABILITY OF SOME ITEMS SUCH AS SASQUATCH AND SOUND DEADENING HEADLINER?

Sharky

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Howdy guys!

So recently, as I'm sure y'all may have noticed, this forum has turned a bit... sour. Lots of threads have turned into places for people to air grievances that things with the Bronco aren't EXACTLY how they wanted/pictured/dreamed. I get that, no vehicle is perfect, and it's ok to want something better. But there is now so much noise, and so many complaints that it's starting to get hard to focus on the items that are the most important. There could still be some minor changes put into effect in the coming months before the order books open and Job 1 begins. So we want to use that time to provide Ford with our top things to focus on for the 2021/2022 Bronco to give us as much of a chance of changing those things as possible. So that's what I'm creating this thread for; so we can be constructive and help Ford deliver what we want. Now, I don't want to overpromise and say that all of the things we vote on can be accomplished. But our best chance of changing things and having our input valued is to narrow it down, and offer solutions. So please, realizing that Ford is watching, let's hear some ideas on what can be done to improve the vehicle/launch process/ any other questions you may have. And let's make sure to thank the Bronco team, and things that they've done well and can expand on are needed as well! I think most of us are happy with at least 97% of the Bronco, it's obvious they've put a lot of work into it and the design is an absolute home run.

I will update the thread with a poll later on when I get some of our most repeated requests so we can vote on what's most important to us.

Updated; Here is the poll so far thanks to @North7
8157B358-29D3-4724-8C4B-69DC2678CC76.png

Edit: Just to address some of the already popular things:

1. White roof will be a late availability, 2022 model year. The black painted hardtop is also delayed, but it sounds like it will still be towards the end of the 2021 Model Year.

2. Rear console A/C vents are not going to be something that can be changed. Maybe with a mid-cycle refresh in a few years, but that is an extensive engineering challenge.

3. Interiors, the prototype show cars did not have a production interior. I do think that ford intends to have fancier interiors down the line (hence the prototypes and the Filson Bronco) but right now I think simplicity is key.

4. More "A la carte" options. This is definitely something we can provide feedback on, but packages are there for a reason and it vastly simplifies supply chains and how the trucks are produced. Ford is already doing a pretty good job of offering things like sasquatch A la carte, I wouldn't expect it or anything offered in the interior packages to be broken down much further.

Sharky

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
To be able to have Tube steps and Remote Start as a option on the base model.
Sponsored