l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently got a 4dr Badlands 7MT Lux, and aside from mudflaps I have been thinking about getting the most out of this thing. That means spending money on good stuff as needed, but also being creative with what I've got and not just blindly kitting it out. I'm in Illinois, so I don't have mountain or desert needs, but this will be the roadtrip vehicle and I definitely want to get off-pavement next year.

I've been debating Rek-Gen or Rokblokz, I think RG are great and like the quick-release of the Roks, but it sounds like the Reks are a better fit or have more clearance. I know about removing the blocks behind the fender liners, but I don't need the quick-release. I'd love a set of flexible Baja-type mudflaps, as if they were made out of the conveyor belts in grocery stores 🧐

Otherwise, I have the factory tool kit, a box of bungees, a first aid kit, a plastic basket with a shovel, blanket, handtools, and some other stuff, and small/large cargo nets. I want to get a couple of good winch straps, a tailgate table, some kind of DIY cargo organizer, and a fire/flare kit, but I'm not sure what else would be good to throw into the kit.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway in KY would be a good overlanding trip not too far away from you. A stock Badlands should handle it fine maybe throw a farm jack in there to make any potential tire changes off-road a bit easier. Mostly sounds like you need to worry about camping stuff though since you will want to camp a night or two on the trail most likely. Roof rack setup is clutch in that dept, Obviously

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sooooooo, this thread is asking what mud flaps people prefer?

(Genuine question as I can't figure out what your intent is with this meandering thought of yours)

OP
OP
l88m22vette

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
lol, I guess its about the flaps, but the overall approach as well