First Name
Jim Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
..and I really want a manual gearbox. But I have ZERO interest in a 4 cylinder vehicle. Should I just give up on a Bronco? Will they ever offer the 2.7 with the manual? Should I just get a Rubicon right now?
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
..and I really want a manual gearbox. But I have ZERO interest in a 4 cylinder vehicle. Should I just give up on a Bronco? Will they ever offer the 2.7 with the manual? Should I just get a Rubicon right now?
If you're in no hurry, why get a Rubicon right now? No one knows if they'll offer a >4 cylinder with a manual, but if you're in no hurry you luckily have the time to wait and find out!

OP
OP
First Name
Jim Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Very true. Guess I'll give it a year or so and see what happens. I'd like to think when sales slow a bit they'll offer the six cylinder with the manual. Who knows?

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is my opinion and not based on anything other than my neurons firing, but I think it's more likely they drop the manual entirely before they put the work into offering it with another engine.

Rowing my own gears is nonnegotiable so I'm jumping on it, 4 cyl or not. Besides, it's not like it's a slouch or anything.

OP
OP
First Name
Jim Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hear you. It's manual or nothing for a vehicle like this. But there's no way in hades I'd pay $50k+ for a four popper. Wouldn't care if they boosted it to 400hp.

Sponsored

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it's a pretty safe bet, you'll never see a manual with the V6.

I'm a pretty die hard manual tranny guy and owning a 3.5L EB, I really don't think you can shift a manual fast enough. I can also say the auto transmissions are really smart. They've come a long way. I'm looking forward to trying the auto off-road. The trail control and one pedal should really make the difference.

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Might as well wait it out and flip it for 10-20k over purchase price.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hear you. It's manual or nothing for a vehicle like this. But there's no way in hades I'd pay $50k+ for a four popper. Wouldn't care if they boosted it to 400hp.
I think you should change your perception. There's only a .4L difference in displacement between the 4 and 6 engines. Fewer cylinders = inferior is outdated thinking.

OP
OP
First Name
Jim Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, autos have come a long way. Doesn't meant I want one. I've had manual sports cars that are no doubt slower than their DCT counterparts. Still far more enjoyable to drive the manual.

As for the 4 cylinder, granted I haven't driven both Broncos. But go drive the 5.7L V8 in the Grand Cherokee L or even an ancient Tunda then go push a pedal on half the cylinders. Just doesn't compare.

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
🙄🙄🙄

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, autos have come a long way. Doesn't meant I want one. I've had manual sports cars that are no doubt slower than their DCT counterparts. Still far more enjoyable to drive the manual.

As for the 4 cylinder, granted I haven't driven both Broncos. But go drive the 5.7L V8 in the Grand Cherokee L or even an ancient Tunda then go push a pedal on half the cylinders. Just doesn't compare.
Then I guess you're buying a Wrangler. Though frankly, the 3.6/mt setup in the Wrangler is a dog. If you're primarily concerned with get up and go, I think you'll be miserable with it.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We are lucky to have a manual at all.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2.7L is right at the limit for torque on the MT, not gonna happen.
Sponsored