Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello B6G!

New here. First post. Looking to see who's painted or powder coated their original Sasquatch rims and/or beauty rings.

I'm at 500+ days waiting on a Carbonized Gray 2dr Basesquatch. Thinking of going with a dark bronze wheel and a darker silver/gray on the beauty rings.

Ford Bronco Let's see your painted/powder coated Sasquatch wheels and beauty rings Capture.JPG

Like this.

Ford Bronco Let's see your painted/powder coated Sasquatch wheels and beauty rings Capture.JPG

Compared to the original. (thanks to the B6G member I borrowed this from) :)

Considering painting vs. powder coating. Also thinking about plastidip as a reversible temp solution.

Thoughts? Ideas? Haven't been scheduled yet, so I've got plenty of time before I'm looking at it in my driveway.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont have Sas wheels, but given the opportunity for a new color I might suggest Cerakote. Even a heavy coat is WAY thinner. This can prevent compression chipping when bolting the ring back on. Made for firearms, which have tighter tolerances than regular car parts, Cerakote has come way beyond its standard black. I inherited my Dad's Browning T-bolt, back in the 60s the stocks were cured in salt, which later caused corrosion to the metal parts. Cerakote was cheaper and better looking to oreserve the original parts. And should hold up better to regular abu.. Use!

received_566562954580393.jpeg

received_328052799046454.jpeg

OP
OP
66GT

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont have Sas wheels, but given the opportunity for a new color I might suggest Cerakote. Even a heavy coat is WAY thinner. This can prevent compression chipping when bolting the ring back on. Made for firearms, which have tighter tolerances than regular car parts, Cerakote has come way beyond its standard black. I inherited my Dad's Browning T-bolt, back in the 60s the stocks were cured in salt, which later caused corrosion to the metal parts. Cerakote was cheaper and better looking to oreserve the original parts. And should hold up better to regular abu.. Use!

Ford Bronco Let's see your painted/powder coated Sasquatch wheels and beauty rings received_328052799046454

Ford Bronco Let's see your painted/powder coated Sasquatch wheels and beauty rings received_328052799046454
Love the Cerakote idea. Spent 23 years in the Army, so It would be a great application on the beauty rings. A couple of questions:
Is Cerakote available in something besides the almost black matte?
Does it have to be baked on like powder coat?

Sponsored
OP
OP
66GT

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
66GT

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plasti-dipped mine first week of October. Since then I've driven 6000 miles across the country and tackled Moab, amazingly its still holding up. Here's a shot from a month or two ago

Ford Bronco Let's see your painted/powder coated Sasquatch wheels and beauty rings NCO_2558_cro
I like the flat black against the glossy wheel. Have you had to touch it up yet? How did that go?

OP
OP
66GT

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Powdercoat. $40 per wheel. Included chemical stripping, sand blasting, and coating.
Yeah. That's a big win for the price.

I've got access to a commercial tire mounting machine and wheel balancer, so I'm leaning on doing the whole rim - just need to figure out the right colors.

I did another rendering with a lighter bronze and silver rings when I had a VB on order.

Bronco III - 2.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the Cerakote idea. Spent 23 years in the Army, so It would be a great application on the beauty rings. A couple of questions:
Is Cerakote available in something besides the almost black matte?
Does it have to be baked on like powder coat?
I dont know about the process, I believe it is baked on, but I do know that the color options are only limited by your wallet. Idk where you would go, but theres a retired Marine that has a body shop a few miles from Ft. Huachuca.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Here ya go
Ford Bronco Let's see your painted/powder coated Sasquatch wheels and beauty rings A7B5DD2D-477C-4CAA-ACB0-262B3BEB32D0

Carbonized Grey to match my Badlands

Ford Bronco Let's see your painted/powder coated Sasquatch wheels and beauty rings F5A3793C-199C-447F-B608-A1C9EE391EC1

OP
OP
66GT

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont know about the process, I believe it is baked on, but I do know that the color options are only limited by your wallet. Idk where you would go, but theres a retired Marine that has a body shop a few miles from Ft. Huachuca.
Fort Huachuca - MI Guy?

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah. That's a big win for the price.

I've got access to a commercial tire mounting machine and wheel balancer, so I'm leaning on doing the whole rim - just need to figure out the right colors.

I did another rendering with a lighter bronze and silver rings when I had a VB on order.

Ford Bronco Let's see your painted/powder coated Sasquatch wheels and beauty rings F5A3793C-199C-447F-B608-A1C9EE391EC1
I don’t know what you did to the grille, but it looks really good especially against that blue. Is it silver or gray?

OP
OP
66GT

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t know what you did to the grille, but it looks really good especially against that blue. Is it silver or gray?
It's just a rendering I did in powerpoint.. started out trying to go white.. but it didn't look right with VB.. so I started with silvers until I got a color I like.. then lightened the color on the top to match.

I was all in on AMB with a 60's wimbledon white until I got bumped to '22. More colors for the base... just not the one I wanted.

Once it got gray and rainy in the PNW (Pacific Northwest), the VB didn't look as good... so CG it is. No need to mess with the MIC or grille... just the wheels.
Sponsored