Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That looks awesome. What was the process to paint the ring gray?
That looks awesome. What was the process (paint or powder coat?); where did you get it done?; what was the cost?
Thanks guys.
I removed the beauty rings and then thoroughly cleaned them with Dawn dishwashing liquid & water with a firm scrub brush (this was needed to remove the ceramic coating that was applied day 2 when I received my Bronco). I then used steel wool to scuff them up and get the factory clear coat removed a bit. Next up was another quick wash to remove any residue and then I used denatured alcohol on a microfiber cloth as the final cleaning step.

I ordered 2 aerosol cans each of Carbonized Grey paint & clear coat for PaintScratch.com and applied 3 coats each. Let them dry overnight and reinstalled the following day.

The key to a good paint job is the prep so be sure to be thorough and make sure to really get the clear coat finish off the rings before painting.
Sponsored

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got my SAS Wildtrak rings color matched to Area 51. Love it.
IMG_3886.jpg
IMG_3887.jpg
IMG_3888.jpg
I love the look too. I live in the Bay Area and planned on doing that for my cyber orange Badlands. Where did you get it done? Process? Cost? Really looks great!

Reactions: Cat

vegetarianbarbarian

Wildtrak
First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love the look too. I live in the Bay Area and planned on doing that for my cyber orange Badlands. Where did you get it done? Process? Cost? Really looks great!
$500 at Carroceria Collision in Novato

dropped off the bronco and they had it for 2 days. They can just take off the rings , but prefer to keep the vehicle to ensure color match

post pics if you get it done!

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just got my SAS Wildtrak rings color matched to Area 51. Love it.
IMG_3886.jpg
IMG_3887.jpg
IMG_3888.jpg
I love the idea of body colored bead lock rings. I came here to see if anyone found an Antimatter blue set anywhere.

DreamFolise

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Jeep Scrambler, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. That's a big win for the price.

I've got access to a commercial tire mounting machine and wheel balancer, so I'm leaning on doing the whole rim - just need to figure out the right colors.

I did another rendering with a lighter bronze and silver rings when I had a VB on order.

Bronco III - 2.jpg
Can you do a rendering with black rings?

Sponsored

Jdegid_SoCAL

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla , Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello B6G!

New here. First post. Looking to see who's painted or powder coated their original Sasquatch rims and/or beauty rings.

I'm at 500+ days waiting on a Carbonized Gray 2dr Basesquatch. Thinking of going with a dark bronze wheel and a darker silver/gray on the beauty rings.

Capture.JPG

Like this.

Capture.JPG

Compared to the original. (thanks to the B6G member I borrowed this from) :)

Considering painting vs. powder coating. Also thinking about plastidip as a reversible temp solution.

Thoughts? Ideas? Haven't been scheduled yet, so I've got plenty of time before I'm looking at it in my driveway.
Rings Hyper dipped in stealth grey Took the rings off thoroughly cleaned with alcohol then fog painted about twelve coats. I was thinking of powder coating as well until it occurred to me if I scratched the rings while off off roading I can easily repair.

Link to spray Hyperdip Stealth Grey

Ford Bronco Let's see your painted/powder coated Sasquatch wheels and beauty rings IMG_7139

Last edited:
OP
OP
66GT

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rings Hyper dipped in stealth grey Took the rings off thoroughly cleaned with alcohol then fog painted about twelve coats. I was thinking of powder coating as well until it occurred to me if I scratched the rings while off off roading I can easily repair.

Link to spray Hyperdip Stealth Grey

Ford Bronco Let's see your painted/powder coated Sasquatch wheels and beauty rings IMG_7139
Well done! This is the first I have seen the body-matching SAS beauty rings on Carbonized Gray. Very subtle' and looks way better than "warm alloy"/silver. Will definitely do the rings first... and then maybe consider the bronze later. Seeing a lot of bronze on here... and its appeal has kind of faded. Would like to see it for real on the SAS center portion before I take the plunge at the powder coater. The hyper dip option might be a good idea.

Do you know how easily it "releases" (if you change your mind)... vs how well it wears over time (if you want it to stay)... vs how easily it touches up when damaged?

On another note... if I don't get a Bronco before 2024, I might be going magenta or lavender by then. 🤪

OP
OP
66GT

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
sprayed my rings yesterday with a few coats of Plasti-Dip Luxury Metal.
Pretty pleased with the way they turned out
(other than the fact I put the valve notch in the wrong place on the spare)

Ford Bronco Let's see your painted/powder coated Sasquatch wheels and beauty rings 6553C908-B72D-4CC2-A1E8-A6C0C18AF048
Ford Bronco Let's see your painted/powder coated Sasquatch wheels and beauty rings 14D5526F-384E-437A-A301-EF794D7F19D7

Jdegid_SoCAL

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla , Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well done! This is the first I have seen the body-matching SAS beauty rings on Carbonized Gray. Very subtle' and looks way better than "warm alloy"/silver. Will definitely do the rings first... and then maybe consider the bronze later. Seeing a lot of bronze on here... and its appeal has kind of faded. Would like to see it for real on the SAS center portion before I take the plunge at the powder coater. The hyper dip option might be a good idea.

Do you know how easily it "releases" (if you change your mind)... vs how well it wears over time (if you want it to stay)... vs how easily it touches up when damaged?

On another note... if I don't get a Bronco before 2024, I might be going magenta or lavender by then. 🤪
Well I have used Hyper dip in the past and had it on rims for my daughters car for over three years and they still look perfect
as far as removal I have never removed it but I do know they sell this product to help with removal
https://www.dipyourcar.com/collecti...products/dip-dissolver?variant=31141798150227

again I went this route thinking that if the rings get scratched which is what they are designed for, it would be so easy to fix and I wouldn't lose my mind scratching powder coating

the stealth grey is amazingly close color match

I was thinking of flirting with this color as the center since its not as bronzy and darker than the actual bronze color you see everyone rockin now
https://www.dipyourcar.com/collecti...key-hyperdip-wheel-kit?variant=39407787704403

Sponsored
OP
OP
66GT

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I have used Hyper dip in the past and had it on rims for my daughters car for over three years and they still look perfect
as far as removal I have never removed it but I do know they sell this product to help with removal
https://www.dipyourcar.com/collecti...products/dip-dissolver?variant=31141798150227

again I went this route thinking that if the rings get scratched which is what they are designed for, it would be so easy to fix and I wouldn't lose my mind scratching powder coating

the stealth grey is amazingly close color match

I was thinking of flirting with this color as the center since its not as bronzy and darker than the actual bronze color you see everyone rockin now
https://www.dipyourcar.com/collecti...key-hyperdip-wheel-kit?variant=39407787704403
That is exactly the color I was looking for. I do my renderings in PowerPoint, so the ways I can manipulate the colors are pretty limited.

I bet that Brass Monkey would look just sick on Carbonized Gray. 😍

I took this pic on a Tacoma when I was in Alaska last year because I liked the dark bronze. (It looks darker when not in full sunlight.)
Ford Bronco Let's see your painted/powder coated Sasquatch wheels and beauty rings 20210806_170843

This is the closest I have seen on Carbonized Gray... would love to see it with body color rings.
Ford Bronco Let's see your painted/powder coated Sasquatch wheels and beauty rings 64C70420-E632-4936-B628-07B86BE15675
Ford Bronco Let's see your painted/powder coated Sasquatch wheels and beauty rings 56929EC3-03F9-46F4-8DCC-7E19D0C22A07

Jdegid_SoCAL

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla , Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is exactly the color I was looking for. I do my renderings in PowerPoint, so the ways I can manipulate the colors are pretty limited.

I bet that Brass Monkey would look just sick on Carbonized Gray. 😍

I took this pic on a Tacoma when I was in Alaska last year because I liked the dark bronze. (It looks darker when not in full sunlight.)
Ford Bronco Let's see your painted/powder coated Sasquatch wheels and beauty rings 56929EC3-03F9-46F4-8DCC-7E19D0C22A07

This is the closest I have seen on Carbonized Gray... would love to see it with body color rings.
Heres a quick a dirty Photoshop
Ford Bronco Let's see your painted/powder coated Sasquatch wheels and beauty rings Bronco-color-rims

OP
OP
66GT

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

vegetarianbarbarian

Wildtrak
First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you get the paint code/ brand of powder coat by chance?
Sorry I didn’t get the paint brand
I vaguely remember the color code as KU, but that should be all over this forum.

good luck
Sponsored