03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here ya go
A7B5DD2D-477C-4CAA-ACB0-262B3BEB32D0.jpeg

Carbonized Grey to match my Badlands

F5A3793C-199C-447F-B608-A1C9EE391EC1.jpeg
Looks great. That's what I was trying to approximate in the rendering. Pretty sure I'll be going with CG on the rings. Now it's just the centers I need to figure out.

Sux having to play with colors on a screen... but until Ford decides to crank out some E5Cs, I'm stuck doing it this way.
Sponsored

hudsonbronco

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge p-up
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello B6G!

New here. First post. Looking to see who's painted or powder coated their original Sasquatch rims and/or beauty rings.

I'm at 500+ days waiting on a Carbonized Gray 2dr Basesquatch. Thinking of going with a dark bronze wheel and a darker silver/gray on the beauty rings.

Capture.JPG

Like this.

Capture.JPG

Compared to the original. (thanks to the B6G member I borrowed this from) :)

Considering painting vs. powder coating. Also thinking about plastidip as a reversible temp solution.

Thoughts? Ideas? Haven't been scheduled yet, so I've got plenty of time before I'm looking at it in my driveway.
Hello B6G!

New here. First post. Looking to see who's painted or powder coated their original Sasquatch rims and/or beauty rings.

I'm at 500+ days waiting on a Carbonized Gray 2dr Basesquatch. Thinking of going with a dark bronze wheel and a darker silver/gray on the beauty rings.

Ford Bronco Let's see your painted/powder coated Sasquatch wheels and beauty rings Capture.JPG

Like this.

Ford Bronco Let's see your painted/powder coated Sasquatch wheels and beauty rings Capture.JPG

Compared to the original. (thanks to the B6G member I borrowed this from) :)

Considering painting vs. powder coating. Also thinking about plastidip as a reversible temp solution.

Thoughts? Ideas? Haven't been scheduled yet, so I've got plenty of time before I'm looking at it in my driveway.
Powder

IMG_0287.jpeg

IMG_0286.jpeg

OP
OP
66GT

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wife was a 96B/35F, she just retired(20yrs). I'm dependa/dirty construction trash.
Haha. It took me 23 years to finally graduate from the Army. First 4 as an 11B at 2/75 Ranger Bn... and lots of times through Huachuca after I commissioned MI. Can't say I don't miss the AZ winters.

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha. It took me 23 years to finally graduate from the Army. First 4 as an 11B at 2/75 Ranger Bn... and lots of times through Huachuca after I commissioned MI. Can't say I don't miss the AZ winters.
Well you made the smart choice and got away.
She would have stayed in longer, but 10Mtn/Ft Drum got her some nice frost bite/nerve damage, it broke her and the changed MSG promotion procedure sealed it.

Road Runners on Hwy 90 by Whetstone/Huachuca City, is a cerakote trained applicator. The owner had a ton of cerakoted automotive & firearm parts in different colors. Where powder coat goes on in 1mm, cerakote is like .001mm, and doesnt chip.

Sponsored
OP
OP
66GT

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well you made the smart choice and got away.
She would have stayed in longer, but 10Mtn/Ft Drum got her some nice frost bite/nerve damage, it broke her and the changed MSG promotion procedure sealed it.

Road Runners on Hwy 90 by Whetstone/Huachuca City, is a cerakote trained applicator. The owner had a ton of cerakoted automotive & firearm parts in different colors. Where powder coat goes on in 1mm, cerakote is like .001mm, and doesnt chip.
Fort Drum broke me, too... in a way... turned down the job of 10 MTN G2 to retire in place at JBLM. Mostly bad timing on the personal front, but I can't say the thought of PT during lake-effect winds appealed to me all that much.

Very interested in your cerakote idea... wondering if a gloss-finish Carbonized Gray would even be available... or cost prohibitive? Could they do a whole rim (dark bronze), or is there a size limitation?

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fort Drum broke me, too... in a way... turned down the job of 10 MTN G2 to retire in place at JBLM. Mostly bad timing on the personal front, but I can't say the thought of PT during lake-effect winds appealed to me all that much.

Very interested in your cerakote idea... wondering if a gloss-finish Carbonized Gray would even be available... or cost prohibitive? Could they do a whole rim (dark bronze), or is there a size limitation?
Ask Cerakote who is an authorized dealer in your area. Or reach out to the folks in southern AZ
https://www.roadrunnersbodyshop.com/
Check them out, shoot them an email, call or whatnot. I'm sure you can utilize those MI skills to research your ideas.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I plasti-dipped mine first week of October. Since then I've driven 6000 miles across the country and tackled Moab, amazingly its still holding up. Here's a shot from a month or two ago

Ford Bronco Let's see your painted/powder coated Sasquatch wheels and beauty rings 4D590D68-1ADC-4ADA-B9D1-D5931D8B39B7
Did you take them off to spray them?

OP
OP
66GT

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks awesome. What was the process (paint or powder coat?); where did you get it done?; what was the cost?
Sponsored