Sponsored

Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups!

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been dreaming as well, hoping for a roof rack that I like before I pull the trigger on the tent. Somehow none of the current racks check all my boxes.

2ndGenBroncoOwner

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Installing the Badass Recon tent this weekend with the help of the Electric hoist system I'm installing in the garage. Pics to follow...

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I've been dreaming as well, hoping for a roof rack that I like before I pull the trigger on the tent. Somehow none of the current racks check all my boxes.
Check out the BadAss Tent or Valkyrie racks. The Valkyrie does it for me, hands down.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
My Valkyrie roof rack just arrived. Hoping to install that with my Ikamper Skycamp 2.0 this week.
Beauty! I have the 2 door rack version on the way... They were delayed 😔

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check out the BadAss Tent or Valkyrie racks. The Valkyrie does it for me, hands down.
I love the modularity of the Valkyrie however, purely (mostly) aesthetics, but I wish the side beams were beefier. I find that makes it look really cheap and I do wonder about flex.

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the modularity of the Valkyrie however, purely (mostly) aesthetics, but I wish the side beams were beefier. I find that makes it look really cheap and I do wonder about flex.
Agreed it doesn't look was stout as some of the competitors out there. But I feel with the amount of cross beams they supply it will actually be pretty rigid. We shall see. My big concern about some of the other kits was the weight of them. The Bronco hardtop is pretty light weight and I just wanted to try and keep all unnecessary weight off of the top as I can. A tent and my awning are all I plan to add to it. Fingers crossed it's enough.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That stood out to me too.. But the ratings are published.
🤷

Sponsored
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed it doesn't look was stout as some of the competitors out there. But I feel with the amount of cross beams they supply it will actually be pretty rigid. We shall see. My big concern about some of the other kits was the weight of them. The Bronco hardtop is pretty light weight and I just wanted to try and keep all unnecessary weight off of the top as I can. A tent and my awning are all I plan to add to it. Fingers crossed it's enough.
I think I read someone took delivery of the BAT 4 door rack, and the shipping weight was over 70Lbs! They use a lot of steel I think.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That stood out to me too.. But the ratings are published.
🤷
A general curiosity about all of the roof rack manufacturers claiming static and dynamic load limits. I don't know how claims can be made without doing some level of destructive testing on the MIC top so it all seems like a "best guess".

I doubt any manufacturer has done this, and I think the way JCR handled it is appropriate -
"Ford rates the Bronco roof with a factory rack at "Max load 110 lbs dynamic and 450 lbs static evenly distributed." Our rack itself can handle significantly more weight than that, and we've had 250 lbs dynamic weight on it without issue, static capacity is certainly well above that. All these weights will be at your discretion as they are above Ford "recommended" capacities."

Blzbronco007

Outer Banks
First Name
Blaze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

New to bronco6g and wanted to post a pic of my Badass Renegade rooftop tent on the oem roof rack. The Badass team is also working on a custom wind guard to go on my oem rack. The pic below is a prototype for now but makes a huge difference with wind noise after installing the RTT. Also created a rear roof/side rack for rotopax.
Been using the setup for baseball tourneys so far but going camping this week to try everything in the wild.
The BA Tent folks in San Diego are awesome! I highly recommend them.

75F766C4-4DFA-48FA-952D-9A7DEC1A0F59.jpeg

2760DC8F-4CBC-4B42-A25C-D2C10383A6F5.jpeg

13143F30-0CD4-40C1-B562-3431279416CB.jpeg

8BE3B9A3-6EA9-4E88-A137-D9706E8681A1.jpeg

A7DAE38E-AA1C-4BAE-8834-D6D1B275BC99.jpeg

davepriz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Currently planning for my 2 door to have the TrailRax roof rack + pak rax with an iKamper X-Cover Mini 2.0. With the tent’s small footprint and coming in at 120lbs I should have flexibility to leverage the roof rack otherwise as well. Possibly thinking of having a Roam case up top with Rotopax and Maxtrax both separately side mounted.

Last edited: