Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright, I was pretty automatic at first that I was going to get this option, but now I'm taking a step back and kind of thinking it through more because I'm concerned about a couple of things:

1) How much harder will it be to remove the roof rack when I want to take the hardtop off during the summer?
2) When Ford installs this roof rack, does it leave holes or marks in the MIC top that are going to look bad if I run without roof rails (basically will I always need to re-attach the roof rails when I put the hardtop back on)
3) Will ford give me the color insert on the front above the windshield if I do purchase this for them so if I run without roof rails it doesn't look goofy on the front?
4) Based upon the Jeep aftermarket, do we think that I could get a better deal by waiting for the aftermarket solution, especially if the roof rail is going to leave permanent marks on the MIC top?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Petey

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want this roof rack...

Ford Bronco Let's talk about the Factory Roof Rails with Crossbars E34F2D4D-B108-4FED-B083-5384269EEBFE
I think I would want this more than the factory option. Complete attachment to the rear MIC top. Not sure how much weight that is going to hold though....

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are 2 bolts holding the end cap on and 2 bolts anchoring the rack at each end. I asked about this at the Moab event.

Sponsored

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think I would want this more than the factory option. Complete attachment to the rear MIC top. Not sure how much weight that is going to hold though....
Yeah, I would want the longer roof rails at least. I need to be able to tie down 4 x 8 sheets of whatever on the roof.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are 2 bolts holding the end cap on and 2 bolts anchoring the rack at each end. I asked about this at the Moab event.
My worry with those attachment point covers is my experience with them is popping them off is a pain and they always get a little damaged.

OP
OP
Petey

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My worry with those attachment point covers is my experience with them is popping them off is a pain and they always get a little damaged.
I'm starting to agree. I'm wondering if I don't wait for an aftermarket cage system.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Since you can't option the roof rails with crossbars if you have the sasquatch package from the factory, due to supposed GVWR limitations, does anyone think that the dealers will sell them to us separately. I'll even let them weigh my wife at 105 lbs. to verify we won't be going over the limit! :D

Seriously, I'll even install them myself, if it's a liability thing.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm starting to agree. I'm wondering if I don't wait for an aftermarket cage system.
This. I have no confidence in the weight capacity of the Jenga roof. I'm a MY22 reservation holder so hopefully the aftermarket will start to come online.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since you can't option the roof rails with crossbars if you have the sasquatch package from the factory, due to supposed GVWR limitations, does anyone think that the dealers will sell them to us separately. I'll even let them weigh my wife at 105 lbs. to verify we won't be going over the limit! :D

Seriously, I'll even install them myself, if it's a liability thing.
For sure they will. Why wouldn't they? I just bought sway bar links from the Ford dealer. They asked what vehicle they were for but didn't verify.

Everyone is over thinking this.

You will be able to get a roof rack even if you have a 5.0L super-sasquatch on 40s.

6SpeedBowtie

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Wrangler, Corvette, Sierra, MGB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want this roof rack...

Ford Bronco Let's talk about the Factory Roof Rails with Crossbars E34F2D4D-B108-4FED-B083-5384269EEBFE
I'm right there with you! This is the roof and roof rack I was originally going to get. Looks like neither of them are going to be available.....

I wanted this one because I'm concerned about removing the middle section of roof with the other one. This one looks like all passengers can enjoy topless driving, even if on a long trip(the top of our Wrangler JKU is folded back as often a possible!) Also, as others have noted, this looks like it would also be easier to allow the full removal of the roof.

I'm surprised we aren't seeing more Factory Accessories being hyped, even if they are late availability.

I wish there were an option for the middle panel to be more transportable/foldable. Hoping the aftermarket addresses this one.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm getting the factory rails/rack. I think this is something Ford got right. Integrated , not too obtrusive mounting, looks good with/without, multiple cross bar attachment points (it will work with my basket or kayak). As anal as everyone is about the GVWR thing, do you really think an aftermarket tubular body mounted frame rack will be within limits? Those things are heavy.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a inflatable duck boat, for fun and fishing, comes in at about 80lbs or so, no room inside so it has to go up there.
Sponsored