Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i guess I'm still concerned about the marks and damage that the factory roof rack will make on the MIC hardtop. If I decide to go aftermarket soft top in the summer, but get a cage style rack for that, I don't necessarily want to have any damage to the MIC top. I guess I could swap racks when I swap tops, but that's a lot of equipment to store in my garage.....
Sponsored

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Alright, I was pretty automatic at first that I was going to get this option, but now I'm taking a step back and kind of thinking it through more because I'm concerned about a couple of things:

1) How much harder will it be to remove the roof rack when I want to take the hardtop off during the summer?
2) When Ford installs this roof rack, does it leave holes or marks in the MIC top that are going to look bad if I run without roof rails (basically will I always need to re-attach the roof rails when I put the hardtop back on)
3) Will ford give me the color insert on the front above the windshield if I do purchase this for them so if I run without roof rails it doesn't look goofy on the front?
4) Based upon the Jeep aftermarket, do we think that I could get a better deal by waiting for the aftermarket solution, especially if the roof rail is going to leave permanent marks on the MIC top?
These are four great questions I still haven't seen answered. Ideally I would like to only put the roof rails on when I'm car camping, sorry Overlanding, and then keep them off the rest of the time. I hate the idea of two brackets stuck to the hardtop and two black squares above the windshield when the rails are off. My new plan with accessories that I need further answers on is to simply strike them off the B&P and go aftermarket later. Ford, if you are listening, more accessory lists and info about them could make you a boatload more $$$:)

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm right there with you! This is the roof and roof rack I was originally going to get. Looks like neither of them are going to be available.....

I wanted this one because I'm concerned about removing the middle section of roof with the other one. This one looks like all passengers can enjoy topless driving, even if on a long trip(the top of our Wrangler JKU is folded back as often a possible!) Also, as others have noted, this looks like it would also be easier to allow the full removal of the roof.

I'm surprised we aren't seeing more Factory Accessories being hyped, even if they are late availability.

I wish there were an option for the middle panel to be more transportable/foldable. Hoping the aftermarket addresses this one.
Looks like the middle roof section would fit on that back rack. Just need some ratchet straps or something else very strong. Just a thought. ?‍♂

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want the rack but am concerned how it effects the ease of removing the roof. May wait until others give feedback then I can purchase later.

Sponsored

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I e-mailed Gobi racks a couple weeks ago, and they are planning to make racks for the Bronco.

They rate 300 lbs dynamic on the Wrangler, and 800 static.

Ford Bronco Let's talk about the Factory Roof Rails with Crossbars D2C8B0DB-0F3D-4040-8FB1-6A5EBE779537

Edit: I also heard back from Front Runner that they plan to have a Bronco rack available Spring 2021. I assume they probably have CAD files or something. They have a slightly different approach on the Jeep, similar to Rhino Rack, where you have to cut into the hard top for the mounts in the rear. Still, I love my current FR rack, and I’d be able to reuse all my current accessories.

Ford Bronco Let's talk about the Factory Roof Rails with Crossbars 20603F7D-F2A7-4FB2-80BD-2AD84CC40F7B

Last edited:

thd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro SS 1/LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel pretty confident all of the racks we are seeing from Ford are part of the 250+ that will be available. I thought Ford said the accessory list and pricing will be ready in 2021 (maybe I heard January?). There is also a rumor ordering is being delayed from December to January also. Either way, we just have to wait to see if any of these will have late availability but they are not produced by Ford so I don't see why these aftermarket companies would delay the availability of their accessories.

Originally I wanted to racks currently shown in the P&B but I also like the rack in the fishing concept now too. Has me thinking. Also, just saw a video that shows the front roof panel can be removed with the roof racks installed very easily. Just need to open the doors! However, full removal requires the rack to come off.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Did you add any other attchment to use these? The roof bag I have would sag due to distance between the rails.

I'm getting the factory rails/rack. I think this is something Ford got right. Integrated , not too obtrusive mounting, looks good with/without, multiple cross bar attachment points (it will work with my basket or kayak). As anal as everyone is about the GVWR thing, do you really think an aftermarket tubular body mounted frame rack will be within limits? Those things are heavy.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd like something like this (image below).

Basically the two front (small red circle) mounts, would attach to the stock Bronco windshield attachment points. And in back, a couple tubings (large red circle) would mount down on a rear bumper.

That way the rack could be used with hardtop, soft top or no top. Because I might want to carry two kayaks with no top.

Potentially could have it function without the center section as well, but might then need a way to brace the rear "hoop".

Ford Bronco Let's talk about the Factory Roof Rails with Crossbars 1676561556463

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you add any other attchment to use these? The roof bag I have would sag due to distance between the rails.
I have an Amazon rack, about 4 x3 and yakima canoe adapters. I run the front crossbar in the rear position for the basket and forward with the kayak.

Sponsored

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have an Amazon rack, about 4 x3 and yakima canoe adapters. I run the front crossbar in the rear position for the basket and forward with the kayak.
Can you send a pic with the Amazon rack? Please

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have no pics on the Bronco, and am no smart enough to share a link, but Amazon lists it as: Elevate Outdoor RB DLX V2, they also have an extender I might get so I don't have to move the cross bar. I've had it for years and used it on my jeep previously. Not ultra heavy duty, but will do what the Bronco rack will do

Mr Toad

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since you can't option the roof rails with crossbars if you have the sasquatch package from the factory, due to supposed GVWR limitations, does anyone think that the dealers will sell them to us separately. I'll even let them weigh my wife at 105 lbs. to verify we won't be going over the limit! :D

Seriously, I'll even install them myself, if it's a liability thing.
That’s not true. My Badlands 2Dr Sasquatch came with rails and crossbars. It comes with the front painted caps for when the rack is removed but the location of the rear crossbar is fixed- not adjustable. And it’s too close to the rear hatch to mount most rooftop boxes like a Rocketbox case. Have to buy a third crossbar to make that work.

Mr Toad

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright, I was pretty automatic at first that I was going to get this option, but now I'm taking a step back and kind of thinking it through more because I'm concerned about a couple of things:

1) How much harder will it be to remove the roof rack when I want to take the hardtop off during the summer?
2) When Ford installs this roof rack, does it leave holes or marks in the MIC top that are going to look bad if I run without roof rails (basically will I always need to re-attach the roof rails when I put the hardtop back on)
3) Will ford give me the color insert on the front above the windshield if I do purchase this for them so if I run without roof rails it doesn't look goofy on the front?
4) Based upon the Jeep aftermarket, do we think that I could get a better deal by waiting for the aftermarket solution, especially if the roof rail is going to leave permanent marks on the MIC top?
It's not hard to remove the factory rack. And if you order it with your Bronco, it comes with color matched caps for the front mounting points.

You do have to remove the rack to take the back roof off. It clamps to a notch in the MIC top and removes cleanly. You can get the front half roof panels off with the rack in place.

The main problem with the design is the rear crossbar is fixed and located too far back to fit a Rocketbox without running into the tailgate glass. Not only that, but the design of the factory rails and cross bars bolts the cross bars into the flat inside surface of the rails in only two fixed positions. The first is 27-1/2" ahead of the rearmost fixed crossbar, and the second is 27-1/2" ahead of the middle mounting position. You might need clamp on aftermarket crossbars for more flexibility in the fore/aft crossbar locations.

Spread between the insides of the rails is 38-1/2"" both front and back. The rails are about 2-3/4" wide and stand 1-1-1/2" above the roof to the bottom of the rails. There is 33-3/8" between the polymer brackets on the relocatable cross bar (metal contact area) and 38-1/2" on the rear crossbar. The cross bars are 1.08" thick.

I have a Badlands 2Dr Sasquatch with factory rack and crossbars.

BroncoRoofRack - 1.jpeg

BroncoRoofRack - 2.jpeg

BroncoRoofRack - 3.jpeg

BroncoRoofRack - 4.jpeg

BroncoRoofRack - 5.jpeg

BroncoRoofRack - 6.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: