First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are these something they built for the Bronco R.... I say doubtful.

Seems I heard on a video that they represented the production taillights. I can't seem to find that video again.

Kinda looks like they have a stirrup and offer a high level of protection to the lens. But...the have zero side view.

So what are we actually seeing in these taillight housings?

bronco-r-race-prototype-baja-1000-2-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Kinda funny I was thinking about this yesterday too. I really like the look of em so I hope they are representative of the overall look. They looks super durable.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
these are not near production version. these are recessed to protect them from crap getting kicked up by tires or sliding into shit. Production has to be viewable from the side.

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the video that came out with the Bronco R reveal, the Ford rep made a couple comments about the taillights. IIRC, he made it sound like these were either the stock housings or very similar, but with aftermarket lights inside the housing.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
these are not near production version. these are recessed to protect them from crap getting kicked up by tires or sliding into shit. Production has to be viewable from the side.
Maybe they'll add a slit into the side to have the viewing from the side of the lens cover.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Uncle Gump

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
While I agree with viewing from the side... I can't believe they put that much effort into housings for a one off race Bronco.

In the video that came out with the Bronco R reveal, the Ford rep made a couple comments about the taillights. IIRC, he made it sound like these were either the stock housings or very similar, but with aftermarket lights inside the housing.
That's the video I was trying to reference... Glad I'm not totally losing my mind.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In the closeups I think you can tell that those are LED light pods set into that housing. I agree with everyone else that it's set up this way for protection and wouldn't be street legal.

The shape of the housing is probably representative of what the production one will be, but not the design.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FoMoCo can always add other lights to the side of the vehicle for this..... unless there's something within the requirements that the tail light can't be of a two component setup.....

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm guessing it's going to have similar housing but it will be translucent red to see the lights from the side instead of being opaque grey plastic.

Mr B

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 f-350 4x4 supercab shortbox dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are these something they built for the Bronco R.... I say doubtful.

Seems I heard on a video that they represented the production taillights. I can't seem to find that video again.

Kinda looks like they have a stirrup and offer a high level of protection to the lens. But...the have zero side view.

So what are we actually seeing in these taillight housings?

bronco-r-race-prototype-baja-1000-2-jpg.jpg
i watched the same video and it did say that they are reptesentative of the production tail lights

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IIRC the wording he used implied that the shape or general design was representative, but these weren't necessarily production parts or mountings.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The outline carries over don't expect much similarity beyond that.

OP
OP
Uncle Gump

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I believe there is a lot more to these tail light housings then just some plastic surrounds. But maybe it's just me.

They appear to go deep into the body... I suspect they will tie into the body structure. They also have a piece of 1" tube welded to the frame for lower support... and what's with the foot stirrup?

Did they make one off's for the R? I doubt it. These housings are substantial... way more substantial then to house a couple bulbs and a lens.

I suspect they will be an integral part of the rear closure and maybe even part of the tire carrier.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I believe there is a lot more to these tail light housings then just some plastic surrounds. But maybe it's just me.

They appear to go deep into the body... I suspect they will tie into the body structure. They also have a piece of 1" tube welded to the frame for lower support... and what's with the foot stirrup?

Did they make one off's for the R? I doubt it. These housings are substantial... way more substantial then to house a couple bulbs and a lens.

I suspect they will be an integral part of the rear closure and maybe even part of the tire carrier.
If they carry over in that design, size, and material, I would be more inclined to believe they will be a part of the bumper strategy if not an integral part of the bumper itself.
Sponsored