Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3. Volkswagen Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting this! Good info on the differences.

I like the ability to run a small impact gun is also nice if going with the dual.

My research on this very topic was done right after Ford first announced their under-hood mount for the dual compressor. Quite a few folks loved the power tank and stood by them.

The main draw-backs are that it's large, and not reliable in that if you run out of air out on the trail, you're done for and need a tow or somebody else with a compressor. Plenty of folks that came across as solid outdoorsy people admitting they forgot to fill the tank because they had already loaded the vehicle and didn't want to un-load to get to the tank and check, only to have to rely upon their friends.

Power Tank is a perfectly viable direction to go, but there are more limitations than an on-board system. (which isn't flawless, a low battery or failing alternator will see the on-board air leaving you stranded just as well)

It just comes down to preference, and how much space you want to dedicate to the tank. Underhood compressor along with a small gun and airline under a seat doesn't take too much room.
Respectful answer! Thanks I have never used one or know folks personally that do.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stage 3 Motorsports

Stage 3 Motorsports

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door 2.7L Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone install any on-board air (preferably under hood or somewhere external? Not interested in the dual tank, but something for 33's on a BL and maybe an air gun, though that is lower on the list. Was hoping some brackets would hit the market. Also, want to tie in to upfitters, but highest amp is 25.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone install any on-board air (preferably under hood or somewhere external? Not interested in the dual tank, but something for 33's on a BL and maybe an air gun, though that is lower on the list. Was hoping some brackets would hit the market. Also, want to tie in to upfitters, but highest amp is 25.
I don't think anyone's released a mount yet

Sponsored
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2.7 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i just got my underhood mount and arb twin compressor, i was wondering about wiring and installation, would it work with aux 1? or would i have to wire it to the battery? cant seem to find any info on that

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i just got my underhood mount and arb twin compressor, i was wondering about wiring and installation, would it work with aux 1? or would i have to wire it to the battery? cant seem to find any info on that
There should be installation instructions in your ARB twin compressor kit. If not, the power harness will wire directly to the battery terminals, but the other harness only needs the single purple wire to handle a trigger signal to activate the on-board relay in the compressor unit, so I would recommend using one of the four, 10A upfitter switches, leaving AUX 1 and AUX-2 for higher-amperage tasks. I chose AUX-6 (yellow/orange wire). I still need to clean up the wiring a bit, but the connections in the photos below are fully functional.

Ford Bronco Lets Talk ARB Air Compressors 50CFF347-7153-48BF-ACFD-E33033371FBB

Ford Bronco Lets Talk ARB Air Compressors D89E3113-1E33-4C44-981A-89943EFAD3E5
Ford Bronco Lets Talk ARB Air Compressors B6A9264E-5A08-4EDA-AA17-40E8B0FE0A15
Ford Bronco Lets Talk ARB Air Compressors 7638495C-AD3A-4F26-A76B-A83ACE0A3D21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2.7 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
awesome! thanks, would you mind answering another question? how did you go about terminating the other wires on the switch harness?
Sponsored